SWAC and MEAC announcement this afternoon "Celebration Bowl"

Status
Not open for further replies.
If I was an Exec at ESPN who worked to put this game on, after seeing the comments in this forum and in the MEAC forum, I would pull the offer and tell both conferences to pound sand. I'll let the MEAC have their one and done in the FCS and the SWAC have their SCG.

No exec would give a crap about what knuckleheads on a blog would say....and its kinda hard to look 20 years down the line when our hbcus are in dire straits now!

Yall don't get what BigHead is saying,

Black folks don't have money like the Bill Clinton days. Take away GSU, SU, JSU, Alcorn. Now take away UAPB and AAMU because they joined the conference at a later date.

Do the remaining SWAC Members have ANY history against MEAC opponents?

What you ninja's aren't getting "Y'ALL SAID THE SAME THING ABOUT THE SCG"

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Man Look..yall don't get it Lol
Look here ask yourself how is the dayum Rose Bowl is always heavy attended even though the sh't comes on TV? The orange bowl is heavy attended you could have a sad ass big 10 team that doesn't even travel but the Rose Bowl will still be packed..ask yourself how is this and this has nothing to do with budgets and any other crap yall wanna try and through in. It's 2 school that's playing in the Rose Bowl if the Rose Bowl had Oregon State and Northwestern playing it would generate the Same amount of money that the Rose Bowl in 1986 did..asks yourself why is this the case..If they take the Rose Bowl off TV and don't do NO coverage the bih will still be packed as well as if they came out with a bowl called the Railroad Bowl..yall don't understand systems and how things are structure
Yall to busy looking at oh we get 1 million payout...man stupid instead of trying to understand to keep this event and get more Bowls for us going like these other bowls..which is about wha 50 now...yall too worried about the now and not the 20 or 30 years from now with this bowl game..This crap is a joke..
One ppl not going cuz it's close to Christmas and please miss me with the whole they have other games on Xmas day and ppl go..and how the heritage bowl was around Xmas in 1991..stop..you know our ppl and I know our and after Year 2.the attendance will be down..yall act like yall can't accept this
Only way to stop this to overhaul our thinking process and understand the system

This game will be a joke trust me..it's either going to be go to the SCG or this game and then it will get to the point where oh if SU or JSU or GSU ain't playing I ain't gonna go..so again we back at square one in Year 4 smh..yall all really don't get my message it's going over heads I see

1. The Rose Bowl is THE OLDEST bowl game. It traditionally drew teams from the Big 10 because who wants to stay in the cold midwest in January when they can go to California for a game. You also forget the corporate money that flows through that game as well.
2. Northwestern went to the Rose Bowl in 1995 (losing to USC with Keyshawn Johnson) when the current head coach Pat Fitzgerald was PLAYING for Northwestern. Before then, the Wildcats hadn't won the Big 10 since 1936.
3. People go to the Rose Bowl like they go to the Magic City or Bayou Classic ... it's an event now.

But pimp, I'm really trying to understand the gist you saying "understand the system." Would you be satisfied if attendance went down in Year 2, but corporate dollars to the conferences increase ... which in turn helps our schools? I want to understand your "only way to stop this (is) to overhaul our thinking process and understand the system" statement.

Make me understand. Explain what steps need to be taken.

The college football landscape has changed tremendously thanks to the Power 5. Smaller FBS conferences and FCS schools themselves have to make adjustments in regard to the changes in the college football landscape. When the Heritage Bowl was around, college football WAS NOT like it is now. You have to adapt.

Man development in
...and some of you are damn crazy if you think Arthur Blank will just let 20,000-40,000 black folks sit in his new stadium without them helping him lower his financial liabilities.

Man 20k..maybe the 1st couple ye
1. The Rose Bowl is THE OLDEST bowl game. It traditionally drew teams from the Big 10 because who wants to stay in the cold midwest in January when they can go to California for a game. You also forget the corporate money that flows through that game as well.
2. Northwestern went to the Rose Bowl in 1995 (losing to USC with Keyshawn Johnson) when the current head coach Pat Fitzgerald was PLAYING for Northwestern. Before then, the Wildcats hadn't won the Big 10 since 1936.
3. People go to the Rose Bowl like they go to the Magic City or Bayou Classic ... it's an event now.

