TSPN's affect on the SWAC in generall?

I believe the SWAC PAGE has been an asset to the conference. I can remember when very few newspapers covered the conference.
It has been definitely a means to keep us informed regarding our respective alma maters and the conference as a whole.
Some of the comments have been just that comments while others have had merit.
It has been evident that the higher level administrators have tended to be unreceptative to the various comments, but then again many of them have always ignored our letters and opinions.
I will always support the service being provided by the SWAC PAGE.

Before my time. :lol: Brief elaboration please

Swacpage legend has it that Pete Richardson printed out a thread started by a FAMU poster back in 98 or 99 and waved it at the press conference while declaring that "somebody gonna get embarrassed".... Billy Joe commenced to laying down an epic azzwhipping the next day.

Swacpage legend has it that Pete Richardson printed out a thread started by a FAMU poster back in 98 or 99 and waved it at the press conference while declaring that "somebody gonna get embarrassed".... Billy Joe commenced to laying down an epic azzwhipping the next day.
That was funny as L!!! I think Cholly from FAMU started it (there used to be a lot of FAMU posters on here)

:lmao::lmao::lmao:

Prince-Stops-Playing-The-Piano-In-Black-White-Gif.gif

Stop playin!

TSPN is where I get my information on the conference institutions. It has been informative and entertaining. Thanks Kenn for providing this valuable outlet.

Absolutely,

I've been around since 1998 and I've logged on every single day since! Thanks Kenn for the page. :clap:

I concur absolutely. I visit this forum frequently as a source of information on anything hbcu or sports in general. It is a wonderful outlet and has served us well since its inception. Thanks, Kenn.

I've told Kenn this away from the board, but without this site I honestly don't know where I could have applied my sports writing trade. For that, I'm appreciative. Also, I learned a great deal about the conference and individual schools from the members of the board over the years, which I'm thankful as well.

With that said, I have to go write something about the SWAC tournament.

This page is read by a lot of people. I have seen my white co-workers on this page laughing at the old smack board. Don't be fooled people those viewers you see at the bottom not logged in know we are here.

I know for a fact Doug Williams reads this page...:lol: I was in a restaurant this is how the convo went:

Man: Man "Kern onsha Cobb" shole is good.
Doug: Kenn Rashad???
DJ; Naw dad he said corn on the cobb
Doug: Oh...well this kool aid shole is good today

:lmao:

I bullshit you not!!!

Lol it was one of the most disrespectful beat downs I've ever seen...I mean all the talk was about Pete Richardson's comments...SU fans rolled deep, SU band cranked "Hate me Now" and set up one of the most epic atmospheres ever witnessed at Bragg Stadium...on the opening kickoff SU's kick returner got laid out and fumbled setting up an early TD...the score was 35-0 after the 1st quarter

Long story short, these coaches are reading this site...but they will never let you know

Lol it was one of the most disrespectful beat downs I've ever seen...I mean all the talk was about Pete Richardson's comments...SU fans rolled deep, SU band cranked "Hate me Now" and set up one of the most epic atmospheres ever witnessed at Bragg Stadium...on the opening kickoff SU's kick returner got laid out and fumbled setting up an early TD...the score was 35-0 after the 1st quarter

Long story short, these coaches are reading this site...but they will never let you know

Yeah I was there for that game. FAMU scored first, then our returner got blasted on the ensuing kickoff for a scoop and score ... By halfway through the third quarter, I knew FAMU's fight song by heart...LOL...

I started coming on here in undergrad around '98 because my adviser in school told me about it. Been coming through here since.

Yes, Dean Pete & S.U. beat old Billy Joe and FAMU twice in 1995 with the last one on National Television and BJ had it in for the Dean since then and the comment by the Dean didn't help any ("Somebody is going to get embarrassed") BJ & FAMU caught S.U. slipping bad that night. I believe I drinked an entire fifth of liquor that night. I remember at half time, I had to go back to the store and get more liquor to calm my nerves. :lol: :emlaugh: BTW, Earl Holmes FAMU current coach was on the worse end of that double beat down because he played his behind off in both of those games....like a man possessed but it wasn't enough.

Anywho, interesting topic and conversation......

Last edited:
This site is where I can get info before the administration or media talks about it. Makes me more interested in my school's athletics and I have to look at it all the time. I feel I donate to PV athletics because of info I get on here. The private forums are classic too. P88 kept me in stitiches until he talked his way into bandom and I wouldn't know about Sarge if it wasn't for this board, he is even off the chain on FB :lol:

Thanks Kenn :clap:

or what about the time a former staff member in the SWAC told me and Robber they don't read message boards, etc..etc..rumors, etc...we created a thread about how well-ran an event he created was and he chimed in almost immediately..lol

Folks in power read but having an overall impact in day-to-day league decisions is an area that has yet to be breached

That shat right there might be the best of all-time.

I remember when Bruce Eugene created a screen name. Man he read the SMACK Board about him being fat...dude hasn't been back since.

I remember when Bruce Eugene created a screen name. Man he read the SMACK Board about him being fat...dude hasn't been back since.

Dang, y'all hurt his feelings...

I'm sure other players created accounts and never posted...heck maybe even some of these sorry azz refs

Last edited:
Back