The SWAC Doesn’t Realize The Mistake It Made Against Grambling, Jackson State & South

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: The SWAC Doesn’t Realize The Mistake It Made Against Grambling, Jackson State & S

10 pages....

Re: The SWAC Doesn’t Realize The Mistake It Made Against Grambling, Jackson State & S

Tell your presidents to vote us out of the conference, then.

Oops I forgot, Alcorn's prez is so scared of JSU that he won't vote at ALL.

Once again, LOOK AT THE BIG PICTURE!!!!

Every team in the SWAC needs the SWAC more than the SWAC needs them. Remember that.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop

Yeah, riggghhhttt!

Go back and read posts #31, #45, #59, #66, #71, #75, #83 and many of the others I posted. Hell, I posted so much that the NCAA banned ASU that rob took to saying it in his posts.
:lol:
:scared:

We are NOT going to get an at-large bid. No way, no how. As 83 posted earlier, what would those teams have to gain by playing us? If we lose, we lose nothing. If they lose, they mess up their playoff seeding.

The Truth is the Truth.....The Bayou Classic is in the Way. Alabama State, I feel, would be willing to be Team Players and move their game with Tuskegee. It is after all a NON-CONFERENCE GAME!!!! Why can't Grambling and Southern be Team Players as Well?

Not true at all. McNeese wanted to play SU to finish out their contract just a year or two ago. Just a few years ago, JSU consistently played Northwestern and other schools.
It has more to do with scheduling issues by our AD's, not whether a team has something to lose or not.

Didn't McNeese State play Grambling and Southern? Didn't Grambling play Portland State? Didn't Texas Southern play Texas State?

See post #164.
All is explained.

SU played McNeese 1 time in 2004. McNeese never got their rematch. Another "cross-town" instate revenue match. Not the FCS power from far away wanting to schedule them. All these are "local" games.

The only other FCS team scheduled not called an HBCU for SU are locals Northwestern and Nichols from 1992 to 2002. Northwestern and Nichols are the only 2 OOC PWC FCS Playoff Eligible teams SU has scheduled since 1982 when they also played Southeastern Louisana.

Last edited:

Go back and read posts #31, #45, #59, #66, #71, #75, #83 and many of the others I posted. Hell, I posted so much that the NCAA banned ASU that rob took to saying it in his posts.
:lol:
Continue to tap :happydance: MH. Here, let me provide a little music fo ya.
123.gif

Git it MH! Git it!!!
cancan.gif

NCAA banned us, no the SWAC banned us, no the NCAA banned us
Laie_28.gif

The only closed mind here is yours. Once again you ACT like you don't understand just to defend the azz-backwards decisions that have put us behind the FCS curb the last 20 years. You so into posting one-liners, you don't even get what is being said. Look at the schedules and tell me how many OOC Playoff boud teams that is not called a HBCU have your team scheduled in the last 10 years. FBS BEATDOWNS don't count.

Our school isn't worried about the playoffs. Our school is more concerned with winning games, entertaining the fans, and making money to improve our facilities. What has stopped your respective schools from leaving the SWAC? Go join the Southland Conference or the MEAC, so we can get all of this whining off of the

I say if Grambling, Southern, and Alabama State want to keep the games that interfere with the SWAC being in the playoffs, ban them from becoming SWAC Champions and send the next best team we got. Seven SWAC teams over three teams to go to the playoffs are better odds than 3 SWAC Teams holding up 7 from even participating.

If you're going to mandate that Bama State, SU and Grambling change the dates of one their biggest money-making games, how will you replace the lost revenue back to their athletic budget?

The heck with what happened before 1999. I'm talking about 2011. The rules have changed tremendously thus we the SWAC must ADJUST like the MEAC has to the current rules and regulations of participating in the playoffs. And currently in 2011, the Bayou Classic is in the way in relation to the current Rules established by the NCAA.

How are the rules for at-large berths different in 2011 than they were in 1999?

Obviously, it didn't that's why you had to use the term "obviously". LOL!! Give it up MH.:emlaugh:
:retard:

I said "obviously" because it was mandated that our season "end with the playing of our last regularly scheduled, inseason contest." Obviously, that would exclude us from the SCG.

Last edited:

They have not played a non-hbcu playoff bound FCS TEAM in ages yet he here running all this crap about others. :lol: Sad part is, South Dakota was not even FCS when they played them.

Once again, SU is not the ones complaining about the playoffs. If the other 8 schools want to go to the playoffs, I sure don't see it from ya'll OOC performance.

Once again, LOOK AT THE BIG PICTURE!!!!

Every team in the SWAC needs the SWAC more than the SWAC needs them. Remember that.

