Zildjian Goes Hollywood video trailor

Status
Not open for further replies.

DAHILL

video trailor for an upcoming documentary on Z phi Z and cymbal players at HBCUs...

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/eYPNkMBer6E&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/eYPNkMBer6E&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

video trailor for an upcoming documentary on Z phi Z and cymbal players at HBCUs...

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/eYPNkMBer6E&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/eYPNkMBer6E&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

Really? When is this coming out?

Last edited:

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
done known Hollywood since midde school

and like dude said the guy eat breathe and sleep Z Phi Z...I will be checkin for this documentary:clap:

much support! this should be good...

No dis to this documentary ...but are they seriously trying say this hollywood cat started z phi ?

Don't seem like they really got to the root of it at all if you ask me..

From my understanding this Hollywood cat went to jsu in 96...
Cats were crossing zphiz when I was in elementary...

And a cat say they start kids off in hs....kids in new orleans start off in middle school..

Its a lot of mis representing in that clip....twirling Z's been an art form in New Orleans since the 70's......and I seen kids in high before and during and after my high school days way better than what's on the clip..

Now the hollywood dude may have been the person to get it incorporated but that is far from the real origins and roots of Z phi Z

No dis to this documentary ...but are they seriously trying say this hollywood cat started z phi ?

Bruh, who you telling. I ain't even in the Band and I remember cymbal playin dudes in the early 80's in New Orleans twirling Z's on the corner of Mandeville and N. Galvez in the 8th ward.

But hey, if they say Hollywood started it and it on youtube...... it must be true. :shame:

thats why it was just a trailor... didnt say he founded z phi... he crabbed in 96, no way he could have started it... this is a pic he took with the founder.

25828_385356394423_549879423_3653091_4986026_n.jpg

I will tell you... NOBODY loves the craft of cymbals more than Hollywood.

From my understanding this Hollywood cat went to jsu in 96...
Cats were crossing zphiz when I was in elementary...

And a cat say they start kids off in hs....kids in new orleans start off in middle school..

Its a lot of mis representing in that clip....twirling Z's been an art form in New Orleans since the 70's......and I seen kids in high before and during and after my high school days way better than what's on the clip..

Now the hollywood dude may have been the person to get it incorporated but that is far from the real origins and roots of Z phi Z

I think you are looking at it WAYYYY too deep... when he mentioned starting kids off in high school... he was speaking of Kartel Karriers (a high school version of of Z phi Z that he helped start. Nobody said that Z phi Z started anyone twirling cymbals... he was talking about the organization that helped start for high schoolers. He NEVER stated he founded Z phi Z... he helped get it to other HBCUs outside on the SWAC.

thats why it was just a trailor... didnt say he founded z phi... he crabbed in 96, no way he could have started it... this is a pic he took with the founder.

25828_385356394423_549879423_3653091_4986026_n.jpg

I will tell you... NOBODY loves the craft of cymbals more than Hollywood.

That picture of the "founder" look like this cat that marched at SU in the 80's somewhere around 85 or 86 maybe 87...

If thatis him.....he is from New Orleans...

And not taking away from how deep "hollywood" love twirling and the art....but this cat is from Huntsville..just like you feel "nobody" love it more than him... he don't love it more than a lot of folk down this way......

Here's an SU Funk Factory clip for 1984 and the Juke Box Z phi Z were twirling cymbals back then.

Doublt if Hollywood was even in elementary school in 84....... LMAO

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=04MUl-XNMpo&feature=related

He about my age so he was just in the 1st..lmao

I feel like you....
Dahill saying what he didn't say...well hell he ain't saying enough...

The people speaking on there is giving a misleading impression....

:shame:

Hollywood (Deron Shepard) never claimed founding Z phi Z.

He marched at JSU in 96 and then crabbed Bama st. in 97. A True Marching Hornet. :tup:

Who gives a shyt who started it. Thats not what this is about. The man put in hard work and talent to get ZphiZ its just due props that its getting now. And say what yall want, he is one of the main ingrediants of the ZphiZ that we all know of today. Especially in the South. Love it or hate it, its the truth. Good shyt Hollywood. :clap:

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
That picture of the "founder" look like this cat that marched at SU in the 80's somewhere around 85 or 86 maybe 87...

If thatis him.....he is from New Orleans...

And not taking away from how deep "hollywood" love twirling and the art....but this cat is from Huntsville..just like you feel "nobody" love it more than him... he don't love it more than a lot of folk down this way......

Jared let me put it to you like this.... ask ANYBODY u know who every touched cymbals who Hollywood is and they will tell you exactly who he is. No lie his fascination with the cymbal shit is almost funny (if you ask me).... he drives to a different HBCU every weekend to cross a section.... He puts together picnics and barbeques together all the time where you may have 50 cymbal players from different schools there twirling cymbals against each other. If you look on his facebook page all you will see is videos of folks twirling cymbals that they have tagged to him. If you ask me he too old to be doing the ish, but hey thats what he like to do. From what I hear he is about to do a commercial for Zildjian.

He marched at JSU in 96 and then crabbed Bama st. in 97. A True Marching Hornet. :tup:

Who gives a shyt who started it. Thats not what this is about. The man put in hard work and talent to get ZphiZ its just due props that its getting now. And say what yall want, he is one of the main ingrediants of the ZphiZ that we all know of today. Especially in the South. Love it or hate it, its the truth. Good shyt Hollywood. :clap:

The fuk you mean.."who gives a shyt who started it"....its a damn documentary dude..you supposed always start from the origin....

