Southern University investigating leaked 'private' video

Status
Not open for further replies.

BraveMan97

http://www.wafb.com/story/35710399/...al&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=buffer
BATON ROUGE, LA (WAFB) -

Southern University is investigating a video that is of a sexual nature allegedly involving a university employee, sources tell WAFB.

The university would not comment on the contents of the video and released only a brief statement on the matter.

Southern University issued the following statement late Tuesday:

Southern University has received reports regarding a private video posted and shared online allegedly involving a university employee and/or student. Because of implications that a cyber-crime may have occurred, we take matters like this very seriously. It is our aim to provide a positive environment that is conducive to learning for our students and one that is supportive of faculty and staff in carrying out the University’s mission. To that end, we advise and caution our students and employees on the importance of data security as well as the ramifications of their conduct on social media. We will continue to take every measure to ensure that our students and staff understand that we want to ensure their safety and well being both on campus and online.

I'm not surprised. This has been going on at SU and most HBCUs for years. It wasn't long ago I found out that one of my high school classmates was the daughter of one of my frat brothers and a retired faculty member at GSU. He had to be at least 20 years older than her mother. HBCUs need to implement some ethical rules involving student/faulty relationships along with supervisors/employee relationships. When I was at SU, the then Vice-Chancellor of Student Affairs who later became the Chancellor of the Baton Rouge Campus was having an affair with a female student. He later divorced his wife and married the student he had an affair with. Half of the problems at HBCUs involves some type of sexual relationship with some individual in a high position. And what is really sad, some of these relationships start at the high school level.

Last edited:

I'm not surprised. This has been going on at SU and most HBCUs for years. It wasn't long ago I found out that one of my high school classmates was the daughter of one of my frat brothers and a retired faculty member at GSU. He had to be at least 20 years older than her mother. HBCUs need to implement some ethical rules involving student/faulty relationships along with supervisors/employee relationships. When I was at SU, the then Vice-Chancellor of Student Affairs who later became the Chancellor of the Baton Rouge Campus was having an affair with a female student. He later divorced his wife and married the student he had an affair with. Half of the problems at HBCUs involves some type of sexual relationship with some individual in a high position. And what is really sad, some of these relationships start at the high school level.

Brings a whole new meaning to the term "Student Affairs".

They do it more at PWCs. They just pay mofos off and they move on. Look at Bobby Petrino. Major Applewehite had a trist at UT. That's why he can't go back as an assistant. LOL.

They do it more at PWCs. They just pay mofos off and they move on. Look at Bobby Petrino. Major Applewehite had a trist at UT. That's why he can't go back as an assistant. LOL.

Sure they have the same problems at PWC's, but they have the money to get rid of the problem before it becomes a major problem for the university. For example, I'm sure the grade change scandal at SU started out as a sexual favor with one or two females, which eventually got out of hand. And as the old saying goes, "once you do it for one, you might as well do it for all", because young college females will definitely tell their other female friends what they need to do in order to get a grade changed. Ironically, most of the individuals who had their grades changed were females from St Landry Parish. I'm sure those Creole girls from St. Landry Parish had developed some type of system of providing nookie for a grade change. HBCUs definitely need to develop some ethic standards before one of these scandals get way too out of hand.

Brings a whole new meaning to the term "Student Affairs".

Yes it does. I believe the Vice-Chancellor of Student Affairs is in-charge of approving tuition deferments for students. I'm sure immediately after visiting the Vice Chancellor of Student Affairs, a few females tuition were paid in full with no deferments required.

For example, I'm sure the grade change scandal at SU started out as a sexual favor with one or two females, which eventually got out of hand.
Nah that wasn't quite the case with that scandal. The woman who worked in the registrar's office and was changing the grades was doing it for cash. And no dude on campus was trying to smash that from what I could tell LOL

Last edited:
Nah that wasn't quite the case with that scandal. The woman who worked in the registrar's office and was changing the grades was doing it for cash. And no dude on campus was trying to smash that from what I could tell LOL

Either way the mess had gotten way out of hand.

If both parties are over 18 it's legal to have sex in America.

True, but when sex is involved, most off the time unqualified people are placed in key positions, which in most cases becomes a major problem after they screw up something. And innovation in those positions are rarely thought of when unqualified people are in-charge. Basically, the university is paying someone a high salary to screw their boss or a faculty member a high salary to screw students. Institutional control was an issue once it was discovered that grades were being changed at SU. Luckily, a College at SU discovered the grade scandal instead of some outside entity. Supposedly, some dumb female who obtained a pseudo-Bachelor's degree decided she would continue her pseudo-education at the same College where she supposedly just recently received her pseudo-Bachelor's degree by enrolling in the Master's Program. The individuals working at the College never seen her before and started asking questions; who in the hell is this child and how did she receive a diploma and a complete transcript without stepping one foot in a classroom??? Although it is legal per the legal age requirements, it can be deemed unethical that could cause major problems for an university down the road. Even the military considers fraternization between commissioned officers and enlisted individuals as being unethical.and individuals can be court martial under Article 134 of UCMJ. I'm sure the military sees this as a problem when mofos try to use rank and position to curry favors from others.

