Thompson allowed to transfer to GSU

Reporternate

COLUMBIA, S.C. Former South Carolina defensive lineman Moe Thompson got a judge's permission to play football at Grambling State.

Thompson faces five counts of burglary-related charges after authorities say he and former teammate Kevin Mainord stole electronics out of two dorm rooms this past February. Thompson was dismissed from South Carolina by head coach Steve Spurrier.

Thompson appeared before Circuit Judge James Barber this morning in Columbia, South Carolina. Thompson's attorney asked Barber to change the conditions of the player's bond so he could join Grambling's football team.

Attorney Hemphill Pride gave Barber a letter from Grambling coach Melvin Spears offering Thompson the scholarship.

Barber ended the electronic monitoring of Thompson. He allowed Thompson to travel between Louisiana and South Carolina, and to out-of-state games with the football team. However, Thompson is only allowed to go with the group, not on his own.

Barber also ordered that Thompson check in once a week with South Carolina officials while at Grambling.

Thompson did NOT want to comment after the proceeding.

Copyright 2005 Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Reporternate said:
Thompson faces five counts of burglary-related charges after authorities say he and former teammate Kevin Mainord stole electronics out of two dorm rooms this past February. Thompson was dismissed from South Carolina by head coach Steve Spurrier.

Barber ended the electronic monitoring of Thompson.

Where do you draw the line? :shame:

If this had been a "normal" student @ usc, would all of this have been allowed to take place? :shame:

Too funny. Funny. Funny. Funny........ NOT!!!!! :smh:

Reporternate said:
Barber ended the electronic monitoring of Thompson. He allowed Thompson to travel between Louisiana and South Carolina, and to out-of-state games with the football team. However, Thompson is only allowed to go with the group, not on his own.

So basically, he can't leave Grambling unless he is headed to a football game with the team. That won't last long. Come spring time, it will be one road trip where him or his buddies get caught speeding and that will be IT.

Panthro said:
Where do you draw the line? :shame:

If this had been a "normal" student @ usc, would all of this have been allowed to take place? :shame:

Too funny. Funny. Funny. Funny........ NOT!!!!! :smh:

You probably would have left Allen Iverson in a Va. prison too. :smug2:

NASTYNUPE said:
I hope this dude doesn't bring that bullsh it to Grambling.

This kid was no thug, he made a bad mistake in judgement, like we all do at that age. He only has one year and will do just fine. :smug2:

Da_Sperm said:
So basically, he can't leave Grambling unless he is headed to a football game with the team. That won't last long. Come spring time, it will be one road trip where him or his buddies get caught speeding and that will be IT.

Jealousy shole will make you an Itch :lmao:

Does anyone know if he is talented. Not all D1 transfers are great, or much less do anything when they transfer.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
DaTruth4u said:
Does anyone know if he is talented.

2004 Preseason - All-SEC candidate at defensive end ... Extremely athletic and aggressive defender ... Had a great spring practice ... Recipient of the Joe Morrison Memorial Award for defense during the spring, which goes to the most outstanding defensive and offensive player during spring practice.

2003 -Emerged as an All-SEC performer at defensive end ... Named honorable mention All-SEC by the Associated Press ... Started all 12 games ... Team's third leading tackler with 60 total stops, 38 of which were solo hits ... Tied for team lead with five quarterback sacks ... Also had five tackles for loss ... Returned an interception 25 yards vs. Vanderbilt ... Led the squad with eight quarterback hurries ... Also led the club with three fumble recoveries and three forced fumbles ... Had an outstanding game in the win over #15 Virginia, contributing six tackles (five solo), including one for loss, two quarterback sacks, two forced fumbles and one fumble recovery ... Was named the SEC Defensive Player of the Week following his performance vs. the Cavaliers ... Had seven tackles each in games with Kentucky, Ole Miss and Arkansas ... Sacked Ole Miss quarterback Eli Manning twice in the game vs. the Rebels ... Recovered a fumble against Vanderbilt.

2002 -Enjoyed a banner rookie season, in which he earned Freshman All-America honors from The Sporting News and SEC All-Freshman accolades ... Defensive end who played in all 12 games and started the last 11 contests ... Showed outstanding athleticism and a strong defensive mentality ... Accumulated 52 total tackles (32 solo), including 4.5 tackles for loss ... Also had two QB sacks, one interception, three pass break ups, one QB pressure and recovered two fumbles ... His two fumble recoveries tied for second best on the squad ... In his first career start vs. Virginia, he responded with five tackles, one interception and two pass break ups ... Made six tackles against Temple ... Had four stops and one tackle for loss at Vanderbilt ... Had five tackles vs. Kentucky ... Was credited with six tackles vs. LSU ... Was impressive against Tennessee, with a career-high nine tackles (eight solo), one QB sack and one fumble recovery ... Played well against Arkansas, with seven tackles, one QB sack and one tackle for loss ... Against Florida, he recovered a fumble and made two tackles ... Had a tackle for loss vs. Clemson.

HIGH SCHOOL -Earned Mr. Football honors in the state of South Carolina ... Rated the #15 best athlete in the nation according to Tom Lemming of Prep Football Report ... Class AAAA Player of the Year by The High School Sports Report ... Third-team All-South according to Forest Davis Football Recruiting ... SuperPrep ranked him the #5 best tight end prospect in the nation ... Named to the All-Southeast Offensive team by Student Sports ... Consensus all-state selection ... Shrine Bowl member ... Caught 45 passes for 800 yards and 13 touchdowns ... As a defensive end, he finished with 85 tackles and five sacks ... Also lettered in basketball ... Played for Coach Ray Stackley ... Chose South Carolina over North Carolina.

