Zeta Tau Alpha: Epsilon 1st Place Winners of Sprite Step-Off Challenge 2010

JSU*Toi

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/016C4sUj5_8&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/016C4sUj5_8&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Interesting...

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/016C4sUj5_8&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/016C4sUj5_8&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Interesting...

Impressive....Very impressive

They did a great job. I knew it was going to come down to them and the AKAs from Indiana. They both had great shows. I will tell you one thing, that was the LONGEST stepshow I have ever been too. The doors opened at 5, show started at 6, and I LEFT at 11:45. I believe it went on til damn near 1am.

White Sorority wins step show

If this has been posted sorry.

I don't see the greatness...but then again...I don't get the stepping as a whole anyway... :noidea:

From the youtube clips I saw...AKA's should have won that show..

There wasn't any greatness in ZTA!! LOL

They weren't horrible...but not even close to the AKA's show!

My thoughts...

They won because they were decent and in the minority (as far as the ethnic scene at that place went).

All they had to do was be a pretty good group, and the fact that they WEREN'T a black group propelled them to win.

:idea:

From the youtube clips I saw...AKA's should have won that show..

There wasn't any greatness in ZTA!! LOL

They weren't horrible...but not even close to the AKA's show!

I agree Sorors from Indiana should have won! I think the whole "shock factor" is why ZTA won. They were good but not GREAT!

I saw ZTA perform in Houston in Jan when the Sprite Stepoff show was here and they were good and everyone was shocked because they were "a good stepping caucasian team with rhythm and good precision. They deserved to win when they were here in Houston.

Now for those of you that are greek or even if you're not greek but recognize certain precision styles of the various greeks, you can clearly see that they borrowed some steps lol I'm just still not understanding why they would have some non-greek judges who don't know schitt about stepping. Chili from TLC, Nene from Real Housewives of Atl and Monica. :retard:

I agree Sorors from Indiana should have won! I think the whole "shock factor" is why ZTA won. They were good but not GREAT!

I saw ZTA perform in Houston in Jan when the Sprite Stepoff show was here and they were good and everyone was shocked because they were "a good stepping caucasian team with rhythm and good precision. They deserved to win when they were here in Houston.

Now for those of you that are greek or even if you're not greek but recognize certain precision styles of the various greeks, you can clearly see that they borrowed some steps lol I'm just still not understanding why they would have some non-greek judges who don't know schitt about stepping. Chili from TLC, Nene from Real Housewives of Atl and Monica. :retard:

they did like most white folks and stole alot of steps from frats and sororities and i aint greek and i recognized that; akas should have won; fugg dem beckys man (help me lord)

I'm just still not understanding why they would have some non-greek judges who don't know schitt about stepping. Chili from TLC, Nene from Real Housewives of Atl and Monica. :retard:

Shut up....:retard:

They were good, but the best part is when they were going off the stage to the music. Otherwise, it was precision stepping and some cheerleader tidbits thrown in there.

Does anyone have the AKA's performance?

Zeta Tau Alpha (ZTA) was first introduced to the art of stepping 15 years ago by a local AKA chapter at the University of Arkansas.

“It started out as pure philanthropy,†said Kristin King, member of the ZTA step team.

Fellow ZTA team member Alexandra Kosmitis said, “We used to have local competitions every year and decided to venture out into more rigorous competition this year. We’re just amazed to be here. We were told we wouldn’t make it out the first round, and now we’re here getting a standing ovation.â€

That wasn’t all they got.

Zeta Tau Alpha defeated all opposition to claim first prize.

The announcement sent shock waves through the crowd creating an uneasy combination of cautious celebration and chagrin.

Tension was high. A white sorority had just won one of the largest step shows in history and, though some were impressed, many more were upset and confused.

“Sprite didn’t do a good job explaining the show; they manipulated the crowd,†said Oyetewa Oyerinde, a sophomore sports medicine major. “I thought the Zetas were more of a showcase. I thought this was a Divine Nine event.â€

Crowd participation was a major determinant in the judging, and though the crowd clearly appreciated the Indiana University AKAs, who went on to place second in the competition, they were outright boisterous after the Zeta performance.

“The ballots were extremely close, but in the end I think the crowd actually won the show for the Zetas†said an MTV representative who was working backstage.

He believed the decision was a last minute one, but there are some who believe the show’s outcome was a predetermined one.

Various participants backstage asserted that MTV and Sprite took the Cinderella story of the anomalous Zeta’s and ran with it.

Mentioning how the Zetas received a biased amount of television coverage and were treated more favorably than the other participating sororities, many felt after the Zeta’s made it to the National Final, MTV and Sprite became less concerned with treating all their participants fairly and more concerned with promoting the Zeta’s unlikely story.