Fraternization is a violation of the Uniform Code of Military Justice (UCMJ). It falls under a subparagraph of Article 134, and is defined by the Manual For Courts-martial (MCM). The MCM defines the "elements of proof" for the offense of fraternization as follows:

1. That the accused was a commissioned or warrant officer;
  2. That the accused fraternized on terms of military equality with one or more certain enlisted member(s) in a certain manner;
  3. That the accused then knew the person(s) to be (an) enlisted member(s);
  4. That such fraternization violated the custom of the accused's service that officers shall not fraternize with enlisted members on terms of military equality; and
  5. That, under the circumstances, the conduct of the accused was to the prejudice of good order and discipline in the armed forces or was of a nature to bring discredit upon the armed forces.
https://definitions.uslegal.com/f/fraternization/
]

Last edited:
True, but when sex is involved, most off the time unqualified people are placed in key positions, which in most cases becomes a major problem after they screw up something. And innovation in those positions are rarely thought of when unqualified people are in-charge. Basically, the university is paying someone a high salary to screw their boss or a faculty member a high salary to screw students. Institutional control was an issue once it was discovered that grades were being changed at SU. Luckily, a College at SU discovered the grade scandal instead of some outside entity. Supposedly, some dumb female who obtained a pseudo-Bachelor's degree decided she would continue her pseudo-education at the same College where she supposedly just recently received her pseudo-Bachelor's degree by enrolling in the Master's Program. The individuals working at the College never seen her before and started asking questions; who in the hell is this child and how did she receive a diploma and a complete transcript without stepping one foot in a classroom??? Although it is legal per the legal age requirements, it can be deemed unethical that could cause major problems for an university down the road. Even the military considers fraternization between commission officers and enlisted individuals as being unethical.and individuals can be court martial under Article 134 of UMCJ. I'm sure the military sees this as a problem when mofos try to use rank and position to curry favors from others.
I think there is some sort of rule against it in the employee code of conduct.

It would be nice if it was just that simple that two mofos are just straight screwing, but in most cases they aren't. A lot of women wouldn't give some of those fools the time of day if they weren't in high positions.

Last edited:
I think there is some sort of rule against it in the employee code of conduct.

SU definitely needs to investigate the sex scandal along with investigating the leaked private tape. It couldn't have been too private if those two fools decided to record themselves screwing. This is similar to the young lady who leaked Trump's involvements with the Russians. Although she's behind bars for leaking classified information, it still doesn't stop the Senate, the Congress, and Special Counsel Robert Mueller from investigating Donald Trump's involvements with the Russians. IMO, the university is taking a lopsided approach with this. This would be a great opportunity to clean house.

Last edited:
I knew Sonja Norwood wasn't going to remain quiet.

f0e3039580e7ce8c9ee614d55d565ffe.jpg

From what I'm hearing, the wife leaked the video, which was on his cell phone. This dude is toast if his wife is the one involved.

Jag89 they implement it in October 2015
http://www.sus.edu/Images/Interior/human resources/sus_102 discrimination_harassment policy.pdf

I'm sure they did, but I have yet to hear SU say they are investigating these two for violating a school policy. Per the Baton Rouge media, they are only investigating the leaked 'private' video. Nothing says they can't investigate both.

Southern University investigating leaked 'private' video
http://www.wafb.com/story/35710399/...l&utm_source=facebook.com&utm_campaign=buffer

Also, the Chancellor's relationship with some college female student now his wife was half of the story. Supposedly, he raped some underage high school female at one time. She was supposedly his kids babysitter when him and his first wife would attend after hours events. I'm sure this would piss off any man whose daughter is done like this.

Last edited:
Supervisory Relationships

No individual who is in a position of authority over another, either in the employment or educational context, has the authority to discriminate against or harass others by virtue of his or her role. The University does not in any way, expressly or suggests; condone discrimination or harassment by a person in a position of authority or a supervisor. Furthermore, a supervisor who does not appropriately handle reports or incidents of discrimination and/or harassment, or who does not report incidents about which he/she becomes aware to the Human Resources Director/Officer or his/her designee may be subject to disciplinary action.

Consensual Relationships

In Regard to Sexual Harassment Southern University very strongly discourages consensual relationships of an intimate or sexual nature between faculty or staff members and students because, among other reasons, they pose great potential for sexual harassment problems. This is particularly so with regard to students who are currently enrolled in a class taught by a faculty member or who are currently employed by a faculty or staff member in any capacity. Because the question of consent is complicated by the difference in power that exists between faculty/staff and students in such circumstances, and, the difference in power can give rise to the appearance of impropriety, faculty and staff are cautioned against entering into such relationships with students.

http://www.sus.edu/Images/Interior/human resources/sus_102 discrimination_harassment policy.pdf

If my memory serves me correct less than a month ago no more than 2 months ago this was brought to the attention of the administrators that a administrator in student affairs was messing around.. maybe the university wasn't moving quick enough and the tape got leaked

Why are you folks surprised this happened at southern? From the sound of some of these comments, it's normal behavior down there. Perhaps this is why their infrastructure is crumbling.

This has been going on for years at all colleges. There are a number of women who are married to students. This is especially true during the WWII, Korea, and Vietnam Era where the men were older and came back to college after wars.

I have long believed that there should be a definitive rule on this though. My belief is if you are employees in any capacity at the university should be restricted from having sexual or intimate relationships with students. I know a former VP (female) who is and was screwing girls. Some of them felt pressured because of her position. Also, I know a former male VP who is down low and gay lover who was student destroyed his office because the VP had promised to leave his wife for him. Look closely at some of these single male administrators kids....then look who their mother's are...that tells a hell of a story.

If both parties are over 18 it's legal to have sex in America.
I agree but you got this thing called ethics that might get him into trouble. In Louisiana two state employees can't work in the same department nor the same building if they are romantically involved

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back