Tulane cancels its 2016 football game with MSU

BG

Tulane cancels its 2016 football game with Miss. State
Michael Bonner, The Clarion-Ledger 11:46 a.m. CDT May 18, 2015

STARKVILLE Scheduling for the 2016 season hasn't been easy. The Southeastern Conference requires all of its football teams to play a Power 5 opponent beginning in that season.

Mississippi State met that requirement but needs to fill another. Tulane canceled its agreement to play at Davis Wade Stadium in 2016, the school confirmed to the Clarion-Ledger. Tulane owes Mississippi State $350,000 for breaking the contract.

It leaves an opening for the Bulldogs on Sept. 24.

Tulane cancels its 2016 football game with MSU

Dear Alcorn,

Don't even think about it. You need a big draw at Home to go with SU, JSU, and Homecoming.

TN State or FAMU would do nicely.

Signed,

The Individual Who Believes in BCF.

Dear Alcorn,

Don't even think about it. You need a big draw at Home to go with SU, JSU, and Homecoming.

TN State or FAMU would do nicely.

Signed,

The Individual Who Believes in BCF.

Dude, if Tulane is paying Miss State 350K you better believe they cancelled for a big pay day......

laughing_smiley.gif

Dude, if Tulane is paying Miss State 350K you better believe they cancelled for a big pay day......

laughing_smiley.gif

Um Dude, I meant Alcorn trying to get a Money Game with MS State. We can start a Home and Home with TN State or FAMU.

Now SU and Tulane would be a good matchup cause I damn sure know besides Alcorn, SU is scared of that FCS Team in Lake Charles, LA....

Tulane don't like to pay on time. It took Dumb as LeFleur a couple of years to get our money. They also messed over Famu, well I blame Famu for signing that deal lol. I don't think Famu got paid one penny when they paid them. The contract was something to the effect of Tulane keeping all the gate for the first 40,000 and they would split the rest.

I was told that they are trying to clear the air for another major P5 program. The type of program NOLA folks aren't use to seeing Tulane play like Oklahoma, Texas, Notre Dame, Florida State, Michigan, Ohio State or Oregon.

I was also told that if these dream deals don't go through, Mississippi Valley, Southern, Grambling, McNeese, Nicholls or Central Arkansas might be getting a call from Dickson. All NOLA folks know how much Tulane fans hate Dickson.

These are just things I hear from great sources, we just have to wait and see.

Last edited:
Only $350,000
Keep in mind that Miss. State woulda been paying Tulane to play the game. Now State gets paid for nothing and will probably come out cheaper since they'll get a less quality opponent at this stage,

I was told that they are trying to clear the air for another major P5 program. The type of program NOLA folks aren't use to seeing Tulane play like Oklahoma, Texas, Notre Dame, Florida State, Michigan, Ohio State or Oregon.

I was also told that if these dream deals don't go through, Mississippi Valley, Southern, Grambling, McNeese, Nicholls or Central Arkansas might be getting a call from Dickson. All NOLA folks know how much Tulane fans hate Dickson.

These are just things I hear from great sources, we just have to wait and see.

For a $350K buyout they better be getting a top 5 program or LSU (in N.O.).

laughing_smiley.gif

Do you think it could be LSU they are trying to play? A short drive to Baton Rouge for more money makes sense to me. Also, the state's budget cuts are no longer a threat to higher education in Louisiana and Jindal will be gone come fall 2016.

Last edited:

Do you think it could be LSU they are trying to play? A short drive to Baton Rouge for more money makes sense to me. Also, the state's budget cuts are no longer a threat to higher education in Louisiana and Jindal will be gone come fall 2016.

Who knows, but I darn sure know their mindset isn't to play Alcorn........lol

For a $350K buyout they better be getting a top 5 program or LSU (in N.O.).
I don't think it will be LSU, but then again, they do owe Tulane a home game based on a contract that was signed some years back. If they play, I am sure the game will be played in the dome and not Yulman.

Last edited:
This has what to do with 2016?
I don't know all of the details, but I was told that they wanted to schedule one of these games in 2016 and paved the way for it before everything was finalized. That's why they were either going to play one of those major programs or and FCS team. I still believe that they should have went ahead with the MSU deal, but Dickson is horrible.

Anyway, those FCS schools that I named above are supposedly on the Green Wave radar.

Tulane got enough on their plate being in the acc. They dont want no parts of ms state or lsu right now. This game was scheduled about the same time miss state scheduled usm. Tulane was still in con usa when they agreed to play miss state.

But congrats SU.
got a feeling jsu phone will be ringing soon for another game to. They trying to put buts in their home stadium.

Back