“I’m upset MTV followed the Zeta’s around and capitalized on us,†said Francesca Hindmon, a senior economics major. “It seems to have been a setup from jump.â€

http://www.thehilltoponline.com/step-off-leaves-some-in-dismay-1.2163798

I'm just still not understanding why they would have some non-greek judges who don't know schitt about stepping. Chili from TLC, Nene from Real Housewives of Atl and Monica. :retard:

Da hell? :xeye: :lol:

And I thought it was a Divine Nine event too, before I saw the footage....hell, if that was the case, then I know some KKPsi/TBS who would have cleared all dat shat out. :nod: :tup:

Well of course they were gonna win....They've been chronicled all through this journey. The Sprite Step Off show on MTV2 has been following them all the way to this point.

And.....IT WAS THE AKA'S WHO TAUGHT THEM HOW TO STEP! I forget which school (gotta go back and rewatch the show now). One of ya'll Texas folks did that. So it was already friction between them once the pupil started bettering the teachers. So they ain't stole nothing, we rightfully gave it to them. Same way our KKPsi/TBS chapters holding these step clinics and etc. and showing all these folks how to step. So now FSU (not Fayetteville State) got a step team....LOL

Did the Sigmas from UCF win the Fraternities?? If so, par for the course. Check MTV2 if you wanna watch the show. I had the link somewhere.

Well of course they were gonna win....They've been chronicled all through this journey. The Sprite Step Off show on MTV2 has been following them all the way to this point.

And.....IT WAS THE AKA'S WHO TAUGHT THEM HOW TO STEP! I forget which school (gotta go back and rewatch the show now). One of ya'll Texas folks did that. So it was already friction between them once the pupil started bettering the teachers. So they ain't stole nothing, we rightfully gave it to them. Same way our KKPsi/TBS chapters holding these step clinics and etc. and showing all these folks how to step. So now FSU (not Fayetteville State) got a step team....LOL

Did the Sigmas from UCF win the Fraternities?? If so, par for the course. Check MTV2 if you wanna watch the show. I had the link somewhere.

Nah bruh it was U of Arkansas. The Alphas from Central State won the Fraternities.

Shut up....:retard:

They were good, but the best part is when they were going off the stage to the music. Otherwise, it was precision stepping and some cheerleader tidbits thrown in there.

Does anyone have the AKA's performance?

Yeah I noticed a lot of cheerleading tidbits also, SLT lol

Here are the AKA performances at nationals and one of these should have won fa real!

This show contains creativity and I haven't seen some of these moves and I have attended a lot of stepshows and seen a lot of tapes. lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1swlMFa3pvw&feature=player_embedded Tau Chapter of Indiana Univ. I think these Sorors should have won.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9X-8Nri9LB0&feature=related Beta Psi Chapter of Southern. Glad to see the SWAC was reppin and made it to nationals.

Da hell? :xeye: :lol:

And I thought it was a Divine Nine event too, before I saw the footage....hell, if that was the case, then I know some KKPsi/TBS who would have cleared all dat shat out. :nod: :tup:

Umm yeah yall could have competed too then
"Cleared all that shat out" :uhoh: :goof:

Ok, so from what I was told the AKA's at Univ of Arkansas did teach ZTA some steps and it was all in fun in games at first but then ZTA beat the AKA's and knocked them out the competition of advancing. ~deep sigh

I guess peeps need to step their game up.......

HELL YEAH....

My issue with this overall is that Sprite promoted the hell out of this and gave us all the impression that it would be the D9 competing only. I have no problem with Becky nem stepping but they sould have told us it would be open to all greeks. It's sad that "the shock factor" took them to the top and they cleaned house with a lot of money. Side note: Folks still mad about the judges too, but I digress on that topic alone. Now I'm not sure how much they won overall and would love to know; but I know when they came to Houston-they did rock the house, shocked us all but very much deserved to win that particular competition which resulted in 1st place $21, 500! Then they went all the way to Nationals and won the grand prize of $100,000.
Not sure how many more shows they competed in prior to going on Nationals but hell they cleaned house and won A LOT of money! Sad day for this schitt to happen in "Black History month" of all months anyway. Supposedly they are gonna do it again next year and I just hope they advertise it truthfully and I ALREADY KNOW D9 coming back HARD lol

Last edited:
Soooooooooooo I wonder if anything has been said to the AKA's that taught them how to step?!? :lol:

I remember some years ago there was a link going around from a school where ALL the fraternities and Sororities did a step show and "mocked" each other (or something like that). If I recall...it was said then...that the white orgs were taught how to step by the AKA's. I wonder if this is the same school. I'm gonna see if I still have those e-mails.

Thanks AKA's!!
:lol::lol::lol:

(just kidding :lol:)

Yep...it was the same school, here's the link...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OKYrCtE0gFg

Last edited:
I appreciate Zeta Tau Alpha's participation, and to show that the art of stepping has no color BUT Soror's from Indiana State (Tau Chapter) should have won that hands down. :retard:

Back