Tulane cancels its 2016 football game with MSU

We'll take the payday, but if this is why they cancelled the MS State game and paid $350K, it makes no sense on their side.
Man, I tried to tell ya'll that Tulane fans hate Dickson. He is a horrible AD. Last season at the homecoming, their fans raised money to have a jet fly over the stadium with a "Fire Dickson" banner attached. I do business with many different athletic departments, and the folks at Tulane are fun to work with. They want big time football, but lack leadership. You might see LSU on the schedule for 2017 because they owe Tulane a game in NOLA.

Tulane got enough on their plate being in the acc. They dont want no parts of ms state or lsu right now. This game was scheduled about the same time miss state scheduled usm. Tulane was still in con usa when they agreed to play miss state.

But congrats SU.
got a feeling jsu phone will be ringing soon for another game to. They trying to put buts in their home stadium.
True, but Jackson State is not on their radar right now. Their fans don't want back to back SWAC or Southland schools on their schedules. So if JSU gets a call to play in NOLA, it might be in 2018. In 2013, they were looking forward to having big numbers for that holiday weekend , but the game being pushed up hurt. That's another reason why they wanted their own stadium.

I expect JSU to get a basketball and baseball call next season.

Last edited:
e'll take the payday, but if this is why they cancelled the MS State game and paid $350K, it makes no sense on their side.
Tulane dont need ms state kicking their skull In by 50 points now.
They trying to build their home fan base. Playing y'all in their home stadium will bring in way more than the 350k they giving y'all with a sellout. They make more money, have a sellout crowd at home, and a 98 percent chane of a win.

$1 million from ms state is nothing when all the expenses are taken out. Not to mention getting off to a bad start by getting 9 tds dropped on them.

They can afford to cancel a sure loss payday with ms state since they getting decent money from the conference they just joined.

Tulane dont need ms state kicking their skull In by 50 points now.
They trying to build their home fan base. Playing y'all in their home stadium will bring in way more than the 350k they giving y'all with a sellout. They make more money, have a sellout crowd at home, and a 98 percent chane of a win.

$1 million from ms state is nothing when all the expenses are taken out. Not to mention getting off to a bad start by getting 9 tds dropped on them.

They can afford to cancel a sure loss payday with ms state since they getting decent money from the conference they just joined.
They PAID $350K to MS State to get out of that game, and are likely paying us $300-350K to play. They must be planning to jack up prices if they want to make a real profit off the game with us when you account for the extra $350K to MS State

They PAID $350K to MS State to get out of that game, and are likely paying us $300-350K to play. They must be planning to jack up prices if they want to make a real profit off the game with us when you account for the extra $350K to MS State

They might walk away with about $500K. But the bottomline is that they just want the win because the stadium only holds 30K so even $40 tickets is only 1.2 million. A lot of people seem to forget that games have expenses (water, electricity, security, printing, lights, etc...)

That 30K stadium is a far cry from the 81K old Tulane Stadium that seated 76K fans for Bayou Classic I. That game is going to be a sellout and the tickets will be hard to come by...

That 30K stadium is a far cry from the 81K old Tulane Stadium that seated 76K fans for Bayou Classic I. That game is going to be a sellout and the tickets will be hard to come by...

Exactly

I agree. SU could sell that out.. LOL I wouldn't be surprised at all if those ticket prices are way up there! ...like starting at $80. They would make some $$$ then.

Tulane is set to fire Curtis Johnson on Saturday. My sources tell me that Rob Ryan might get the job. If this happens, the home opener vs Southern is going to be a ticket sells dream for Tulane.

Tulane is set to fire Curtis Johnson on Saturday. My sources tell me that Rob Ryan might get the job. If this happens, the home opener vs Southern is going to be a ticket sells dream for Tulane.
Don't matter who the coach is, SU selling out that stadium lol.

Don't matter who the coach is, SU selling out that stadium lol.

SU puts _sses in seats, but Tulane fans have to attend the game. They need a reason to attend the game other than watching a halftime show. If Rob Ryan is the coach, Tulane fans are going to pack the place. If not, then you are looking at 20k full of SU folks and a few green wave shirts.

SU puts _sses in seats, but Tulane fans have to attend the game. They need a reason to attend the game other than watching a halftime show. If Rob Ryan is the coach, Tulane fans are going to pack the place. If not, then you are looking at 20k full of SU folks and a few green wave shirts.
That's how we want it. That's how it was last two times we played them. 75% Jags.

That's how we want it. That's how it was last two times we played them. 75% Jags.
Almost. Lol.

I was there both times. I will be in the Club area next year. This game will easily sell 35k. I have to gives props to SU for making Tulane up the money. You already know Tulane hates paying. SU did the right thing by treating Tulane like they needed SU. Which they do.

Back