PERSONAL -Born Jan. 27, 1984 ... Majoring in Hotel, Restaurant and Tourism Management.

DEFENSIVE STATISTICS
Year G UT AT TT TFL Sacks FR Int. PBU
2002 12 32 20 52 4. 5-17 2-14 2 1 4
2003 12 38 22 60 5-15 5-35 3 1 1
TOTAL 24 70 42 112 9.5-32 7-49 5 2 5

2004 Preseason - All-SEC candidate at defensive end ... Extremely athletic and aggressive defender ... Had a great spring practice ... Recipient of the Joe Morrison Memorial Award for defense during the spring, which goes to the most outstanding defensive and offensive player during spring practice.

2003 -Emerged as an All-SEC performer at defensive end ... Named honorable mention All-SEC by the Associated Press ... Started all 12 games ... Team's third leading tackler with 60 total stops, 38 of which were solo hits ... Tied for team lead with five quarterback sacks ... Also had five tackles for loss ... Returned an interception 25 yards vs. Vanderbilt ... Led the squad with eight quarterback hurries ... Also led the club with three fumble recoveries and three forced fumbles ... Had an outstanding game in the win over #15 Virginia, contributing six tackles (five solo), including one for loss, two quarterback sacks, two forced fumbles and one fumble recovery ... Was named the SEC Defensive Player of the Week following his performance vs. the Cavaliers ... Had seven tackles each in games with Kentucky, Ole Miss and Arkansas ... Sacked Ole Miss quarterback Eli Manning twice in the game vs. the Rebels ... Recovered a fumble against Vanderbilt.

2002 -Enjoyed a banner rookie season, in which he earned Freshman All-America honors from The Sporting News and SEC All-Freshman accolades ... Defensive end who played in all 12 games and started the last 11 contests ... Showed outstanding athleticism and a strong defensive mentality ... Accumulated 52 total tackles (32 solo), including 4.5 tackles for loss ... Also had two QB sacks, one interception, three pass break ups, one QB pressure and recovered two fumbles ... His two fumble recoveries tied for second best on the squad ... In his first career start vs. Virginia, he responded with five tackles, one interception and two pass break ups ... Made six tackles against Temple ... Had four stops and one tackle for loss at Vanderbilt ... Had five tackles vs. Kentucky ... Was credited with six tackles vs. LSU ... Was impressive against Tennessee, with a career-high nine tackles (eight solo), one QB sack and one fumble recovery ... Played well against Arkansas, with seven tackles, one QB sack and one tackle for loss ... Against Florida, he recovered a fumble and made two tackles ... Had a tackle for loss vs. Clemson.

HIGH SCHOOL -Earned Mr. Football honors in the state of South Carolina ... Rated the #15 best athlete in the nation according to Tom Lemming of Prep Football Report ... Class AAAA Player of the Year by The High School Sports Report ... Third-team All-South according to Forest Davis Football Recruiting ... SuperPrep ranked him the #5 best tight end prospect in the nation ... Named to the All-Southeast Offensive team by Student Sports ... Consensus all-state selection ... Shrine Bowl member ... Caught 45 passes for 800 yards and 13 touchdowns ... As a defensive end, he finished with 85 tackles and five sacks ... Also lettered in basketball ... Played for Coach Ray Stackley ... Chose South Carolina over North Carolina.

PERSONAL -Born Jan. 27, 1984 ... Majoring in Hotel, Restaurant and Tourism Management.

DEFENSIVE STATISTICS
Year G UT AT TT TFL Sacks FR Int. PBU
2002 12 32 20 52 4. 5-17 2-14 2 1 4
2003 12 38 22 60 5-15 5-35 3 1 1
TOTAL 24 70 42 112 9.5-32 7-49 5 2 5

I hate to say it, but he looks like a baller to me :uhoh: :mad:

CATMENDUE2 said:
You probably would have left Allen Iverson in a Va. prison too. :smug2:

Don't charge me up dude while you're defending bullisht! I asked a fair question, in my mind. Would *rambling bend over backwards like that for a "normal" <b>academic</b> student? :confused: I think not and you know not as well. :|

W/ that being said, we'll be sure to dangle some tvs, stereos, CD players, DVD players, and kompewters out on the 50 yard line to distract his ass. :|

:wavey:

Panthro said:
W/ that being said, we'll be sure to dangle some tvs, stereos, CD players, DVD players, and kompewters out on the 50 yard line to distract his ass. :|

Be careful while you are doing that someone may steal your girlfriend. :emlaugh:

You are still PV.

Plz Mach. :rolleyes: SU's Finest isn't going anywhere. :p lol

For real though, even if this kid were to have txferred to PV, I'd be livid. If <b>any</b> *F*'d up txfer was tryna' get into our program, I'd be the first to voice my displeasure on the issue. I don't think diffs betwixt a "normal" student vs a student-athlete should occur (MHO). That student-athlete is rep'ing the univ and most of all me since I'm an alum and I don't believe in tarnishing images if one can help it. :|

We want to win but there's a certain way that I'd like for us to do it.

:lmao:
Panthro said:
Don't charge me up dude while you're defending bullisht! I asked a fair question, in my mind. Would *rambling bend over backwards like that for a "normal" <b>academic</b> student? :confused: I think not and you know not as well. :|

Louisiaana still have morals, you sound confused to me, Short of a riot leave them folks **** alone. Youa asked a Leading question. :lmao: :lmao:

CATMENDUE2 said:
:lmao:

Louisiaana still have morale, you sound confused to me, Short of a riot leave them folks **** alone. Youa sked a Leading question. :lmao: :lmao:

WTF.... no.... WTH did you just ask or imply Cat? :confused: I understand English quite well. :|

Back