SWAC presidents on 7-game: Not so fast

Status
Not open for further replies.
mighty hornet said:
lmao that you "have been in talks with BCC"
:lmao::lmao:

I guess that's suppose to be impressive, much like how you could have "had a MEAC school or a Southland school, but yet yall "wanted Paul Quinn"
:lol::lol::lol:

ummm, go study your history kid. You'll find out about the pipeline between Alabama and Michigan. btw, I was looking at my new alumni directory last night. ASU is mighty deep in Detroit.

No one is disputing that. However, you still don't have more drawing power that we have in Detroit. One reason is that you don't have a recognizable band. The BOOM would balance out the interest that the number of Alumni don't. Also, I am looking at my directory now. You may have more alumni in the area than we do but Michigan takes up a 2/3 of TWO pages and half of that is Metro Detroit. 1/3 of a page is within the city limits of Detroit. Maybe your Michigan pages look like our 4 Chicago pages.

JR said:
Nah, their biggest home game this year will be against SU. They don't even show up for their own homecoming unless it's SU and even then it isn't sold out(been there for the last 2 SU games(04 & 02 in Hville). Heck even MD said many times on here that the AAMU faithful likes to travel to away games rather than attend home games.

I remember when they laughed at JSU because we had 14K for Homecoming 2 years ago. That was a down year for us becasue fans were boycotting but they only had 14k this year and they were 9-2....LOL smalltime

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
CEE DOG said:
The funny thing about this that SU, JSU and GSU presidents voted the same way AAMU, ALSU, ASU, UAPB, TXSU, PVU, and MVSU presidents did, but all you keep hearing is what SU, JSU and GSU fans wanted. This tells me one or two things either your schools are in the same boat as AAMU, ALSU, ASU, UAPB, TXSU, PVU, and MVSU or you all (the fans) are living in la la land about what you Think your schools are. If any one can prove that the presidents voted 7 to 3 then I will admit you are the SWAC, if not will you uniformed posters please move on and join your Alumni boards to find out what is really going on!!!!!! Lets be real the SWAC schools are broke. Black folks would rather buy expensive cloths and cars with big rims before they give $100.00 to their schools. Some of us don?t even give money to the church let alone give money to our schools. Stop fronting please.
The vote was postponed for the Presidents until after football season. Unless, you are referrring to the vote that got us to the 9 game mandate.

CEE DOG said:
The funny thing about this that SU, JSU and GSU presidents voted the same way AAMU, ALSU, ASU, UAPB, TXSU, PVU, and MVSU presidents did, but all you keep hearing is what SU, JSU and GSU fans wanted. This tells me one or two things either your schools are in the same boat as AAMU, ALSU, ASU, UAPB, TXSU, PVU, and MVSU or you all (the fans) are living in la la land about what you Think your schools are. If any one can prove that the presidents voted 7 to 3 then I will admit you are the SWAC, if not will you uniformed posters please move on and join your Alumni boards to find out what is really going on!!!!!! Lets be real the SWAC schools are broke. Black folks would rather buy expensive cloths and cars with big rims before they give $100.00 to their schools. Some of us don?t even give money to the church let alone give money to our schools. Stop fronting please.

What does a vote tell you when they keep going back and forth on votes?? Also, just becasue someone voted for something does not mean that they all voted for the SAME reason.

GRAM4LIFE said:
The vote was postponed for the Presidents until after football season. Unless, you are referrring to the vote that got us to the 9 game mandate.

It's good that they are not making a hasty decision. This will give the AD's and coaches some time to present their case and let this decision be made final. If we are going to a 7 game format in 2007, the AD's need to start looking for opponents yesterday. Maybe if the 7 game format gets passed, it won't come into effect until 2008.

Actually, Cee and Jafus please correct me if I'm wrong. I believe the vote was 10-0 on all fronts. Presidents, Coaches and AD's. Obviously times are changing, ever so slightly. I believe what we have is a tendency in the SWAC is to rubber stamp whatever we do. So even if there are dissenters, when the actual vote gets cast that person/those people usually side with the majority and make it unanimous. But somebody forgot to tell Frazier that this time :lol:

But this is much ado about nothing. Either the SWAC keeps it's current revenue sharing model (what some of ya'll call welfare) or they make wholesale changes and create a caste system within the conference. Talk to your respective Pres and see where they are, help them decide.

