TSPN's affect on the SWAC in generall?

Yeah, I definitely remember that brawl. It was ashamed that all those dudes attacked those innocent women.
Didn't realize that PV made southern THAT jealous that they'd attack a bunch of beautiful women. Must have been something in the water down there at the time.

I first learned about this site at a local alumni meeting from CCityJag in 1998, joined in 1999. I remember at this 99 National Alumni conference in Dallas we made a sign "SWACPAGE" to meeting others that may be members. I no longer post regularly but have met and still friends with alot of posters I've met on this site, shout out to seeingspots, blue, mightydog, fiyah, get ready,tigerpride,mikebigg, gsupertiger, gsu spirit, plowdog, band fan, d-nice, jagster, ladyjag, lewis, Dr Mac, cleb-28 and many more. Keep up the good work Ken.

It seems like when the band people started coming here, that's when it really got going. I think most of us came to TSPN from the Sonic Boom message board. There was a big thing going on between Alcorn and JSU at the time. It had gotten so bad that Dr. Liddell at JSU called Mr. Griffin and they had a discussion about it. Liddell even sent over some of the stuff that was being said on the message board. The board eventually got shut down but not before someone mentioned The SWACPage. Everyone migrated over here and it got crazy. I think Kenn had to create a Band Board because it seemed like every topic was band related. I've been here every since.

Man I been trying to retire from legacy TSPN for 12+ years now lol. Even went so far as to kick myself off the board way back when. Recently posted to get me kicked off and be dayamed if my TSPNish-crack-cocainish old decrepit azz did NOT return, except I don't talk as much as smack as I used to. In my prime, certain schools know how I unleashed unholy jihad upon them even though we were losing out the ying-yang lol.

I've attended more SU National Alumni deals than PV over the last 20 years lol. I than infiltrated so much until I donated a few shillings here and there amidst all the columbia blue/gold that I've purchased annually. It's just something about 'dem dayamed Jags I just cannot get enough of :D lol. They talk more cash shit than a muthafugga' and I love that. A shit talker loves for shit to be talked back. :D It's better than the 42 seconds of sex I put down. I stay choking my chicken w/ Jergens lotion when I get the Jags riled up. lololololololololol :D

Where's Taryn's naturally red-headed FEEEE-YINE azz @ so we all can swirl onced mo'gain! :D lololol

Yeah, I definitely remember that brawl. It was ashamed that all those dudes attacked those innocent women.
Didn't realize that PV made southern THAT jealous that they'd attack a bunch of beautiful women. Must have been something in the water down there at the time.
She should have ran

Yes, there used to be actual stories along with pictures and scripts with thought provoking comedy. Now, all you get is just like you said, the name calling. :smh:

man it took real creative writing and imagination to smack back then. Which is why I appreciate this site so much, you couldn't personally attack people you had to come back with a witty response to the school not the poster.

It seems like when the band people started coming here, that's when it really got going. I think most of us came to TSPN from the Sonic Boom message board. There was a big thing going on between Alcorn and JSU at the time. It had gotten so bad that Dr. Liddell at JSU called Mr. Griffin and they had a discussion about it. Liddell even sent over some of the stuff that was being said on the message board. The board eventually got shut down but not before someone mentioned The SWACPage. Everyone migrated over here and it got crazy. I think Kenn had to create a Band Board because it seemed like every topic was band related. I've been here every since.

great point

Needless to say, The SWACPage was not kind to Alcorn, imo which is why we don't have a larger presence on here now. This page showed Alcornites the true venom that JSU had towards us. Back in those days JSU band people attacked Alcorn and to some degree SU relentlessly. SU band had the internet presence and savvy tech ability to combat JSU. Alcorn did not. Griff used to read this board so I'm sure other Directors did too. 1999 was the only real fond memory Alcornites had when the GGs won Dance Troupe of the Year.

The rise of the Internet and The SWACPage presence marked the downfall of Alcorn's reputation from the late 90s until about 2012 which ironically is juxtaposed with an Alcorn resurgence and the rise of the fb era. Nevertheless I have fond memories of this site and it was some truly entertaining smack talk. I feel this site should be the training ground for any 'beefer'. It makes you use your creative abilities to express your angst and disgust instead of just name calling.

I honestly don't think anybody has had the history on here as Valley. We are probably the least represented, most ridiculed subject on here over the past 20+ years. Think about discovering this board as an 18 year old MVSU Freshman Trumpet (a dumbass name if there ever was one) in 1999, and going to war with people from JSU, SU, Alcorn, Grambling, UAPB, and even Tennessee St. by yourself. If The SWACPage has learned nothing over the years, they have learned that Valley may be small, but we love our school just as much if not more than others love theirs.

I have been approached by two former GSU assistants. Hell one of them wanted to pay me cash money to post on the page. I told the dude to register. He never did though.

I first learned about the TSPN Sports Page in 2004 and would read the threads & posts, but I never joined. I regret that to this day.

October will be my 10th year as a member. I don’t hold social media in high regard, but this site was the first social media site I joined. I love HBCU Sports Forums. It’s allowed me the honor of meeting some wonderful people (SUJagTiliDie, Devil’s Gun Trigger Man, Quiet Storm, STC_60, Panthro/P88/Bewildered, Jax, Get Ready, and the late great Robber)!

