Turmoil at JSU

I'm not saying she is a bad president, but she has definitely ruffled some feathers at JSU, which is the same thing she probably did at Norfolk State University (NSU). NSU is seriously debating about rejoining the CIAA, due to its enrollment drastically dropping over a 10 year period, which Meyers was their president during part of that time frame (2006-2010). From reading comments at the end of articles in the Clarion-Ledge, it sounds like Meyers might have done some hookup/favoritism type hiring. Also, I have yet to see a resolution on the dorm situation, which is very vital for JSU's growth beyond an enrollment of 10,000. If she has to fire more key people at the start of next school year, due to not having enough on-campus dorms, I do believe the good folks at JSU should start looking at her ability to effectively manage a university.

You reaching.. the dorm issue will be solved in a few weeks. The problem last year is that a whole dorm was being renovated. It will be ready for the Spring. Meyers is doing a great job at JSU. Every President at JSU has been criticized but you can't take away from what Meyers has done for the University. We have our highest enrollment ever, new programs, grants out the azz, and our highest ever USA Today ranking under her guidance!

You reaching.. the dorm issue will be solved in a few weeks. The problem last year is that a whole dorm was being renovated. It will be ready for the Spring. Meyers is doing a great job at JSU. Every President at JSU has been criticized but you can't take away from what Meyers has done for the University. We have our highest enrollment ever, new programs, grants out the azz, and our highest ever USA Today ranking under her guidance!

I don't rate a good president on athletics. I rate them on the level of academics. Shit in my opinion Dr. Meyers is one of the best HBCU presidents in America. Hell I applaud her with her sexy self. I mean she is smart, educated, and easy on the eyes...LORD!!!! WHEW!!!!

It's not reaching when there is historical data. So I guess the good folks at Norfolk State University are reaching too. I suggest you read some of the comments at the end of each article concerning Meyers leadership at JSU in the Clarion-Ledge. I guess some of the good folks with close ties to JSU are reaching too.

Last edited:
It's not reaching when there is historical data. So I guess the good folks at Norfolk State University are reaching too. I suggest you read some of the comments at the end of each article concerning Meyers leadership at JSU in Clarion-Ledge. I guess some of the good folks with close ties to JSU are reaching too.

1.) Norfolk State is NOT Jackson State.
2.) Yes, they are reaching. The proof is in the pudding (no pun intended). Meyers accomplishments can't be diminished by some haters.

1.) Norfolk State is NOT Jackson State.
2.) Yes, they are reaching. The proof is in the pudding (no pun intended). Meyers accomplishments can't be diminished by some haters.

As I see, there are not just some haters, there are quite a few. It appears that supporters of JSU are split on Meyers leadership abilities. I'm sure time will tell us which side is right my friend.

As I see, there are not just some haters, there are quite a few. It appears that supporters of JSU are split on Meyers leadership abilities. I'm sure time will tell us which side is right my friend.
I am personally split on Meyers as I said earlier. I think she has been good for business but has built a hostile environment. However, I wouldnt put much stock in that Norfolk State stuff. She was dealing with some deeply entrenched parties and bruised their egos. She was trying to clean that place up.

Similar to what Dr. Boyd tried to do in Montgomery.

I am personally split on Meyers as I said earlier. I think she has been good for business but has built a hostile environment. However, I wouldnt put much stock in that Norfolk State stuff. She was dealing with some deeply entrenched parties and bruised their egos. She was trying to clean that place up.

Similar to what Dr. Boyd tried to do in Montgomery.

At least you are not on here blindly stating that Meyers is the greatest thing ever. When JSU folks on here started calling her "Da Queen", I knew then they were too caught up into her glitz and glamour type proposals, especially her proposal for a domed stadium.

How come y'all didn't elect that truck driver over that do nothing governor?

You already know the answer to this. Same reason why Initiative 42 didn't fully pass/get the votes. Them folks will get out and vote for anything that not benefiting minorities (blacks and a growing Latino population) here.

We talked about this a while back on here about how weak the Democratic Party is here in Mississippi. Gray winning the Democratic nod spending $0 on ads and promotion is a conformation of that.

You already know the answer to this. Same reason why Initiative 42 didn't fully pass/get the votes. Them folks will get out and vote for anything that not benefiting minorities (blacks and a growing Latino population) here.

We talked about this a while back on here about how weak the Democratic Party is here in Mississippi. Gray winning the Democratic nod spending $0 on ads and promotion is a conformation of that.

Mississippi needs to elect a Bobby Jindal type person as its governor. I'm sure that would turn some Republicans against their own party members like they are now doing in Louisiana to David Vitter. Them fools definitely don't want to see a Bobby Jindal Part II.

At least you are not on here blindly stating that Meyers is the greatest thing ever. When JSU folks on here started calling her "Da Queen", I knew then they were too caught up into her glitz and glamour type proposals, especially her proposal for a domed stadium.
Jag89 !!! Did you attend Jackson State University ?!?!?

Jag89 !!! Did you attend Jackson State University ?!?!?

Nope.....The three colleges I attended are all in Louisiana (Southern University, LaTech, and LSUA). But I do believe I'm entitled to give my unbiased opinion on what have been reported in the Clarion-Ledge concerning a SWAC school, which is no different than what most folks from that same school that is being reported in the Clarion-Ledge do on here when news break on other SWAC schools, particular Southern University and A&M College.

Nope.....The three colleges I attended are all in Louisiana (Southern University, LaTech, and LSUA). But I do believe I'm entitled to give my unbiased opinion on what have been reported in the Clarion-Ledge concerning a SWAC school, which is no different than what most folks from that same school that is being reported in the Clarion-Ledge do on here when news break on other SWAC schools, particular Southern University and A&M College.
I understand !!!! I also see you have more interest in jSu than any other swac school besides SU !!!! Thanks for your interest !!!

