Xavier Mitchell LB 6-2 225 New Orleans, La. John Curtis HS
Ronald Rocket, III SS 6-3 175 Pine Bluff, Ark. Pine Bluff HS
Derek Sanders OL 6-7 350 Waldorf, Md. Arkansas Baptist
Antondre Smith OL 6-3 300 Desoto, Texas Desoto HS
Robert Simms, III WR 6-6 210 Atlanta, Ga. Norcross HS
Shawn Steele DB 5-11 178 Arlington, Texas Arlington HS
Trenton Sudduth* WR 6-5 190 Matteson, Ill. Rich South HS
Kolby Watts LB 5-11 195 Desoto, Texas Desoto HS

http://www.uapblionsroar.com/news/2017/2/1/uapb-football-signees-update-12-02-pm.aspx

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
GRAMBLING, La. ( Football) -- The Grambling State University football program announced their 2017 Signing Day class on Wednesday as National Signing Day kicked off around the country. The G-Men were looking to reload their already stacked rosters with several blue chippers as the team begins their hunt for another HBCU National Football Championship.

The Grambling commit and signee list highlights 19 student athletes from seven different states. Louisiana tops the list of most recruits signed with eight coming from Grambling's backyard.

Positions Signed:

Offensive Line - 5
Wide Receivers - 2
Tight Ends - 1
Quarterbacks - 1
Defensive Line - 5
Defensive Backs - 2
Kickers/Punters - 2
Long Snapper - 1

State Represented:
Louisiana - 8 Players
Texas - 4 Players
Georgia - 2 Players
Alabama - 2 Players
Tennessee - 1 Player
California - 1 Player
Florida - 1 Player

DETAILED LIST... http://www.gsutigers.com/news/2017/2/1/grambling-football-announces-2017-signing-class.aspx

Donovan Runnels OL 6-4 280 Cedar Hill, TX Cedar Hill HS,
Tyler Casby DL 6-2 235 New Orleans, LA Edna Karr HS
Joshua Littles RB 5-10 170 Picayune, MS Picayune HS
Trevarious Clark TE 6-3 235 Gloster, MS Amite County HS
Kendrick Paul S 6-1 185 New Roads, LA Livonia HS
Jaiqavius Bell DL 6-1 231 Meridian, MS Meridian HS,
Alexander Shaw CB 5-11 183 Vicksburg, MS Warren Central HS
Jeffery Toney QB 6-6 223 Crestview, FL Niceville HS
James Clemons WR 6-2 190 Mobile, AL Davidson HS
Quitten Brown RB 5-8 195 Monticello, MS Lawrence Co. HS
Keonte Hampton LB 6-2 210 West Point, MS West Point HS,
Keyshawn Harper RB 5-11 180 Mobile, AL BC Rain HS
Demarcus Archer CB 6-2 180 Grenada, MS: Grenada HS
Wesley Grier WR 5-8 145 Smithville, MS Smithville HS
Markel Gladney CB 5-10 170 Jackson, MS Callaway HS
Valanez Hopson OL 6-5 260 Jackson MS Callaway HS
Amari Catchings OL 6-3 250 Jackson, MS Murrah HS
Zacch Smith WR 6-3 175 Monroe, LA Wossman HS
Tavis Williams QB 6-1 176 Gulfport,MS Harrison Central HS
Kyland Richey TE 6-3 220 Cedar Hill, TX Cedar Hill HS
DeAndre Williams RB 6-2 200 Wetumpka, AL Wetumpka HS
Mark Smith DE 6-1 230 Madison, MS Germantown HS
Kevin Berthey S 6-2 175 New Orleans, LA McDonogh 35 HS
Brian Mitchell DL 6-4 220 Mobile, AL Daphne HS
Elvia Payton DB 6-1 190 New Orleans, LA Landry-Walker HS
Jarius “DJ” Clayton WR 5-9 170 Porterville, MS Kemper County HS
Laquantis Hennington TE 6-6 240 Dallas, TX Bishop Dunne HS
Robert Washington TE 6-5 220 Jackson, MS Wingfield HS

more coming in this spring and summer!

http://www.clarionledger.com/story/...ackson-states-2017-recruiting-class/97373858/

http://gojsutigers.com/football-new...to-letters-of-intent-on-national-signing-day/

Jackson State put together a very impressive class this year. DJ Clayton, Kylan Richie, Kendrick Paul, Kevin Berthey and Brandon Frazier are very good grabs for the Tigers. Look out.

Yeah. Props to JSU. Clayton is good. Richie Rich is a good get. If Brandon Frazier would have stayed at John Curtis instead of transferring to John Ehret, he would be getting ready suit up in the FBS. That kid can play. JSU has just landed a very good pass rusher. TP, put him in my " I tried to tell y'all " list of SWAC signee predictions.

Not to be an ass here... but what kind of hashtag is #DontBeLast ... that's a nightmare of a hashtag if you ask me.

"We might be losing, but we're not losing them all! Just remember: #DontBeLast"
I honestly thought the same thing. Maybe it means something else.

Not to be an ass here... but what kind of hashtag is #DontBeLast ... that's a nightmare of a hashtag if you ask me.

I said "What The Hell" but the rest of AAMU notices were classy. I saw their coaches a couple of times in Bham this last month and even reminisced with Totten. They diversified more this year and field up on previous college players.

The as that #TSUnami hashtag sTu put out a few days ago... lol

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
It's being reported that Cedar Hill HS had 28 LOIs signed and Desoto HS had 26. IH20 metroplex: physically talented and gifted as the power shifted from SOC/Kimb/Cart HSs. Every so often Lancaster HS even makes noise towards a playoff push and has double-digit LOIs recently.

Cedar Hill, which went 11-3 and lost to eventual state champion DeSoto in the Class 6A Division II Region I final, had 28 players sign. That tied DeSoto for the largest football signing class in the area.

Even backups are getting scholarships lol. Football from top to bottom in the metroplex > all football in the state of tx.

Last edited:
C3w5HiMUkAAIYDM.jpg

Yeah. Props to JSU. Clayton is good. Richie Rich is a good get. If Brandon Frazier would have stayed at John Curtis instead of transferring to John Ehret, he would be getting ready suit up in the FBS. That kid can play. JSU has just landed a very good pass rusher. TP, put him in my " I tried to tell y'all " list of SWAC signee predictions.

You answered my question. I was wondering why he didn't go to a FBS. I didn't know he went to powerhouse John Curtis. Impressive signee for the SWAC and JSU. That staff really isn't joking around. To be honest, I was impressed last year with who they brought in.

where is Valley? I can't find them on the SWAC website, I know their coach is good at getting recruits

You answered my question. I was wondering why he didn't go to a FBS. I didn't know he went to powerhouse John Curtis. Impressive signee for the SWAC and JSU. That staff really isn't joking around. To be honest, I was impressed last year with who they brought in.

With a year on the recruiting trail I knew this year's class would be somewhat special based upon what we brought in last year with only a month. The staff has addressed needs when it comes to speed and playmakers so it should be a much improved year for the Tigers. I'm also impressed with GSU, PV, and Txsu classes

Back