The SWAC Doesn’t Realize The Mistake It Made Against Grambling, Jackson State & South

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: The SWAC Doesn’t Realize The Mistake It Made Against Grambling, Jackson State & S

not even in that 99 year when we went 11-1 you don't think we could have went that year?? juss asking

99 was the year the SCG Demon possessed the SWAC but proceed.

Re: The SWAC Doesn’t Realize The Mistake It Made Against Grambling, Jackson State & S

not even in that 99 year when we went 11-1 you don't think we could have went that year?? juss asking

Nope.
In the 1990's, the BC took ya'll and Gram str8 out.

BUT if the SWAC would have been eligible CONFERENCE WIDE for the playoffs in 1999, a 10th ranked 11-1 SU and a 13th ranked 9-2 JSU would have both made the playoffs.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop

The SWAC is not getting an at-large bid. I don't many of you realize how the SWAC is look at outside of our conference. We aren't looked at in a very good light...:smh:.

If an HBCU Conference like the MEAC can get an AUTOMATIC BID, why should we, The SWAC, another HBCU conference, settle with HOPING for an AT-LARGE BID rather than having an AUTOMATIC BID as well.

So in other words, the rules are no different. Thanks for playing.

Nope.
In the 1990's, the BC took ya'll and Gram str8 out. If the SWAC would have been eligible CONFERENCE WIDE for the playoffs in 1999, a 10th ranked SU and a 13th ranked JSU would have both made the playoffs.

what about in 2003 then?? could we have went then

The thing is, the punishment is coming after the fact. You have a brand new coach, president, and athletic director at Southern that have changed things for the better, and still couldn't escape the past problems from the former regime.We will be fine next year.

It also comes after SU had a 900 last year and a 899 this year.. :lol: Since APR began, JSU has done better than PV, GSU, SU and TxSo in APR. Yet, we are banned. Then people are on here talkin about what WE need to do. :smh:

1.) This is not a playoff discussion

2.) No one cares about the playoffs

3.) IF the MEAC could have a successful championship game, they would dump the playoffs.

4.) Our Presidents and Commish did what was best for the conference by allowing the continuation of the BC and TDC and creating a SCG.

5.) No one cares about the playoffs.

Bullshat, they just cared about making that money. A SWAC Championship game in Birmingham, AL was designed ONLY for a JSU vs. SU matchup with no other matchup in mind.

The SWAC is not getting an at-large bid. I don't many of you realize how the SWAC is look at outside of our conference. We aren't looked at in a very good light...:smh:.

If an HBCU Conference like the MEAC can get an AUTOMATIC BID, why should we, The SWAC, another HBCU conference, settle with HOPING for an AT-LARGE BID rather than having an AUTOMATIC BID as well.

You can get an auto bid if you just vote the 3 culprits out. Take the idea to your president.

SU ain't never complained because SU ain't never went or tried to go.
Never in SU history have you even had the oppertunity to try your hand in the playoffs. Gram went to the playoffs 3 times. Whats SU's excuse while you talking all this OOC performance crap.

Ya'll getting skull drug on the regular by D2's. :smh:

Which means that SU didn't care about the playoffs!!!! There is no excuse if we didn't care about playing in the playoffs.

If some of you are blind to see that PLAYOFF EXPOSURE BRINGS OPPORTUNITY THEN DAMN IT ALL!!!!! (Thanks GR)

dude, as I have posted, the NCAA banned ASU from post season. In its description of it, it obviously included the SCG.

Why do you keep tryin to make a connection between what happened to ya'll to the current situation. The NCAA banned you from the SCG. The NCAA did NOT ban JSU and SU from the SCG. What is so hard to understand about that? Seriously?

what about in 2003 then?? could we have went then

Nope...........By then, FCS had made up their mind.
The SWAC was not getting another at-large bid. You saw what happened to P. View just 3 short years ago when they had the wins for an at-large bid. The NCAA would have had to wait on the SWAC to finish their regular season schedule just to see if P. View would even be available for the spot.

The SWAC regular season schedule finishes when the BC finishes. That happens to be the same day the 1st round of playoff games start.