Tigerpride said:
No one is disputing that. However, you still don't have more drawing power that we have in Detroit.
TP,
It really doesnt make sense for you to just keep on posting your foolishness. :smh:

ASU in Detroit in 2003 ----attendance 54,951
ASU in Detroit in 2004-----attendance 45,713
JSU in Detroit in 2005-----attendance 21,130

End of story.

:smh:

Mr. Tiger said:
This is more of a discussion about the HAVES and the HAVE-NOTS. The bottom line is the HAVES want more scheduling flexibility to max their earning potential and to attempt to keep up in a world of athletics that cost increasingly more each year.
While the HAVE-NOTS are concerned that schedule flexibility will lead to losing guaranteed paydays that allow them to make their budget. Now, it is up to the school presidents to decide whether it wants to hold the HAVE back to help the HAVE-NOTS or allow the HAVES to proceed and hope the HAVE-NOTS don't fall further behind financially.

It was the HAVES that pushed this whole thing anyway and they need the income to make their budget more than the HAVE NOTS.

Fiyah said:
It was the HAVES that pushed this whole thing anyway and they need the income to make their budget more than the HAVE NOTS.

Couldn't the haves have thought, "We know the "have-nots" need help scheduling and maybe we should try to help them until they get off their asses and push their programs up."

PVU has. UAPB has to an extent. Both the Bamas have to some point.

Now the "haves" maybe be realizing what they gave up or see that they need that extra income to improve things (Southern, Jackson St., and Alcorn) or just keep their name in lights (Grambling).

mighty hornet said:
TP,
It really doesnt make sense for you to just keep on posting your foolishness. :smh:

ASU in Detroit in 2003 ----attendance 54,951
ASU in Detroit in 2004-----attendance 45,713
JSU in Detroit in 2005-----attendance 21,130

End of story.

The week of Katrina.

jag4life said:
The week of Katrina.

Yep.................The population of Jacktown/surrounding area was in one big traffic jam or in a 2 hour gas line.
Detroit was not on anyones mind.:look:

SU Jag 79,

Couldn't the haves have thought, "We know the "have-nots" need help scheduling and maybe we should try to help them until they get off their asses and push their programs up."

PVU has. UAPB has to an extent. Both the Bamas have to some point.

Now the "haves" maybe be realizing what they gave up or see that they need that extra income to improve things (Southern, Jackson St., and Alcorn) or just keep their name in lights (Grambling).

You may believe what you will. But, that simply was not the case.

Bengal E,

Actually, Cee and Jafus please correct me if I'm wrong. I believe the vote was 10-0 on all fronts. Presidents, Coaches and AD's. Obviously times are changing, ever so slightly. I believe what we have is a tendency in the SWAC is to rubber stamp whatever we do. So even if there are dissenters, when the actual vote gets cast that person/those people usually side with the majority and make it unanimous. But somebody forgot to tell Frazier that this time

But this is much ado about nothing. Either the SWAC keeps it's current revenue sharing model (what some of ya'll call welfare) or they make wholesale changes and create a caste system within the conference. Talk to your respective Pres and see where they are, help them decide.

The SWAC ADs did not recommend nor support the original 9 game mandate.

AAMU Alum said:
Another liar in the midst.

The AAMU/SU game in 02 was in INDY, when you got your @ss beat at the RCA Dome. I guess you forgot. Still, none of your diatribe means a thing. (See Cee Dog's post above.)

So I missed the 02 by a year or so. 00 then dammit. Heck I am getting older. But like I said the last 2 times we played in Hville, I was there. Same result.