This site allows me the opportunity to share my love and passion regarding my faith, my UAPB, HBCUs, and topics related to the AA/Black communities, and dialogue with some of the most intellectually intelligent and tremendously hilarious people! I look forward to meeting so many more, especially Bulldog.M.ed, LAW DAWG, and Big Thunder (my brothers-in-faith), CEE DOG, Beans (my ❤️), SUJagFan, JagHammer, Luv the Boom 16, and soooo many more!

Thank you Kenn, and as planned, you’ll receive a small contribution during my birth month!😊

Man I been trying to retire from legacy TSPN for 12+ years now lol. Even went so far as to kick myself off the board way back when. Recently posted to get me kicked off and be dayamed if my TSPNish-crack-cocainish old decrepit azz did NOT return, except I don't talk as much as smack as I used to. In my prime, certain schools know how I unleashed unholy jihad upon them even though we were losing out the ying-yang lol.

I've attended more SU National Alumni deals than PV over the last 20 years lol. I than infiltrated so much until I donated a few shillings here and there amidst all the columbia blue/gold that I've purchased annually. It's just something about 'dem dayamed Jags I just cannot get enough of :D lol. They talk more cash shit than a muthafugga' and I love that. A shit talker loves for shit to be talked back. :D It's better than the 42 seconds of sex I put down. I stay choking my chicken w/ Jergens lotion when I get the Jags riled up. lololololololololol :D

Where's Taryn's naturally red-headed FEEEE-YINE azz @ so we all can swirl onced mo'gain! :D lololol

Bruh these youngsters start getting in they feelings with the smack board.

Shidddddddddddddd

I remember when a few folks really wanted to fight when their teams played.

the SWACPage Reunions....my favorite was JACKTown!!!! That's where I secretly filmed Get Ready talking about Bell.

I had just purchased my digital camera and I set it up and walked off. I had my boy Machiavelli get him amped up and that's all she wrote. LMAO!!!!

the SWACPage Reunions....my favorite was JACKTown!!!! That's where I secretly filmed Get Ready talking about Bell.

Sorry, but the best Swacpage Reunion was the very first one we had in Atlanta. Led by @kellis and the rest of the crew in the Atl. I wasn't gonna go at the time but as it got closer the hype kicked in and @the band fan , @Quietstorm and I hit the road from Houston on our journey. The best mark of that reunion was when at the picnic on Saturday, old boy fell back in his chair with his drink in his hand and didn't spill a drop. Had everyone rolling.....

Wish I could find those pictures...

I brought this thread back up on purpose.

I'm thinking that a podcast series would be appropriate to chronicle some of the unbelievable stories that could be told about this website/message board and the impact it has had on the SWAC, HBCU athletics, and beyond.

Do you guys remember the 1998 band brawl between PV and SU in Beaumont, TX (at Lamar University) that made NATIONAL headlines? (CNN, USA Today, Sports Illustrated, etc.) Many blamed me for running a band poll that ended with PV winning the poll (SU finished in 2nd place) and coincidently the poll ended on the very week that SU and PV were scheduled to play against each other.

Long story short, after the dust settled, Tom Joyner had invited Prof. Edwards (PV band director at the time) to discuss the incident. Dr. Edwards indicated on the TJMS that PV's band had won the "SWACPage.com Band of the Year poll" (The website crashed after he said that on the national airwaves later that day). Anyway, while Edwards was doing the interview, the folks in Baton Rouge were listening. And they were getting pissed because they wanted to know why didn't Tom Joyner contact Dr. Greggs to get his side of the story.

I want to say that Joyner said that his staff had reached out to Greggs to invite him on the show, but they had never heard back from him. He made it clear that Greggs was welcome to come on at any time to tell his side of what went down, but folks in BR wasn't having that and took action. Them folks contacted the local station that aired the TJMS and told the station to take it off and that if they didn't they boycott the local station. The local station said, "OK." And because of that, the TJMS could not be heard in the Baton Rouge market. It took years for them to get the TJMS back in Baton Rouge.

And to think, it was all because of some Internet band poll.

"The SWAC Page" history is Black History - LMAO!!!!
Yeah, them petty folks from Scotlandville.

I first learned about this site at a local alumni meeting from CCityJag in 1998, joined in 1999. I remember at this 99 National Alumni conference in Dallas we made a sign "SWACPAGE" to meeting others that may be members. I no longer post regularly but have met and still friends with alot of posters I've met on this site, shout out to seeingspots, blue, mightydog, fiyah, get ready,tigerpride,mikebigg, gsupertiger, gsu spirit, plowdog, band fan, d-nice, jagster, ladyjag, lewis, Dr Mac, cleb-28 and many more. Keep up the good work Ken.
Man, where da hell you been? You left some of your kids here when you exited. You need to take them with you.

You must have had a Kangaroo panel make those appointments since I'm not listed....LOL
Uhhh....err....Oh wait...that's right, @Fiyah is the chief Kangaroo. He is the one who managed those list if memory serves me correctly.

Fiyah, why isn't JROCK in the HOF? You got some explaining to do! :mad:

Get'em JROCK!

Damn nobody brought up Pat O'Brians during the Bayou Classic on Friday night after the Battle of the Bands!!!!

I got caught up one year....LMAO!!!!!!

Back