Tony Hughes sets new recruiting standard at JSU

JSU tends to be very impatient when coaches are trying to establish their version of the Program. Tony loves football and is a great Coach. Treat him well and you will have a dynasty. Treat him like shit and JSU may never recover. But JSU will have to give Tony time. Tony can rebuild JSU the right way.
Can't agree with you on that. Who was the coach who actually was trying to build a program and not just a TEAM??? No one. Damn sure wasn't HJ and Comegy built more of a team rather than a program. So we hadn't seen that coach to say we are impatient when a coach is taking some time to build its program because Comegy built a team and HJ and his staff didn't have a clue especially Chang.

Say JR, you do know where those kids on that bus came from, right?

Looks like he got a bunch of SIP kids that visited. LOL. You still on this Chad Germany thing. Name one BR player he recruited to SU that makes a difference. We aint never been BR heavy except when Pete got there and inherited Eric Randall, Heish Northern, and the other Glen Oaks folks that Casem recruited. We have won many times without BR kids being the focal point. Nothing new at SU.

That's how us KneeGrows roll. Have you not paid attention to how bad we get slammed saying anything positive about PV. Even now that we have demolished our 150 year old stadium and trying to build something decent for our/your teams to play in, people on this board have had mostly negative things to say about it. Even as our team improves which does nothing but improve the conference as a while as our opponents and ourselves get stronger, all we hear is how we will implode at any point and become a cellar dweller, of course I want our team to win but at the same time I don't want to be in a conference with a bunch of cellar dwellers, what does that do for anybody.

crab-mentality-in-the-Philippines.jpg

Sometimes people are not downing you tho. For instance, JSU publishes this article and some other schools will say ummmm, we been doing that for 20 years. Some people have just been there and done that... and know where you are going.

Looks like he got a bunch of SIP kids that visited. LOL. You still on this Chad Germany thing. Name one BR player he recruited to SU that makes a difference. We aint never been BR heavy except when Pete got there and inherited Eric Randall, Heish Northern, and the other Glen Oaks folks that Casem recruited. We have won many times without BR kids being the focal point. Nothing new at SU.
Dnt brag about not being able to reconize talent .

Tony can bring in the recruits but may have a more difficult time than Hopson.

The Elephant in the Room no one wants to talk about when it comes to Mississippi recruiting is that USM was mostly down when Hopson first got to Alcorn. Now USM has rebuilt itself.

Tony will need time to rebuild JSU.

WTF?

It will not take Hughes long to have JSU in the mix. Are you feeling anxious there BH3. Maybe since Hughes worked for them white folks he aint scared of Hopson. LOL.

Seriously, if Hughes staff can coach as good as they can recruit. They will be an IMMEDIATE thorn in East opponents side.

JSU tends to be very impatient when coaches are trying to establish their version of the Program. Tony loves football and is a great Coach. Treat him well and you will have a dynasty. Treat him like shit and JSU may never recover. But JSU will have to give Tony time. Tony can rebuild JSU the right way.

Tony azz better win. We ain't got time for him to pussyfoot around. We can push him out the door too.

WTF?

It will not take Hughes long to have JSU in the mix. Are you feeling anxious there BH3. Maybe since Hughes worked for them white folks he aint scared of Hopson. LOL.

Seriously, if Hughes staff can coach as good as they can recruit. They will be an IMMEDIATE thorn in East opponents side.

JR, I'm pretty confident we gonna whoop Alcorn's azz. We are 2-2 against them the last 4 years. ..and the last two years really show no separation between the two programs. If we had Ivy last year, we would have ran them out of the Jackson.

WTF?

My sentiments EXACTLY lol. Rebuild my arse this is the Swac and we are not that far gone.

Dnt brag about not being able to reconize talent .

What talent Oliver? Beans is trying to be coy. The only BR kid that got away that made an impact in the SWAC is Hebert at PV. Stump was not interested in him. He was the only kid that was a big miss. And he still never played for a SWAC title. Yet the guy we have at RB who by the way is from Baton Rouge has become the all time leading rusher in SU history breaking Steve Wofford record and still has next season to go. He also has two West titles and one SWAC title as a starting RB. Why all this concern about SU missing some talent in BR is beyond me. We have never been hung up on BR kids. JSU has gotten BR kids before. Leon Seals was from right there in Scotlandville. Darrel Asberry was from BR. Nothing new. LOL.

Maybe the BR kids are players Germany liked but Worm didn't. A few of them are SU targets/offers, but we are getting in there late. We will see what happens on signing day.

If we would've hired dooley or Broadway (hbcu retreads ), the CL would still be posting a lot of articles. The difference is, they'd be all negative. Hugh rides Tony's nut sack... all because he comes from a P5 school smh. It is hard to listen to hugh and morales podcast because they act like everything Hughes does is foreign to us lmao

If we would've hired dooley or Broadway (hbcu retreads ), the CL would still be posting a lot of articles. The difference is, they'd be all negative. Hugh rides Tony's nut sack... all because he comes from a P5 school smh. It is hard to listen to hugh and morales podcast because they act like everything Hughes does is foreign to us lmao
It might be new to them. You've gotta remember that these guys came in at or around 2014, so all they know is the current staff. Especially Morales. Let's be honest. OMJ didn't do jack squat but run his peppermint-filled mouth. So if Morales is using that as his contrast, Hughes is, in actuality, doing some revolutionary stuff.

Kellenberger pisses everyone off....State, Ole Miss, you name it. Everyone has had a bone or two to pick with him. LOL

Maybe the BR kids are players Germany liked but Worm didn't. A few of them are SU targets/offers, but we are getting in there late. We will see what happens on signing day.

I am sure Chad will bring some BR kids to JSU. My only point is SU has never really had BR kids become stars and we have not really been down because of them wanting to get out of town. Actually during the bad Pete years we had more BR kids than we normally do. Might have been a bad thing. I am all for the kid going where he thinks he fits in. I can relate to wanting to leave the hometown for another school. LOL.
One thing about Worm, he can recruit. So if he aint interested it is usually a good reason why. Pete just never wanted to deal with headaches of the local kids and their overbearing parents. He would not even offer them. James Vernon practically had to slap Pete in the face with his wanting to get recruited in an interview I believe. LOL. At least Worm and the staff are offering the BR kids they think will help the program. So if those kids who we offer decide to follow Chad to JSU. I wish them well. We normally worry about those River Parrish kids and New Orleans area kids. Those historically have been our best players. I am like Get Ready on this. I could give a damn on having local kids as long as we are winning with the kids we got.

I'm speaking of having a winning season and going to the SCG within two seasons. It takes time for a coach to build his football program.

Tony came in saying that he's not a miracle worker. Unlike Harold, he didn't promise us a ship right off the bat. We could possibly win this year and the scg in 2017...that's realistic.

Back