Zeta Tau Alpha: Epsilon 1st Place Winners of Sprite Step-Off Challenge 2010

How did I miss this? Okay see I am torn, my black power tells me to say they are always stealing something of ours. Then because it's Becky's, they are part of the fold anyway. Ain't nothing more sexier than a a group of Becky's with moves to the grooves. Go head Becky, you are the new thang in 2010.

Got this in an e-mail....

Here is the official statement from sprite. It is on their Facebook page.

Statement from Sprite:

The Sprite Step Off was initially created as a way to recognize talented college students and give out scholarships to help support their higher education. If we put on some entertaining step shows and brought people together along the way, all the better.

After the National Finals Competition this past weekend in Atlanta wrapped, we got together to do our post-competition review and found a scoring discrepancy in the sorority results. After looking at it and looking at it AGAIN, we determined there isn’t a definitive resolution.

Sprite is all about preserving the honesty and integrity of this competition. Because the scoring discrepancy can’t be resolved and due to the really tight margin between the first and second place sorors, we feel that the only right thing to do is to name both Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority, Inc., Tau Chapter & Zeta Tau Alpha, Epsilon Chapter, co-first place winners of the Sprite Step Off.

With these revised results, we’re gonna increase Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority, Inc., Tau Chapter’s scholarship prize to $100K, consistent with what Zeta Tau Alpha also got for their first prize winnings.

Thanks again to everyone who helped make The Sprite Step Off happen. And to one last stroll in the name of unity...

Got this in an e-mail....

Here is the official statement from sprite. It is on their Facebook page.

Statement from Sprite:

The Sprite Step Off was initially created as a way to recognize talented college students and give out scholarships to help support their higher education. If we put on some entertaining step shows and brought people together along the way, all the better.

After the National Finals Competition this past weekend in Atlanta wrapped, we got together to do our post-competition review and found a scoring discrepancy in the sorority results. After looking at it and looking at it AGAIN, we determined there isn’t a definitive resolution.

Sprite is all about preserving the honesty and integrity of this competition. Because the scoring discrepancy can’t be resolved and due to the really tight margin between the first and second place sorors, we feel that the only right thing to do is to name both Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority, Inc., Tau Chapter & Zeta Tau Alpha, Epsilon Chapter, co-first place winners of the Sprite Step Off.

With these revised results, we’re gonna increase Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority, Inc., Tau Chapter’s scholarship prize to $100K, consistent with what Zeta Tau Alpha also got for their first prize winnings.

Thanks again to everyone who helped make The Sprite Step Off happen. And to one last stroll in the name of unity...

wow!!!!!

Thats some weak shit right there. If you lost, you lost. I don't care what the variables are or were. :shame: I bet they wouldn't be all on twitter and facebook complaining if them white girls got a Community Service of the Year award over them.

If people were saying the Sprite Step Off was not legitimate, then it looks even worse now that they are reversing decisions after the fact and naming Co winners. That some Barney, we are the world, everybody wins mess. lol

ZTA needs to go to the ATL Greek Picnic. lol :lol:

Last edited:
As a purple member of the great eight, that decision is some bull%&^@. That show rocked, they should have won all by themselves.

Now I've heard of co-first place. But never after the decision was rendered.

NPHC or any group that decides to hold a step competition may want to be sure that the judges have SOME expertise in stepping (and not just aesthetic [sp]) and know WTF they're doing.

That belated decision really shits on any legitimacy that the event was suppose to garner.

Sprite is on some sugary shyt for this stunt! I guess the SU AKA's can take the money, but the bragging rights just aren't there. Even though both groups were good, Sprite done messed it all up for everyone.

Who in their right minds would do a recount DAYS AFTER a competition? If they did this in sports, it'd be all kinds of issues. Even if the final calls that effected the outcome of the game were horrible, you don't see folks reversing decision after the game is over.

Oh well. Congrats Alpha Kappa Alpha and Zeta Tau Alpha. Like I said, Sprit is full of sugary shat.

Yall know what the funny and sad part is about this? The AKA's taught these girls to step, then got beat by them. :lmao: Now they mad. Shows you that you aren't who you thought you were. :tup: Gone with your snooty azzes. :lol:

That would be The Pan Hel without Iota (I'm assuming).

We weren't taught the "Divine Nine" when I pledged either...
That's so silly -- it's been the D9 for almost 14 years.

"Ooooh, oooh -- I know, I know. Lets just pretend there are no Iotas and maybe they'll disappear!!!"

:shame:

Question:

When did the AKA's complain about the outcome of the step show?

I know there was discussion on the internet (like this one)...but I've never heard/read where the AKA's actually complained.

Back