But pimp, I'm really trying to understand the gist you saying "understand the system." Would you be satisfied if attendance went down in Year 2, but corporate dollars to the conferences increase ... which in turn helps our schools? I want to understand your "only way to stop this (is) to overhaul our thinking process and understand the system" statement.

Make me understand. Explain what steps need to be taken.

The college football landscape has changed tremendously thanks to the Power 5. Smaller FBS conferences and FCS schools themselves have to make adjustments in regard to the changes in the college football landscape. When the Heritage Bowl was around, college football WAS NOT like it is now. You have to adapt.

1. So you saying tradition is the reason the Rose Bowl is relevant now? Big brother what yall are not getting the point and seem to dance around is that in 1941 it wasn't tradition that made ppl go to this game..it's well attended now because of tradition but in 1944 that wasn't the case and my point is that this bowl has GREW into the granddaddy of bowls..ask yourself how this happened?? How did this game that started in 1936 and in 2015 is the dayum near watched by everyone...Do you think it's because of the Big 10 colleges wanting to play in warm weather? Please if you can answer that or anyone then we can talk until then you won't be able to understand my point...Let's not focus on this game I'll give you another bowl game that had to start...The Fiesta bowl...Do you think it became the Fiesta bowl of today just because of umm the teams that's playing in it now?

The 2nd is a reason for Northwestern to travel to the Rose Bowl since you want to say this..so why do you think that the Rose Bowl is packed every year no matter whose in it..The bad news bears could be playing USC and you don't think that the will NOT be packed..Do you really think it's the teams that making this game work every year..and before you lean on oh the media talk about..Let's take again all of the media outlets out and Let's even say this game was played in 1952
Would this bowl game be heavy attended?
If this game was to be moved and played in North Carolina in December and you had Oregon State vs Wisconsin playing in it.. would that bowl game be attended? No media coverage..played in 1981..would this game be well attended

The last part of what you said is adapt and you see what the Power 5 is doing investing within..
They are forcing the media to come to them not the other way around..they know that they can set their price for these TV contracts to be obtain..The SEC has its own network so why not ask yourself what is it that they are doing so well that why we can't get a SWAC or MEAC contract to have our own network
Our own gameday panel our own brand..Our own..why must we accept a million dollar payout for 1 game to be had and we all know in years to come the sh't will be a big joke.
The system that is setup is very easy and it works...the game is a game within the game and that's where we are so far behind and we think this game will get us back on the map lol or wherever yall think it will put us..oh I forgot 2 hrs on ESPN lol..man yall so brain washed it's sad..but the better yall understand systems the better we as a ppl can move forward and have our own instead of being happy for 1 million payout
Lol..man some schools budgets are 1 million dollars just to travel and before all this talk about well they have big budget no no..they know how to make money and use their money to make more and set things on auto pilot to generate more money...look at the Rose Bowl and orange bowl and other bowls..Our asses be so glad to get a celebration bowl and be happy lol and get mad with me when I call that crap weak..think pennies you get pennies..
Like I said this is deeper than rap lol..smh..yall will understand one day..I guess just not today.

Well the Rose Bowl WAS moved to Duke's campus in North Carolina because of the potential for Japanese attack during World War II. Attendance was still good.

If I'm understanding you correctly, while you're using a bad analogy of the Rose Bowl, it grew as it became more popular over the last century and change of its existence. And why you're asking to take media out of it in 1952. You do know that network TV was about 20 years old at the time and live broadcasts of games were somewhat new. Radio was live and popping then as America was coming out of World War II.

So let me ask you this, what can be done to grow the Celebration Bowl? Please enlighten me.