You know what it useless even posting with some of you. Believe what you want to. You heard it hear first. The SWAC will go the way the old SWC did. I give us about 5-10 years and it will be over with. Soon as some folks with some different thinking get into the Presidents offices at some of the schools, you will see an exodus. Money rules. Cee Dog is right we are all broke, some more than others. One of the reasons is because we can't generate the revenue that we need. So guess what........we need those 4 games to play around with. Just be thankful I am not the President of SU. LOL

JR said:
Cee Dog is right we are all broke, some more than others. One of the reasons is because we can't generate the revenue that we need. So guess what........we need those 4 games to play around with. Just be thankful I am not the President of SU. LOL

Exactly. We are all have-nots but we could be "have a little bit more" if certain schools were content with letting us make more money than them.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Tigerpride said:
Exactly. We are all have-nots but we could be "have a little bit more" if certain schools were content with letting us make more money than them.

Who the hell are the certain schools? Can't you read? Hell, you've been told time and again that EVERYBODY'S presidents voted for that mandate!

Are you an illiterate, or do you just enjoy playing one on this forum?

JR said:
You know what it useless even posting with some of you. Believe what you want to.

That's the one thing you've posted that we can agree on.

I'll say it again.....GO READ CEE DOG'S POST...and let it "sink" in deep this time.

Some of you are so busy kissing your own arses, that you've got your heads stuck up in them.

JR said:
You know what it useless even posting with some of you. Believe what you want to. You heard it hear first. The SWAC will go the way the old SWC did. I give us about 5-10 years and it will be over with. Soon as some folks with some different thinking get into the Presidents offices at some of the schools, you will see an exodus. Money rules. Cee Dog is right we are all broke, some more than others. One of the reasons is because we can't generate the revenue that we need. So guess what........we need those 4 games to play around with. Just be thankful I am not the President of SU. LOL

:idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :nod:

AAMU Alum said:

I'll say it again.....GO READ CEE DOG'S POST...and let it "sink" in deep this time.

Some of you are so busy kissing your own arses, that you've got your heads stuck up in them.

Can't you talk without showing your ignorance.....................you don't have to cuss everybody out to get your point across.

Every 2nd word is an insult or some put down..............on EVERY BOARD you post on.

staggalee83 said:
Can't you talk without showing your ignorance.....................you don't have to cuss everybody out to get your point across.

Every 2nd word is an insult or some put down..............on EVERY BOARD you post on.

You shole is right frat. But as Get Ready would say........that's how he was raised. The sad thing is I don't think he is a youngster either.

Where did I curse in that post? A put down...get real!! You and the "so called haves" are attemping a put-down of others in this entire thread. Can you say...HYPOCRISY? Why don' t you two high and noble priests try reading some of the other posts on this thread since you wish to call out folks for "cussin'"

If I really cared what either of you thought, your posts might mean something...but since I don't....you can chill with your sudden "moral" posturing on this forum. You "so called haves" really slay me!

:rolleyes:

AAMU Alum said:

ahhhhhhhhhhhhh...............:look:

AAMU Alum said:
Who the hell are the certain schools? Can't you read? Hell, you've been told time and again that EVERYBODY'S presidents voted for that mandate!

Are you an illiterate, or do you just enjoy playing one on this forum?

Aahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh..................:look:

staggalee83 said:
Care to answer the question I posed up there in the last sentence.:look:

Your president voted for it (the 9 game mandate, as you've been told a million times.) Ask him.

Maybe I should have been asking YOU that question as well as tp.

Aaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh....:look:

AAMU Alum said:
Your president voted for it (as you've been told a million times.) Ask him.

And just like University PRESIDENT's................Sport's is way down the list of priorities when these people meet.
OUR AD and COACH voted against it..........................you know, the people who's job it is to LOOK OUT FOR THE BEST INTEREST OF JSU ATHELETIC's like we hired them to do.

READ.......................I asked a question to all the 9-game mandate SUPPORTERS on this board.

The question was:

Tell me 1 dang way JSU BENIFIT's from a 9-game mandate. Tell me how a 9-game mandate is better for JSU than a 7 game mandate.

Considering with a 7 game mandate ............JSU got 4 games "free" every year instead of 1.:nod:

I'm waiting for all the answers to start rolling in.:look:
We have all heard how the "other end" benifit's.
We ain't getting squat out of this crap...................except sacrafice.:smh:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back