Why do you keep tryin to make a connection between what happened to ya'll to the current situation. The NCAA banned you from the SCG. The NCAA did NOT ban JSU and SU from the SCG. What is so hard to understand about that? Seriously?
I thought the NCAA banned yall from the post season. (just as the NCAA banned ASU from the post season, that's the connection) Do you have a link to the actual ruling?

So in other words, the rules are no different. Thanks for playing.

We are in 2011. What gets me if that my preposition to move the Bayou Classic considers one of ALL 10 teams of the SWAC being SWAC Champions (THIS INCLUDES SU AND GRAMBLING)

What advantage does it give SU or Grambling to play the BC so close to the playoffs if they are the SWAC Champion and the team they play in the first round has 2-3 weeks to prepare while they as SWAC Champions will only have one. That sounds like a major disadvantage to me.

Go back and read that statute that Jafus posted.

Even though I have tried to keep ALL my comments above board, I'll say that as for playing dumb, I might not think you're playing.....

carry on...

MH, can you answer ONE question. The Presidents voted to keep us out of Bham. Why didn't the NCAA post-season ban cover the SCG?

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop

I thought the NCAA banned yall from the post season. (just as the NCAA banned ASU from the post season, that's the connection) Do you have a link to the actual ruling?

The NCAA banned you from the post season and from the SCG.

The NCAA banned us from the post-season. The Presidents banned us from the SCG.

How do you know that the SWAC would have banned you from the SCG?

Which means that SU didn't care about the playoffs!!!! There is no excuse if we didn't care about playing in the playoffs.
And it was damm the rest that did............RIGHT? :lol:
You just posting to be posting, proving my point about a fractured, non-cohesive conference. No other conference in the country has more tails wagging the dog than the SWAC.

Thank you again for proving my point about us being a disfunctional conference where everybody is out for SELF instead of the overall good of the conference in FCS.................. :wavey:

So YOUR point is that the NCAA banned us from the SCG? ...and there was no need for the Presidents to vote? even though your commissioner and others have told you that the NCAA did not ban us from the SCG and that was left up to the Presidents? :lol:

From my understanding, I was told that SU didn't care about going to the playoffs

~shruggs~ and still don't

We are in 2011. What gets me if that my preposition to move the Bayou Classic considers one of ALL 10 teams of the SWAC being SWAC Champions (THIS INCLUDES SU AND GRAMBLING)

What advantage does it give SU or Grambling to play the BC so close to the playoffs if they are the SWAC Champion and the team they play in the first round has 2-3 weeks to prepare while they as SWAC Champions will only have one. That sounds like a major disadvantage to me.

You still haven't answered the question about how SU and Grambling will make up the lost revenue of 500,000 dollars apiece and how you're going to make up the funds for other sports programs that depend on that money if they were to move the time of the BC?

Will making the playoffs make up the almost million dollars they'd lose? Will NBC give them another Saturday all by themselves to showcase their schools? Just askin.

I don't know, especially considering how the ban included the SCG in 2009. Do you have a link to the ruling from the NCAA?

MH, that was a TOTALLY different ruling. Whatever you did made the NCAA take an extra step for you that obviously they didn't take for us. They CLEARLY did not ban us from the SCG.

I would to bet if SU tried to make a bid to get in the playoff, which has me to think that they never tried, because in the 90s and so on before we could pack a stadium and bring monies to an event, so I think that SU was making more money from the B.C and the Hertiage Bowl to even worry about going there, if I could remember correctly, I don't think it was a thing that SU couldn't play in the playoffs, it was a factor of how much money would we lose if we did play in there

If some of you are blind to see that PLAYOFF EXPOSURE BRINGS OPPORTUNITY THEN DAMN IT ALL!!!!! (Thanks GR)

Give us an example of the opportunity playoff exposure brings.

How do you know that the SWAC would have banned you from the SCG?
The SWAC would not have had to ban us from the SCG. The NCAA already had done that by banning us from the post season and basically spelling out what the post season means. Again, do you have a link to the actual ruling on the 2011 ban?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back