Actually the Rose Bowl was a game for the Pac-10 and Big Ten champions. The Rose Bowl was the last bowl game to join the BCS Championship game rotation. The original bowl game still try to select whichever two teams that wins the Pac-10 and Big Ten, but the BCS championship game now the BCS playoff game can be any of the 4 top teams to play in the Rose Bowl.

Last edited:
The last part of what you said is adapt and you see what the Power 5 is doing investing within..
They are forcing the media to come to them not the other way around..they know that they can set their price for these TV contracts to be obtain..The SEC has its own network so why not ask yourself what is it that they are doing so well that why we can't get a SWAC or MEAC contract to have our own network
Our own gameday panel our own brand..Our own..why must we accept a million dollar payout for 1 game to be had and we all know in years to come the sh't will be a big joke.
The system that is setup is very easy and it works...the game is a game within the game and that's where we are so far behind and we think this game will get us back on the map lol or wherever yall think it will put us..oh I forgot 2 hrs on ESPN lol..man yall so brain washed it's sad..but the better yall understand systems the better we as a ppl can move forward and have our own instead of being happy for 1 million payout
Lol..man some schools budgets are 1 million dollars just to travel and before all this talk about well they have big budget no no..they know how to make money and use their money to make more and set things on auto pilot to generate more money...look at the Rose Bowl and orange bowl and other bowls..Our asses be so glad to get a celebration bowl and be happy lol and get mad with me when I call that crap weak..think pennies you get pennies..
Like I said this is deeper than rap lol..smh..yall will understand one day..I guess just not today.

No one forces ESPN to cover anything. People think ESPN is a news network. No, the E in ESPN stands for "Entertainment!" Always have, always will. ESPN will cover what it wants that will drive ratings, which in turn drives advertising revenue.

Actually Texas has its own Network...therefore Texas is greater than the SEC in that regard. Plus currently, the Pac-12's contract is larger than the SEC's mainly because the Pac 12 schools are in all of the major West Coast media markets along with Las Vegas.

What you're failing to realize that the landscape is vastly different now than it was in the mid-90s. There are actually more avenues to generate money and like it or not the SWAC and MEAC have a unique product.

So do you want TV One to broadcast black college football? Radio One to take over radio broadcast?

Why do you constantly use the FBS schools as your examples....that's comparing oranges to sweet potatoes. What about the great TV deals the Southern Conference, CAA, Big Sky and OVC have? Let's check their conference coffers then compare to the SWAC and MEAC.

Actually the Rose Bowl was game for the Pac-10 and Big Ten champions. The Rose Bowl was the last bowl game to join the BCS Championship game rotation. The original bowl game still try to select whichever two teams that wins the Pac-10 and Big Ten, but the BCS championship game now the BCS playoff game can be any of the 4 top teams to play in the Rose Bowl.

Don't tell me ... tell him lol

Well the Rose Bowl WAS moved to Duke's campus in North Carolina because of the potential for Japanese attack during World War II. Attendance was still good.

If I'm understanding you correctly, while you're using a bad analogy of the Rose Bowl, it grew as it became more popular over the last century and change of its existence. And why you're asking to take media out of it in 1952. You do know that network TV was about 20 years old at the time and live broadcasts of games were somewhat new. Radio was live and popping then as America was coming out of World War II.

So let me ask you this, what can be done to grow the Celebration Bowl? Please enlighten me.

Don't have it for starters and build within
We have stuff to work out with our own conference
I been said re arrange the conferences..since the power 5 have their thing..what powers that need to be done we should have our own Power 5..balance conference schedules for one..8 games with 12 games total to play..and you can schedule games from the other schools..product on the field is getting better. The ppl on the sidelines are getting younger..make the game younger in a sense and it's a concept that is hard to explain in words
Play our own..I repeat play our own..
Have our own panel to give coverage of games..
And once this is established then you can start pumping out bowl games and stuff..The build up and want will be there now it's just oh take the million dollar payout hell if ESPN offerred 5k to each school yall would be hooray hooray over it smh..you have to invest within to even get on their level and see real money...this crap what we doing will never get us where we should be..This just an overview of some of the stuff but it's more in depth that needs to be done to have this bowl game seating 60 plus EVERY year..

