The 74th Annual Magic City Classic

Lol I'm straight on the money it's the principle. The shuttle used to be free. Paying is going to slow it down significantly
So they charging now? I understand why, but they know you have to tell black people these things up front or they gonna show out.

upload_2015-10-30_14-42-1.png

New video display unveiled at Legion Field in time for Magic City Classic

By Kelsey Stein | kstein@al.com
Follow on Twitter
on October 30, 2015 at 11:27 AM, updated October 30, 2015 at 1:28 PM

The bright colors pop on the brand-new video display unveiled this week at Legion Field.

In August, the city council approved a resolution authorizing the purchase and installation of the $1.4 million scoreboard. Councilman Jay Roberson worked with representatives from Coca-Cola, who offset some of the cost and freed up funds for other enhancements at the venue.

"We are excited to utilize the scoreboard tomorrow to provide a great fan experience for the Magic City Classic," Roberson said.

The scoreboard was unveiled Thursday, just in time for the annual classic, which draws thousands of tailgaters and football fans.

http://www.al.com/news/birmingham/i...display_unveiled_at.html#incart_story_package

Last edited:

ATTENDANCE 63,874

light rain 1st 2nd quarter
heavy rain late 3rd quarter/rest of the game with 90% of the crowd leaving before conditions got worse

Magic City Classic a day of fun, fashion, food and football

By Carla Jean Whitley | cwhitley@al.com
Follow on Twitter
on October 31, 2015 at 7:54 PM

The party starts early and runs late at the Magic City Classic, the annual meeting of the Alabama A&M Bulldogs and the Alabama State Hornets. Saturday's 74th annual event was no exception. The game drew 63,874, and celebrants continued tailgating during the game as well.

http://www.al.com/entertainment/index.ssf/2015/10/highlights_from_magic_city_cla.html

What is the name of the former University of Alabama football player that donated $20,000 to the MCC?
Marcell Dareus, DT with the Buffalo Bills.
Reading his story, he does a helluva lot of service and giving. A couple of weeks ago when the Bills played the Titans in Nashville, he brought up 7 busloads of kids from his old neighborhoods in Bham. Close to 400 kids
I tip my cap to that guy.

:(:(
From weather:
100% chance of rain. Thunderstorms. Potential for heavy rainfall. 1 to 2 inches of rain expected. That old 2nd level overhang at Legion Field would come in handy now.

Many people said the same thing. At least A&M folks were able to run to the top under the press box. :(

Back