You're not looking at the big picture. The SU/Grambling game grosses more than 500,000 dollars (supposedly:emlaugh:) for EACH school. How will they be able to replace that amount of money in their athletic budget? Football serves to support other sports as well. If that money's lost, they'd have to cut other sports.

That's the big picture you don't seem to take into account.

Really, like your school hasn't lost to a non-FCS team before.

We lost one time to Delta State. Came back and kicked their azz in the year they made it to the D2 national Championship game.

Ya'll got skull drug by D2's.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop

Once again, SU is not the ones complaining about the playoffs. If the other 8 schools want to go to the playoffs, I sure don't see it from ya'll OOC performance.

SU ain't never complained because SU ain't never went or tried to go.
Never in SU history have you even had the oppertunity to try your hand in the playoffs. Gram went to the playoffs 3 times. Whats SU's excuse while you talking all this OOC performance crap.

Ya'll getting skull drug on the regular by D2's. :smh:

That's a perfect example. Why should a school become a champion of the conference if the NCAA told you that you can't participate in post season play? The problem is that since the SWAC is a part of the CFB FCS division, the SWAC champs receives a bid to play in the FCS playoffs. Since we don't participate in the playoffs, it causes a headache and confusion for everyone i.e. this thread. The other real problem is that we have two divisons within the conference but everyone plays each other due to the stupid 9 game mandate. :retard:

Name one conference in CFB that has this assbackward setup?

Which furthers out point, 9 game mandate aside, JSU is banned from the playoffs for which we ARE qualified. If Alabama State and JSU both go 10-1 and ASU wins the tiebreaker, JSU would likely qualify for the playoffs. However, according to the NCAA ban, we can't go. Therefore, we are totally in compliance with the NCAA ban by allowing teams to go to the SCG. The SWAC Champ does not get an automatic bid to the playoffs. The last SWAC team to participate in the playoffs was JSU and we didn't win the SWAC that year.

:retard:

I said "obviously" because it was mandated that our season "end with the playing of our last regularly scheduled, inseason contest." Obviously, that would exclude us from the SCG.

Post season competition is the key phrase. The NCAA doesn't recognize the SCG as anything. That's not even on their radar screen, that's why it wasn't mentioned or addressed in the infraction against JSU and SU.
Keep playing dumb though cause you're good at it.

Post season competition is the key phrase.
According to you thats the key phrase.

I could just as easily say that according to that SAME definition post season would be any game played after "the playing of the last regularly scheduled, inseason contest"

The heck with what happened before 1999. I'm talking about 2011. The rules have changed tremendously thus we the SWAC must ADJUST like the MEAC has to the current rules and regulations of participating in the playoffs. And currently in 2011, the Bayou Classic is in the way in relation to the current Rules established by the NCAA.

Oh well, just deal with it and move on.

SU ain't never complained because SU ain't never went or tried to go.
Never in SU history have you even had the oppertunity to try your hand in the playoffs. Gram went to the playoffs 3 times. Whats SU's excuse while you talking all this OOC performance crap.

Ya'll getting skull drug on the regular by D2's. :smh:

not even in that 99 year when we went 11-1 you don't think we could have went that year?? juss asking

How are the rules for at-large berths different in 2011 than they were in 1999?

The SWAC is not getting an at-large bid. I don't many of you realize how the SWAC is look at outside of our conference. We aren't looked at in a very good light...:smh:.

If an HBCU Conference like the MEAC can get an AUTOMATIC BID, why should we, The SWAC, another HBCU conference, settle with HOPING for an AT-LARGE BID rather than having an AUTOMATIC BID as well.

According to you thats the key phrase.

I could just as easily say that according to that SAME definition post season would be any game played after "the playing of the last regularly scheduled, inseason contest"

Technically and according to the NCAA, the SCG game IS the last scheduled regular season game. Why? Because THEY don't recognize it as a post season game. Like I said though, keep playing dumb.

At least they ain't saying "WE SCURRRRRRRRRED TO TRY." :lol:
I accepted the fact that people in this conference want to go the easy route and make every excuse in the book on not competing in FCS nationally.

1.) This is not a playoff discussion

2.) No one cares about the playoffs

3.) IF the MEAC could have a successful championship game, they would dump the playoffs.

4.) Our Presidents and Commish did what was best for the conference by allowing the continuation of the BC and TDC and creating a SCG.

5.) No one cares about the playoffs.

Technically and according to the NCAA, the SCG game IS the last scheduled regular season game.
Go back and read that statute that Jafus posted.

Even though I have tried to keep ALL my comments above board, I'll say that as for playing dumb, I might not think you're playing.....

carry on...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back