No one forces ESPN to cover anything. People think ESPN is a news network. No, the E in ESPN stands for "Entertainment!" Always have, always will. ESPN will cover what it wants that will drive ratings, which in turn drives advertising revenue.

Actually Texas has its own Network...therefore Texas is greater than the SEC in that regard. Plus currently, the Pac-12's contract is larger than the SEC's mainly because the Pac 12 schools are in all of the major West Coast media markets along with Las Vegas.

What you're failing to realize that the landscape is vastly different now than it was in the mid-90s. There are actually more avenues to generate money and like it or not the SWAC and MEAC have a unique product.

So do you want TV One to broadcast black college football? Radio One to take over radio broadcast?

Why do you constantly use the FBS schools as your examples....that's comparing oranges to sweet potatoes. What about the great TV deals the Southern Conference, CAA, Big Sky and OVC have? Let's check their conference coffers then compare to the SWAC and MEAC.

Don't tell me ... tell him lol

Tell me how did the Rose Bowl grew though?
What made it to what it is today

do you believe that the Celebration Bowl will get to that status

Well let me ask you do you think the Celebration Bowl will have 35k- 50k ppl in it every year?

I know that's why I was going to see if weather had a part in the game being as big as it is today Lol.
It was cold and the game still was well attended sooo..weather? Lol

Tell me how did the Rose Bowl grew though?
What made it to what it is today

do you believe that the Celebration Bowl will get to that status

Well let me ask you do you think the Celebration Bowl will have 35k- 50k ppl in it every year?

You're avoiding the question, which tells me all you really want is to find fault.

Again, why are you comparing us to an FBS school weeks budget and alumni base is ten times that of ours.

Why are you ignoring the fact that we have successful games to model off of , like the BC, MCC, TDC, etc?

Bighead, the money generated by bowl games is not driven by attendance, tho. The sponsors guarantee the money. That's why these poorly attended bowl games still exists. When a sponsor feels it's not worth it, they drop out first chance they get. Then another one steps in. As long as folk are watching the games and see the sponsors name plastered on the game, they good. That's why we now have the sponsor names in the bowl game. There's your money. Ticket sales have some value, but not nearly as much as you and braveheart think.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Bighead, the money generated by bowl games is not driven by attendance, tho. The sponsors guarantee the money. That's why these poorly attended bowl games still exists. When a sponsor feels it's not worth it, they drop out first chance they get. Then another one steps in. As long as folk are watching the games and see the sponsors name plastered on the game, they good. That's why we now have the sponsor names in the bowl game. There's your money. Ticket sales have some value, but not nearly as much as you and braveheart think.

Thanks Robber,

That's why these lower-tier bowl be having freebie tickets. Sponsors get theirs off top after footing the bill.

C'mon Bighead, about six different people asked you what would YOUR strategy be. But yet, you're spouting off conspiracy theories and nonsense. C'mon bruh, fill us in on your strategy.

Is that all I had to say? LOL

Somebody or anybody answer this question

Tell me why the Peach Bowl is still around and it draws alot of ppl?? I'll wait on that answer

and when you answer that, ask yourself will this Celebration Bowl still be around in 2027, I bet the Peach Bowl will still be around Lol...smh..

You do know that their are plenty of fail bowl games out there and you decide to pick one that's has a big history with a top tier conference.

Lol dude I've been stated some of problems,

Let's do this, you'll prolly be still posting on here umm within the next 5 years or so..Let's say you don't, moved on or whatever the case may be.
Please pull this thread up in 2020 and let's revisit the state of this game, I bet you a 100 dollars to a doughnut that this game won't be drawing 10,000 fans Lol...
But I can guarantee you both conferences will be $6 Million richer.

I'm curious, you don't have to go into a long diatribe either. If you're so against this bowl, are you for the FCS playoffs? If yes, would you want the Bayou Classic dates moved to accommodate the playoffs?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back