Jackson State Football

http://www.clarionledger.com/story/...-football-assistants-leave-program/372593001/

Jackson State coach Tony Hughes talked this spring about how important continuity on his coaching staff had been. His returning players knew what was expected of them, and recruiting went about as smooth as it could have gone.

But he’ll enter the 2017 football season with at least two new position coaches after the announcement Monday that defensive backs coach Cliff Collins and offensive line coach Matt Jones have both left the program.

Collins opted to return to East Mississippi Community College to serve as defensive coordinator for head coach Buddy Stevens, and Jones has taken a job as offensive line coach and running game coordinator at Texas Southern University

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
All the money and publicity JSU football get in Jackson ... there's no reason why they shouldn't be #1 in the SWAC. Shame. I don't think Tony is good fit at JSU nor do I feel like they're doing enough to attract top talent. What renovations have they done to any athletic facilities recently? None.

Texas Southern will gladly show them how it's done. Like I said, we've made lots of improvements to our athletic facilities lately and ready to dominate football.

All the money and publicity JSU football get in Jackson ... there's no reason why they shouldn't be #1 in the SWAC. Shame. I don't think Tony is good fit at JSU nor do I feel like they're doing enough to attract top talent. What renovations have they done to any athletic facilities recently? None.

Texas Southern will gladly show them how it's done. Like I said, we've made lots of improvements to our athletic facilities lately and ready to dominate football.

LMAO.

I'm speaking on your counterparts that seem to be making a big deal just because y'all got our oline coach. All that other stuff at txsu leaves me not to worry :D
Twitter has a markedly different view than your's concerning losing your O-Line coach.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Another lackluster year of O-line production & he was gone anyways. He hightailed it before he got the axe. Smart guy. Gotta stay ahead of the game (and employed). He'll be at Txsu for 2-3yrs then end up at Virginia Lynchburg.

He may have been gone, but you didn't fire him. It's a little late in the game to lose your
o-line and DC coach. Y'all can't be too happy with the current situation. I hope he is as good as we think he is. He has to be better than what we had. In Haywood I trust.

4-7 sTu and 3-8 jsu 4th place finishers in their respective division verbally flexing over position coaches. The shame of it all...smh & lol

4-7 sTu and 3-8 jsu 4th place finishers in their respective division verbally flexing over position coaches. The shame of it all...smh & lol
Dude, you didn't see one JSU person upset over losing a position coach or two. That's Texas Southern folks all up in arms about a couple of unsuccessful position coaches.

He may have been gone, but you didn't fire him. It's a little late in the game to lose your
o-line and DC coach. Y'all can't be too happy with the current situation. I hope he is as good as we think he is. He has to be better than what we had. In Haywood I trust.

DB Coach*

John Hendrick is our DC and he's still at JSU.

It is what it is tho. Ain't no sense in crying about it lol. We'll be fine.

Yeah that 4-7 sucked last season. That record could have been easily reversed considering 3 L's came by less that 4 points.
Now that the sanctions are over, I have much higher expectations going forward.
I believe the improvement will come from significantly improved QB play from TSU this year. Loosing the QB vs pv may have been a blessing in disguise.
I feel like Big Worm going to be getting the side eye after this year. My only real concern is the G men. Everyone else in the SWAC I believe TSU has a fighting chance. The G-Men took is to TSU. Could have been last game blues but that one was ugly.

Back