Stop being fn biased and be real.....

If the shyt was well know to have started in Houston then PV I would say the same..

I understand y'all know dude.... but the heart and backbone of that shyt in down here in new orleans and SU...

Jared let me put it to you like this.... ask ANYBODY u know who every touched cymbals who Hollywood is and they will tell you exactly who he is. No lie his fascination with the cymbal shit is almost funny (if you ask me).... he drives to a different HBCU every weekend to cross a section.... He puts together picnics and barbeques together all the time where you may have 50 cymbal players from different schools there twirling cymbals against each other. If you look on his facebook page all you will see is videos of folks twirling cymbals that they have tagged to him. If you ask me he too old to be doing the ish, but hey thats what he like to do. From what I hear he is about to do a commercial for Zildjian.

CJ that's all great and fine..seriously it is...

But that like someone doing a documentary on the "human jukebox" and because our former DM Celestin is amongst the most popular and he gives picnis for our band and do a lot of networking... don't mean the documentary of the Jukebox should be based around him...
Hollywood is just fortunate to be able to get out and around to more people than others..but do believe there are a lot of folk down this way that sleep and shyt Z's.... well cybals for most because down here you are even supposed to say you play Z's unless you went to SU and crossed..and this was in the 80's...

I'm just saying the people speaking on that clip are giving a misleading messege...

Now if they want to talk about what ZphiZ mean to ALABAMA..that clip is PERFECT..

This post right here is how "history" gets distorted...

Smh

The fuk you mean.."who gives a shyt who started it"....its a damn documentary dude..you supposed always start from the origin....

If the shyt was well know to have started in Houston then PV I would say the same..

I understand y'all know dude.... but the heart and backbone of that shyt in down here in new orleans and SU...

:lecture: Take your own advise.

And if yall N.O. folks feel so strongly about this, make your own documentary. :noidea:

Until then....... :|

Jared this is a TRAILOR.... who is going to go into a history lesson in a trailor.... and if you look at the video closely he did give a slight history lesson showing where kings were led in by cymbals back in ad times. BTW the dudes name is Aristide Williams and he was at SU from the years 81-85. Hollywood wanted to meet him so bad... he found his contact info and drove to New Orleans to meet him (this was just last week)... he apparantly he respects his roots.

CJ that's all great and fine..seriously it is...

But that like someone doing a documentary on the "human jukebox" and because our former DM Celestin is amongst the most popular and he gives picnis for our band and do a lot of networking... don't mean the documentary of the Jukebox should be based around him...
Hollywood is just fortunate to be able to get out and around to more people than others..but do believe there are a lot of folk down this way that sleep and shyt Z's.... well cybals for most because down here you are even supposed to say you play Z's unless you went to SU and crossed..and this was in the 80's...

I'm just saying the people speaking on that clip are giving a misleading messege...

Now if they want to talk about what ZphiZ mean to ALABAMA..that clip is PERFECT..

Jared kill that he aint stayed in Alabama in YEARS.... the only person on that clip from Alabama is Bama State band director.... the dude talkin at the table was from NEW ORLEANS.... Ask your SU folks about him... hell he was just in Baton Rouge last week crossing the latest SU chapter of Z PHI Z

:lecture: Take your own advise.

And if yall N.O. folks feel so strongly about this, make your own documentary. :noidea:

Until then....... :|

Dude wtf are you even talking about?....

ZphiZ was introduced to this hollywood cat by new orleans folk at jsu...

You speaking in the name of ASU...get off that man...
The documentary in on ZphiZ.....

ZphiZ was started in New Orleans than was carried to SU...

That's the history of ZphiZ dude...it has nothing to do with what school I went to VS yours..

If you going to continue that backwards ass thinking don't even reply back....because you starting to sound stupid....

Jared kill that he aint stayed in Alabama in YEARS.... the only person on that clip from Alabama is Bama State band director.... the dude talkin at the table was from NEW ORLEANS.... Ask your SU folks about him... hell he was just in Baton Rouge last week crossing the latest SU chapter of Z PHI Z

What do any of that have to do with misleading folk about the origin of zphiz......

I saw hollywood twirl when I was in the band...his section at jsu nor asu would mount individually or as section compared to what I saw first hand at SU AND EXPECIALLY new orleans....

All I am speaking on is...don't mislead people into "thinking" "hollywood" is the "father of ZphiZ......

And none of this is a knock to him ...just saying tell the real story of where it all started...

2 Things....

1) Yea...this video did, indeed, make it seem like Hollywood started it all, and was the first to twirl like that back in '96 (esp, when he had those directors speaking on his behalf). I know that not to be true, cuz his crab year, I could've put Erk (SU'96) out there on him to eat his arse up. And, that's just him...and, not those BamaSt'96 or JSt'97 sections, which was poo, collectively. So, in that aspect, I can see how this video looks a lil odd to J.

2) 8 outta 10 Z twirlers can't "play" worth a isht. Got all kinds of twirling tricks and skills, but can't play at all. As long as Hollywood is teaching these kids how to play AND "be heard", along with the twirling...Im good.

I ain't got nutt'n against Hollywood...but, just based off this video...it does "seem" a little slanted to suit Hollywood in a big way. Fair enough, it's him that's doing the video...but, make sure you put everything out there (when it comes out). Just throwing a couple of SU pics out there wouldn't cut it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back