Turmoil at JSU

Has nothing to do with the Sports Board you got happy because you saw the name JSU on it! wow REACHING AT ITS BEST! Maybe Warren needs to ask his questions instead asking why he can't ask what's going on? Ask what the hell you want to know instead of a generic question what is going on? There is a lot going on for JSU or with JSU! PERIOD

I would say your name fits the bill as in suq but I won't. And to think, of ALL the schools in the SWAC, someone from Bama State has the nerve to talk about turmoil?! Now THAT'S funny as heck and deserves an LOL!!!! Hahahahahaha!!!

People get hired and fired all the time when they're not doing the job the way the boss wants them to.
Now where's the evidence at JSU that there's boardroom bribery and thievery as is constantly shown at Bama State? Post those articles.

Its the HBCU life. Ninjas always fight for control. Its what we do. I think it really goes back to our African roots the way we can't get along. It has to be a tribe thing. This is not a JSU problem alone. All 100 plus HBCU's have the same problem.
Those are not African roots, those are European roots brought to African people.

The same thing is going on at JSU. Just because JSU's President is not giving the answers the White media wants her to give, there's this article.
Never mind the fact that JSU's campus is continuing to grow by leaps and bounds and at a much higher rate than the other universities.

Last edited:
Dude provided no context at all what the issues were at the university, though.

Due to the recent resignations and firings, I believe it has something to do with a hostile working environment at JSU.

I thought SU was the most hostile school in the SWAC. LOL!!!

After my last column about Jackson State University, I received numerous calls and emails from those expressing concern about the direction of the university under the leadership of President Carolyn Meyers.

Some insiders said there is a hostile work environment with employees fearful of their jobs if they say anything. One person said it was the worst working environment in decades.

I sat down Thursday with Meyers for the first time. I found her very engaging and willing to talk openly about most subjects.

Meyers said she has heard the talk about a hostile work environment.

Meyers said if some employees consider it a hostile work environment, that's not her intention. However, she said she holds everyone accountable.

http://www.clarionledger.com/story/opinion/2015/10/16/meyers-holds-all-jsu-accountable/74049204/

Dr. Meyers is pretty cut throat but she is effective. The athletic program has taken a hit because she has not hired a strong AD since they been here but the school is growing and academics continue to improve.

Man our VP just got locked up for theft. What kind of shyt is that? Terrible! News crew just came up to me asking if I had a comment for 48 news. I said yeah fuk Donald Trump and the Republican party. I didn't know white folks. Could walk that fast.......

Gates: JSU's Meyers talks about morale, Fuller
Jimmie E. Gates, The Clarion-Ledger 3:38 p.m. CDT October 17, 2015

After my last column about Jackson State University, I received numerous calls and emails from those expressing concern about the direction of the university under the leadership of President Carolyn Meyers.
Some insiders said there is a hostile work environment with employees fearful of their jobs if they say anything. One person said it was the worst working environment in decades.
I sat down Thursday with Meyers for the first time. I found her very engaging and willing to talk openly about most subjects.
Meyers said she has heard the talk about a hostile work environment.
Meyers said if some employees consider it a hostile work environment, that's not her intention. However, she said she holds everyone accountable.
Jackson State University is a big enterprise with roughly 1,800 employees, Meyers said.

Gates: JSU's Meyers talks about morale, Fuller

Man our VP just got locked up for theft. What kind of shyt is that? Terrible! News crew just came up to me asking if I had a comment for 48 news. I said yeah fuk Donald Trump and the Republican party. I didn't know white folks. Could walk that fast.......
you just ignant for real aintcha?

I don't care how old she is. In a thread about what's going on at JSU this sick mofo is asking about the presidents toes.

The people I know at JSU don't complain of a hostile work environment. In fact, some say it's the best place they ever worked. NOW, are they held accountable ... YES.. some people are not used to that.

I don't care how old she is. In a thread about what's going on at JSU this sick mofo is asking about the presidents toes.

Man hush this is small talk....hell the article was on some BS. JSU has strong academics and some narrow minded people are only focusing on athletics. She is a great president in my opinion.

Like I said she is sexy and I bet she has cute toes. There is nothing sick about that.

Man hush this is small talk....hell the article was on some BS. JSU has strong academics and some narrow minded people are only focusing on athletics. She is a great president in my opinion.

Like I said she is sexy and I bet she has cute toes. There is nothing sick about that.

I'm not saying she is a bad president, but she has definitely ruffled some feathers at JSU, which is the same thing she probably did at Norfolk State University (NSU). NSU is seriously debating about rejoining the CIAA, due to its enrollment drastically dropping over a 10 year period, which Meyers was their president during part of that time frame (2006-2010). From reading comments at the end of articles in the Clarion-Ledge, it sounds like Meyers might have done some hookup/favoritism type hiring. Also, I have yet to see a resolution on the dorm situation, which is very vital for JSU's growth beyond an enrollment of 10,000. If she has to fire more key people at the start of next school year, due to not having enough on-campus dorms, I do believe the good folks at JSU should start looking at her ability to effectively manage a university.

I'm not saying she is a bad president, but she has definitely ruffled some feathers at JSU, which is the same thing she probably did at Norfolk State University (NSU). NSU is seriously debating about rejoining the CIAA, due to its enrollment drastically dropping over a 10 year period, which Meyers was their president during part of that time frame (2006-2010). From reading comments at the end of articles in the Clarion-Ledge, it sounds like Meyers might have done some hookup/favoritism type hiring. Also, I have yet to see a resolution on the dorm situation, which is very vital for JSU's growth beyond an enrollment of 10,000. If she has to fire more key people at the start of next school year, due to not having enough on-campus dorms, I do believe the good folks at JSU should start looking at her ability to effectively manage a university.
It's sad that a PWI in south Mississippi receive new dorms in the midst of a declining enrollment . But JSU has increased its enrollment by almost 2500 students in 4 years with no additional resources that some PWI's have. But we have done well with less. It's time for our own people to get off there tail and go vote. Like today, I can only imagine how many of us want attempt the polls. Smh

It's sad that a PWI in south Mississippi receive new dorms in the midst of a declining enrollment . But JSU has increased its enrollment by almost 2500 students in 4 years with no additional resources that some PWI's have. But we have done well with less. It's time for our own people to get off there tail and go vote. Like today, I can only imagine how many of us want attempt the polls. Smh

I agree 100%

Voting is key but there also is a need for qualified candidates.

How come y'all didn't elect that truck driver over that do nothing governor?

LOL!

Back