I understand !!!! I also see you have more interest in jSu than any other swac school besides SU !!!! Thanks for your interest !!!
Also if your getting your information from the Clarion Ledger in which you stated then you have no honest clue about Jackson state !!!! Now i understand where you where coming from with some of your previous comments regarding JsU !!!! It all adds up now !!! But ok

You do know individuals from other SWAC schools posted in this thread too. Maybe you should start thanking everyone, starting with the person who started this thread.

Mississippi needs to elect a Bobby Jindal type person as its governor. I'm sure that would turn some Republicans against their own party members like they are now doing in Louisiana to David Vitter. Them fools definitely don't want to see a Bobby Jindal Part II.

We got Haley Barbour Part 2 with Bryant so we got our own version of Jindal (maybe not as extreme but just as deadly).

Name a state that can intentionally under fund K-12 education and breaking their own laws doing so (with a pending billion dollar lawsuit by the former (Democratic) governor who wrote the law) but convince (poor white conservative) people that fully funding education would be bad (because the money would be tied up by a Hinds County judge) BUT then give Nissan 1.3 BILLION (which would fully fund education in the state
).

That depends on what you call a supporter. Everyone is not like you and I. Half the people who complain don't even know anything going on at JSU. They see a bad football team and start talking about the President.

I will say this.. if we were winning in Athletics, there would be NO complaints about The Queen. The campus and the programs are top notch under her leadership. Even in athletics, she made the mistake of letting JSU alums make decisions. She won't be doing that any more. Most of the bad decisions and bad media is on Athletics. Again, you can't dispute what she has done as it relates to her entire body of work. And as for a hostile environment. OK, people don't like that but ummmm, if you don't do your job, what you expect. She gets a good investment of return for our students money because she makes sure people do their work. If they don't do it....

Im sure our environment is different that a PWC but at HBCUs, people get upset when their buddy buddy system does not work. I have spoke to NSU alums and most agree that her firing was BS. But when you don't invite the old head click to your cook outs.... LOL

Really, ALL of that was looked into before we hired her.

I will say this.. if we were winning in Athletics, there would be NO complaints about The Queen. The campus and the programs are top notch under her leadership. Even in athletics, she made the mistake of letting JSU alums make decisions. She won't be doing that any more. Most of the bad decisions and bad media is on Athletics. Again, you can't dispute what she has done as it relates to her entire body of work. And as for a hostile environment. OK, people don't like that but ummmm, if you don't do your job, what you expect. She gets a good investment of return for our students money because she makes sure people do their work. If they don't do it....

Im sure our environment is different that a PWC but at HBCUs, people get upset when their buddy buddy system does not work. I have spoke to NSU alums and most agree that her firing was BS. But when you don't invite the old head click to your cook outs.... LOL

Really, ALL of that was looked into before we hired her.

I know JSU and the Clarion-Ledge don't always see eye to eye, but sometimes one has to pay attention to some of their articles. I believe the Clarion-Ledger is saying what myself and others are now saying, which is, "we shall see what happens in the not so distance future".

Whispers grow louder at Jackson State
http://www.clarionledger.com/story/.../whispers-grow-louder-jackson-state/73660516/

Last edited:
I know JSU and the Clarion-Ledge don't always see eye to eye, but sometimes one has to pay attention to some of their articles. I believe the Clarion-Ledge is saying what myself and others are now saying, which is, "we shall see what happens in the not so distance future".

Whispers grow louder at Jackson State
http://www.clarionledger.com/story/.../whispers-grow-louder-jackson-state/73660516/

You should have seen how JSU alums went in on that dude.. LOL
Nothing is going to come out in the future because Meyers runs a tight ship. You know why folks get fired? Cause if she HEARS of any wrong, yo azz is grazz! Even when it came to the J-Sette fiasco, ALUMS didn't like it but Meyers was like.. NO SPECIAL PRIVILEGES TO ANYONE. If you break a rule or are in violation, you have to go. She won't put the University at risk. Now, go find you a like button and worry about the field conditions in Baton Rouge.

Dr. Meyers is sexy. I wonder how her toes look.

She got some pom poms for you, maybe she can shake her pom poms for you LOL

CAS002-L.jpg

You should have seen how JSU alums went in on that dude.. LOL
Nothing is going to come out in the future because Meyers runs a tight ship. You know why folks get fired? Cause if she HEARS of any wrong, yo azz is grazz! Even when it came to the J-Sette fiasco, ALUMS didn't like it but Meyers was like.. NO SPECIAL PRIVILEGES TO ANYONE. If you break a rule or are in violation, you have to go. She won't put the University at risk. Now, go find you a like button and worry about the field conditions in Baton Rouge.

I've always said that SU should increase funding for maintenance and monies for a new drainage system for Mumford Stadium's football field. But watching the JSU's game against Alabama State in Memorial Stadium this past Saturday with moderate rain showers, I saw some areas on the field that the sod/turf didn't fair too well. Some areas were pure mud, which tells me that Memorial's field probably needs a new drainage system too.

I've always said that SU should increase funding for maintenance and monies for a new drainage system for Mumford Stadium's football field. But watching the JSU's game against Alabama State in Memorial Stadium this past Saturday with moderate rain showers, I saw some areas on the field that the sod/turf didn't fair too well. Some areas were pure mud, which tells me that Memorial's field probably needs a new drainage system too.

Nope. We have played in rain plenty of times but that much rain over that many days took a toll. Had it just been rain a day or two, you would not have see that problem.

Back