US OPEN 2015

Sam has a legitimate gripe.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/serena-practice-transport-snubs-anger-stosur-203105990--ten.html

New York (AFP) - It wasn't bad enough that Samantha Stosur was told to take a bus to the US Open, but then she had to give up her practice court to Serena Williams.

The 2011 champion has endured that sort of week at Flushing Meadows but she had some choice words for organizers Thursday about the Grand Slam slaps in the face she has suffered.

"It's a Grand Slam. It's one of the biggest tournaments in the world. You got to be able to provide transport to players when they need it," Stosur said. "It's not just me. There have been many players in that situation."

Day 2

Roger won with ease

Upsets
Men -
D.Young (USA) beat G.Simon (FRA) [11] - Donald came back from two sets down, I think this was the first time in his history that he has done so.

Women
P.Cetkovska (CZE) beat C.McHale (USA)
O.Govortsova (BLR) beat I.Begu (ROU) [28]

Would be nice to see Young finally make some noise in this tournament!

Donald Young comeback today was GREAT to watch, I was shocked that he pulled it off.

My favorite shout from the audience using a Donald a Trump's campaign slogan - hey Donald come on, let's make America great again. Lots of USA. USA. USA. chants during the match - it was Davis cup atmosphere.

Donald lost a 4 setter to Stan today. He had a good run.

Venus and Serena play Tuesday. Venus and Serena looked real good in their previous matches.

John I. Plays Roger tonight.

Olde Hornet are you going to any games? I will be there Saturday for the women's championship. Hopefully Serena makes it.

Olde Hornet are you going to any games? I will be there Saturday for the women's championship. Hopefully Serena makes it.

Just got back from the US Open. I was there since Friday - had a great time.

I debated on getting tickets for the women's final, but bailed out due to other plans.

ENJOY!!!

I did a few quick post while there. They have free WiFi from Time Warner Cable and US Open. It dropped from time to time due to demand.

http://ftw.usatoday.com/2015/09/ex-...-in-manhattan-after-case-of-mistaken-identity

Ex-tennis star James Blake detained, handcuffed in Manhattan after case of mistaken identity

As The New York Daily News reports, Blake was standing outside waiting for a car to Queens for the U.S. Open, when he saw a man approaching him. Via the Daily News:

“Maybe I’m naïve, but I just assumed it was someone I went to high school with or something who was running at me to give me a big hug, so I smiled at the guy,” Blake said. Blake said the officer, who he said was not wearing a badge, picked him up and threw him down on the sidewalk, yelled at him to roll over on his face and said, “Don’t say a word.”

Blake was then cuffed and detained. Eventually, five members of the police, all white, showed at the scene. The final arrival realized Blake was not the suspect in a “identity theft ring operating around the midtown hotel.” After 15 minutes, the handcuffs were removed.

Just got back from the US Open. I was there since Friday - had a great time.

I debated on getting tickets for the women's final, but bailed out due to other plans.

ENJOY!!!

I did a few quick post while there. They have free WiFi from Time Warner Cable and US Open. It dropped from time to time due to demand.
http://ftw.usatoday.com/2015/09/ex-...-in-manhattan-after-case-of-mistaken-identity

Ex-tennis star James Blake detained, handcuffed in Manhattan after case of mistaken identity

As The New York Daily News reports, Blake was standing outside waiting for a car to Queens for the U.S. Open, when he saw a man approaching him. Via the Daily News:

“Maybe I’m naïve, but I just assumed it was someone I went to high school with or something who was running at me to give me a big hug, so I smiled at the guy,” Blake said. Blake said the officer, who he said was not wearing a badge, picked him up and threw him down on the sidewalk, yelled at him to roll over on his face and said, “Don’t say a word.”

Blake was then cuffed and detained. Eventually, five members of the police, all white, showed at the scene. The final arrival realized Blake was not the suspect in a “identity theft ring operating around the midtown hotel.” After 15 minutes, the handcuffs were removed.

How much do the tickets run for the night matches? Say from the quarters on.......

$70.00 for tickets in Ashe Stadium for the night sessions.

The price goes up for the semi finals and finals.

Last edited:
Womens semifinals were rained out yesterday, they start this morning at 11:00 am EDT.

You can follow the scores and / or listen to the radio broadcast at usopen.org. The video is available on the site and on ESPN3.

The sad part is that he was not going to say anything until his wife made him. Of course, him not being "black" its not about race. :confused::confused::confused:o_Oo_Oo_O:D:D:D

Back