Jackson State Football

I yawned when I heard matt was leaving. I hate the timing, but he is more of a social media coach than an x's and o's guy. He may fit in at Txso. I was upset about collins leaving tho. Our secondary improved tremendously under him and we had easy access to a top Juco. Now we will just hire someone else and keep it moving.

Blah lol

Apparently y'all didn't see how trash our o-line was last year lmao

Collins was an asset though so congrats to him on the promotion. I'm sure Hughes will fill both positions, not worried abt the secondary since he handled those duties at State

All the money and publicity JSU football get in Jackson ... there's no reason why they shouldn't be #1 in the SWAC. Shame. I don't think Tony is good fit at JSU nor do I feel like they're doing enough to attract top talent. What renovations have they done to any athletic facilities recently? None.

Texas Southern will gladly show them how it's done. Like I said, we've made lots of improvements to our athletic facilities lately and ready to dominate football.

With our less than stellar facilities some folks seem to think we brought in the best recruiting class in the Swac. #Staytuned

All the money and publicity JSU football get in Jackson ... there's no reason why they shouldn't be #1 in the SWAC. Shame. I don't think Tony is good fit at JSU nor do I feel like they're doing enough to attract top talent. What renovations have they done to any athletic facilities recently? None.

Texas Southern will gladly show them how it's done. Like I said, we've made lots of improvements to our athletic facilities lately and ready to dominate football.
Maybe. But when all is said and done, I think you guys have paid more than market value for this particular position coach. But go ahead and show us. We're watching.

:snicker:

Yeah that 4-7 sucked last season. That record could have been easily reversed considering 3 L's came by less that 4 points.
Now that the sanctions are over, I have much higher expectations going forward.
I believe the improvement will come from significantly improved QB play from TSU this year. Loosing the QB vs pv may have been a blessing in disguise.
I feel like Big Worm going to be getting the side eye after this year. My only real concern is the G men. Everyone else in the SWAC I believe TSU has a fighting chance. The G-Men took is to TSU. Could have been last game blues but that one was ugly.

Hey man....if yall QB would not have gotten hurt last year...the SWAC West may have been between GSU and sTu....

Didnt he leave JSU to go coach at a D-2 or D-3?
Things must be bad when someone leaves a D-1 to go to a D-3 lol

Coming from a school who's coach left them for a high school. Not to mention, y'all are the only D1 program owned by everybody in the SWAC and several D2s. Po Bama Skank. Everybody just running through y'all.

Man Odums has gone 29-7 in the SWAC since we hired him as head coach. No.
l didn't say he was going to get fired. I just said he is going to be getting the side eye. Hey I could be wrong, it happens occasionally. But we will see at the end of next season. Any way this is a thread about some position coach leaving jsu for TSU...so let's touch bases on this Big Worm topic later.

From what I understand jsu's OL gave up the fewest sacks in the swac last year (season). The running game wasn't all that but they protected their immobile QB. If this guy orchestrated that I'll take him considering how TSU's OL looked confused vs a blitz last year. If TSU can keep from getting or QB's KO'ed. TSU going to kick some back side.

From what I understand jsu's OL gave up the fewest sacks in the swac last year (season). The running game wasn't all that but they protected their immobile QB. If this guy orchestrated that I'll take him considering how TSU's OL looked confused vs a blitz last year. If TSU can keep from getting or QB's KO'ed. TSU going to kick some back side.

They were 4th behind SU, Alcorn and PV.

Naw we didn't give up the least sacks last year I'm sure Alcorn, PV, and SU whom all had good OLs probably had better numbers. Jarin M only started like 5 games (Alcorn probably got about 4 sacks on him in that last game alone). Hell our offensive line is the reason dude gave up on football (suffered too many concussions). But best of luck.

I agree

Naw we didn't give up the least sacks last year I'm sure Alcorn, PV, and SU whom all had good OLs probably had better numbers. Jarin M only started like 5 games (Alcorn probably got about 4 sacks on him in that last game alone). Hell our offensive line is the reason dude gave up on football (suffered too many concussions). But best of luck.

I read somewhere JSU only had 20 sacks over the season. Hell TSU probably had 6 or more per game..smdh

l didn't say he was going to get fired. I just said he is going to be getting the side eye. Hey I could be wrong, it happens occasionally. But we will see at the end of next season. Any way this is a thread about some position coach leaving jsu for TSU...so let's touch bases on this Big Worm topic later.

He just got an extension in January. LOL. He aint going no where.

I dont know why Hughes let the QBs be live during spring practice. He already lost the 3-star QB to juco

He may have been gone, but you didn't fire him. It's a little late in the game to lose your
o-line and DC coach. Y'all can't be too happy with the current situation. I hope he is as good as we think he is. He has to be better than what we had. In Haywood I trust.

Correct. We were going to keep him but, to me, he sucked. Most people wanted to give him more time but to me... a coach that sucks is a coach that sucks. He was the most expendable on the staff.. PLUS he will be run game coordinator at TxSo. Germany won't allow that at JSU. Go where you can run shat!

In THEE end.... only one football program and university will stand alone at the top!

Black is coming back? Oh yeah!!!!!!!! Y'all in trouble then.

LOL.. that's what I was thinking! Why we let him go in the first place is a mystery! The only good o-line coach we have had since ummmm ummm ummmm, ever...

If TxSO wanted to pull a coup, that's who the should have went after...

I dont know why Hughes let the QBs be live during spring practice. He already lost the 3-star QB to juco

He had no Clear starter and it turned out to be a blessing in disguise. No need in wasting snaps on JM if your heart/health isn't fully into it.

He had no Clear starter and it turned out to be a blessing in disguise. No need in wasting snaps on JM if your heart/health isn't fully into it.

JM was going to be 3rd string.... or 4th if Adams stayed... "cause Adams would have been 3rd.... LOL

Back