Top Tier FCS vs. The SWAC, Team and Facility Wise.

I don't count fan amenities as facilities when it comes to college sports. The areas that the athletes use on a day-to-day basis are most important. Luxury boxes, concession stands, etc in the stadium are not for the athletes.

I'd pick SU or JSU's ATHLETIC facilities over SLU's any say.

I was primarily speaking of football facilities, but honestly both Northwestern State and Southeastern have facilities that are substandard for FCS schools. Northwestern State has a substandard basketball arena but a nice football stadium and Southeastern has a substandard football stadium but a nice basketball arena.

SLU has a new weight room and locker room, The football team plays on turf that have a video scoreboard also a parking garage

SLU has a new weight room and locker room, The football team plays on turf that have a video scoreboard also a parking garage

I believe a few high schools have somewhat the same setup, but I still think their stadium is sub-par for a FCS school.

The parking garage IS NOT part of the stadium and WAS NEVER directly a part of stadium renovations. However, you can access the suites at Strawberry Stadium from the garage. Also, they got old Superdome turf put into Strawberry Stadium in the stadium a couple seasons ago.

The new offices and what not by the stadium are good additions. But I tell you what, Southeastern's digs are waaaaay better than Nicholls.

Also the fact that Southeastern is pretty much landlocked hurts them athletics-wise. Really no extra room for expansion

The parking garage IS NOT part of the stadium and WAS NEVER directly a part of stadium renovations. However, you can access the suites at Strawberry Stadium from the garage. Also, they got old Superdome turf put into Strawberry Stadium in the stadium a couple seasons ago.

The new offices and what not by the stadium are good additions. But I tell you what, Southeastern's digs are waaaaay better than Nicholls.

Also the fact that Southeastern is pretty much landlocked hurts them athletics-wise. Really no extra room for expansion

I agree, that Nicholls State has the worse facilities, but I think their stadium is a little larger than Southeastern's Stadium.

I agree, that Nicholls State has the worse facilities, but I think their stadium is a little larger than Southeastern's Stadium.

Nicholls' stadium holds 10,500. Strawberry Stadium holds about 7,500. Plus Nicholls got their field on the hook-up when the Mannings moved their camp -- ironically -- from Southeastern to Thibodaux. The Mannings paid for the turf and that's how their name is attached to Nicholls' stadium.

Also, Nicholls' stadium was built in the 1970s while Strawberry Stadium was built in the 1930s.

Nicholls' stadium holds 10,500. Strawberry Stadium holds about 7,500. Plus Nicholls got their field on the hook-up when the Mannings moved their camp -- ironically -- from Southeastern to Thibodaux. The Mannings paid for the turf and that's how their name is attached to Nicholls' stadium.

Also, Nicholls' stadium was built in the 1970s while Strawberry Stadium was built in the 1930s.

Nicholls' stadium is in much needed upgrades.

Nicholls' stadium is in much needed upgrades.
Funny thing is I actually liked old Strawberry Stadium more than Guidry...maybe because I've worked so many nights in that piece. Haven't had a chance to see the Texas SLC venues ... But then again who really wants to go to Huntsville to see Sam Houston, Beaumont to see Lamar and Nacogdoches to see SFA.

Back