Martin Lawrence and Wife Getting Divorced

Blacknbengal

Martin Lawrence's latest news is no laughing matter.

The Big Momma's House star and wife Shamicka Lawrence (née Gibbs) are getting divorced after making "the joint decision to part ways," a rep for the duo confirms to E! News.

Maybe marriage wasn't the best choice for the longtime couple...

Lawrence and Shamicka were together for 15 years before tying the knot at their Beverly Hills home in 2010. They have two children together.

300.lawrence.gibbs.cm.71110.jpg

Read more: http://www.eonline.com/news/martin_lawrence_wife_getting_divorced/311359#ixzz1t4Fc4rOO

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
Isn't this his second divorce? I think he was married to Emmett Smith's current wife years ago.

This is his second marriage. Don't know if he was married to Emmitt's wife, but I do remember reading that his first wife was like a Miss Virginia or something.

Marriage isnt for everyone. I personally don't see myself getting married again. I am enjoying being single. and will continue for a bit.

Marriage isnt for everyone. I personally don't see myself getting married again. I am enjoying being single. and will continue for a bit.

I agree. I've never been married, and don't think I want to be. I too am enjoying being single.

Co-sign.
I am not marriage material... at least not right now. I won't say never, because God does have a sense of humor. But I don't foresee marriage no time soon, and I am more than OK with that! :tup:

I'm marriage material...:lol: My new students always are surprised I'm not married. As one kid said, Dr. V, you just "look" like a wife, like you are supposed to be married...

I'm not sure--seeing the prevalent attitudes lately--if I'll ever take the plunge again. Wont say never...just that he will be uber uniquel...

I'm marriage material...:lol: My new students always are surprised I'm not married. As one kid said, Dr. V, you just "look" like a wife, like you are supposed to be married...

I'm not sure--seeing the prevalent attitudes lately--if I'll ever take the plunge again. Wont say never...just that he will be uber uniquel...

In what way?

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
Co-sign.
I am not marriage material... at least not right now. I won't say never, because God does have a sense of humor. But I don't foresee marriage no time soon, and I am more than OK with that! :tup:
Yes you are. LOL!!!!!!!!!!! You're the perfect marriage candidate, but I understand you like your freedom right now.

Just sign this

I SUJagFan lovingly GIVES to Chocalate Topaz at minimum half [preferably ALL] my worldly possession

X_____________________

and we can get that fixed right up. :tup:

Why did you change the contract? You know it originally said:

Whereas, when Chocolate Topaz decides to no longer love, honor and obey, she agrees to peaceably kick rocks without any demands for financial compensation beyond the return of material items she brought into the marriage.

X_____________________________

See, that's so much better. :)

Let's get this show on the road. :happydance:

Why did you change the contract? You know it originally said:

Whereas, when Chocolate Topaz decides to no longer love, honor and obey, she agrees to peaceably kick rocks without any demands for financial compensation beyond the return of material items she brought into the marriage.

X_____________________________

See, that's so much better. :)

Let's get this show on the road. :happydance:

Okay...I need to add Rehab somewhere in MY contract cause CLEARLY you are smoking something...:lol:

Marriage is a once in a lifetime thing for me. I love my wife, but if we separated I would never get married again. Now that I look back at my single days, I loved being free and able to go and do whatever I wanted. Marriage limits some things, but it also has a lot of great qualities.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back