Wimbledon 2015

I find it strange that S. Williams, V.Williams, V. Azarenka, and M. Sharapova are all in the same half of the draw.

The top half of the draw had the most talent. In the bottom half of the draw, the higher seeds lost. Azarenka was injured and fell down in the rankings, she is playing like a top 10 players, but her ranking is 24th. After the top 32 are seeded, the its the luck of the draw where the remaining players are placed.

CONGRATULATIONS to Richard Gasquet - the Frenchman pulled it out today against Stan the Man. 6-4, 4-6, 3-6, 6-4, 11-9. Richard choked serving for the match he was up 5 - 4, but his nerves go to him, at that point, I figured it was over, but he hung in there.

The FFT (Fédération Française de Tennis) produced 4 really good tennis players during the big 4 era, but none of them won a major -12 - Jo-Wilfried Tsonga, 13 - Gilles Simon, 18 - Gales Monfils and 20 Richard Gasquet. I dont think Richard will beat Novak on Friday, but I did not think he would be Stan today. What a great match.

The top 3 seeds won today - Andy, Roger and Novak with ease. Richard is the odd man out.

The men's semifinals are set for Friday: 8:00 EST

Andy vs Roger
Novak vs Richard

Last edited:

The women's semifinal is set for Thursday 8:00 EST

Garbine Muguruza (ESP) [20] vs Agnieszka Radwanska (POL) [13]
Serena Williams (USA) [1] v Maria Sharapova (RUS) [4]

Novak Djokovic (SRB) [1] v Richard Gasquet (FRA) [21] - up first. Novak should win, Richard's one handed back hand shot is a thing of beauty.

Andy Murray (GBR) [3] v Roger Federer (SUI) [2] - Roger has been playing really well, this should be the best of the two matches and Roger should win.

http://www.si.com/tennis/2015/07/09/wimbledon-mens-semifinals-djokovic-gasquet-federer-murray

With all due respect to the Frenchman, Djokovic must’ve been quite happy when he saw Gasquet gut out a tough five-set win over No. 4 Stan Wawrinka in the quarterfinals. The win means that Djokovic not only avoids the mental battle of playing Wawrinka so soon after losing the French Open final, but he also gets to face Gasquet in the semifinals—a man he he has not lost since 2007.

Last edited:
What a first set, Serena started off slow, losing the first game of the set and slowly turned it around breaking back and winning the first set 6 - 4.

Serena could only beat herself in this match. Muguruza really wasn't good enough to even be on the same court.

Now the question is when will Serena slow down? I just don't see her falling off in the next five years. She should easily end up with 30+ major titles.

Serena could only beat herself in this match. Muguruza really wasn't good enough to even be on the same court.

Now the question is when will Serena slow down? I just don't see her falling off in the next five years. She should easily end up with 30+ major titles.

The U.S. Open is going to be crazy for her and the media - there will be so much pressure on her to win the Grand Slam (all 4 majors in the calendar year) and to tie Steffi Graf's record for the number of majors won.

To respond to your question, age catches up with all of us, but I think she has several more majors in her as long as she stays healthy.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/serena-unique-says-coach-mouratoglou-171750562--ten.html

Williams became the oldest woman to win a Grand Slam title as she secured her second "Serena Slam" of holding all four majors at the same time and now just needs to defend her US Open trophy in September to complete a rare calendar Grand Slam.

"In terms of level, she played great tennis. At Roland Garros she was so sick but she managed to lift her level really high at this Wimbledon.

"To win four Grand Slams in a row is an incredible achievement. Winning just one Grand Slam for anyone is such a big achievement.

"Here she had such a tough draw, playing Heather Watson, Venus, Vika (Azarenka) and Sharapova. The draw was so difficult, she had so many tough matches, but she made it every single time against every kind of adversity.

The U.S. Open is going to be crazy for her and the media - there will be so much pressure on her to win the Grand Slam (all 4 majors in the calendar year) and to tie Steffi Graf's record for the number of majors won.

To respond to your question, age catches up with all of us, but I think she has several more majors in her as long as she stays healthy.

Yes age catches up, but somebody younger has to be ready to take you out. I just don't see any of the younger female tennis players ready to dethrone her.

Another tough set, but roger wins the tie break. Novak can't execute when roger comes to the net. His lobs are so bad even I could get to them.

Novak has gone off boil in the third, he better get it together or he will lose the third.

Novak wins in 4. Nice match. Novak is such a good returner, but his serve was amazing today. First and second serve were really good. The only weakness was being unable to get around or over Roger when he was at the net.

Last edited:
Congratulations to the other winners:

Mixed Doubles - Hingis (SUI) / Paes (IND)
Ladies Doubles - M.Hingis (SUI) [1] & S.Mirza (IND)
Gentlemens Doubles - J.Rojer (NED) [4] & H.Tecau (ROU) [4]

Juniors:
Boys - R. Opelka - (USA)
Girls - S.Zhuk (RUS)

Back