SWAC and MEAC announcement this afternoon "Celebration Bowl"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lol my numbers didn't match but my concept applied to what was mentioned in that article LOLOL man yall kills me lmao smh

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
I was speaking in terms of the event not the payout in school/conference with my last post..Lol
But check this out though let me know if this event make to Year 10 and let me know if the pay for each conference will increase or decrease again
What happened to the Soul Bowl?
Smh

I was speaking in terms of the event not the payout in school/conference with my last post..Lol
But check this out though let me know if this event make to Year 10 and let me know if the pay for each conference will increase or decrease again

Wow kid just wow...

You do realize that there was never such a thing as the Soul Bowl.... Right westcoastaggie?

This can't be Bighead ... Mr. "We need to build around Southern like LSU has?"

Question for anybody downing this venture .... do you have season tickets for your school? Do you donate to your school past season tickets? If you don't, then I would have to respectfully say, "Shut the *(%(% up"

The MEAC presidents finally looked at their bottom lines and saw that they could not continue the "game" they were playing anymore.

This can't be Bighead ...[/B] Mr. "We need to build around Southern like LSU has?"

Question for anybody downing this venture .... do you have season tickets for your school? Do you donate to your school past season tickets? If you don't, then I would have to respectfully say, "Shut the *(%(% up"

The MEAC presidents finally looked at their bottom lines and saw that they could not continue the "game" they were playing anymore.

That's what I say to. I'm convince his account has been hacked

Soul Bowl: Slang for the annual game between Alcorn State and Jackson State before it became the Capital City Classic and later the Magnolia Classic.;)

Soul Bowl is the unofficial name of the Alcorn vs Jackson State football game. Like BoomBox is an unofficial name given Southern vs Jackson State football game. Soul Bowl also is slang for any high school football game featuring two historically and predominately black high schools..

Example..in Lake Charles it's what the locals called LCB vs Washington-Marion. In Miami I think it's Jackson vs. Central

How is a contract to make a million dollars annually to play in a bowl game a bad thing???
If they would have included in the press release, that they would be giving away free food and drinks, dude would be all over it lol. Remembering something he posted about SU's Houston Alumni tailgate before the SCG where they had free food and drinks before the game, and he thought that was the best thing ever lol. But if he was a active member he would know the home chater does that at every home game lol.

Hey BigHead,

Watch what happens though. When the MEAC Champion starts kicking the ass of the SWAC Champion on a consistent basis like the SWAC-MEAC Challenge, only then will they listen to you.

The SEC had a documentary on ESPN a while back. The SEC Comissioner at the time was SPECIFIC in saying he needed Alabama to win that 92 game with Florida or his model would have looked like a fool. Alabama won and now he is considered one of the greatest geniuses to have ever graced College Football.

And notice how they are using the excuse of HBCU Athletic Budgets now? But we seem to have no problem paying the likes of Concordia, Bacon, Faith, etc.

They think Duer Sharp wants just any SWAC Champion in the Game.

...and some of you are damn crazy if you think Arthur Blank will just let 20,000-40,000 black folks sit in his new stadium without them helping him lower his financial liabilities.

Why are SWAC Alums upset about an additional game after the SCG that will provide additional funding to the conference? I'm missing something here. The SWAC has not played in the FCS playoffs since 1996 - 29 years ago. Now, there is an opportunity to play another game sponsored by the premier Sports Network in the country that is providing an additional revenue stream for the conference and participating schools. What is the issue? What has the SWAC lost since the last school participated in the FCS Playoffs? How many players who had the talent to play at the next level missed out because they played in the SCG and not the FCS playoffs since 1996? How many Five-Star Recruits decided to go to North Dakota State instead of a SWAC school because they saw them play in the FCS Championship game?

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
...and some of you are damn crazy if you think Arthur Blank will just let 20,000-40,000 black folks sit in his new stadium without them helping him lower his financial liabilities.

So Rich McKay Lied when he spoke at the Press Conference yesterday?

“We’re honored and excited to be involved in the inaugural Celebration Bowl which will feature the champions of the Mid-Eastern Athletic Conference (MEAC) and the champions of the Southwestern Athletic Conference (SWAC). The Falcons have long been strong advocates for historically black college football with our close partnership with the Black College Football Hall of Fame enshrinement dinner each year. We are pleased to partner with ESPN and the Georgia Dome to provide game day services and promotional support in order to help make Atlanta the long term home for this game.” – Rich McKay, Atlanta Falcons President and CEO

Man Look..yall don't get it Lol
Look here ask yourself how is the dayum Rose Bowl is always heavy attended even though the sh't comes on TV? The orange bowl is heavy attended you could have a sad ass big 10 team that doesn't even travel but the Rose Bowl will still be packed..ask yourself how is this and this has nothing to do with budgets and any other crap yall wanna try and through in. It's 2 school that's playing in the Rose Bowl if the Rose Bowl had Oregon State and Northwestern playing it would generate the Same amount of money that the Rose Bowl in 1986 did..asks yourself why is this the case..If they take the Rose Bowl off TV and don't do NO coverage the bih will still be packed as well as if they came out with a bowl called the Railroad Bowl..yall don't understand systems and how things are structure
Yall to busy looking at oh we get 1 million payout...man stupid instead of trying to understand to keep this event and get more Bowls for us going like these other bowls..which is about wha 50 now...yall too worried about the now and not the 20 or 30 years from now with this bowl game..This crap is a joke..
One ppl not going cuz it's close to Christmas and please miss me with the whole they have other games on Xmas day and ppl go..and how the heritage bowl was around Xmas in 1991..stop..you know our ppl and I know our and after Year 2.the attendance will be down..yall act like yall can't accept this
Only way to stop this to overhaul our thinking process and understand the system

This game will be a joke trust me..it's either going to be go to the SCG or this game and then it will get to the point where oh if SU or JSU or GSU ain't playing I ain't gonna go..so again we back at square one in Year 4 smh..yall all really don't get my message it's going over heads I see

If I was an Exec at ESPN who worked to put this game on, after seeing the comments in this forum and in the MEAC forum, I would pull the offer and tell both conferences to pound sand. I'll let the MEAC have their one and done in the FCS and the SWAC have their SCG.

How is a contract to make a million dollars annually to play in a bowl game a bad thing???

I guess because the other FCS conferences are complaining about it while using the same "let them continue to separate themselves from the rest of FCS" and some of them believe it.

MEAC posters: Why we gotta give up our (precious) auto-bid like the SWAC did a long time ago and lose out on competing for a national championship (that no one cares about). We're losing out on exposure and a great recruiting tool by "competing" in the playoffs

If I was an Exec at ESPN who worked to put this game on, after seeing the comments in this forum and in the MEAC forum, I would pull the offer and tell both conferences to pound sand. I'll let the MEAC have their one and done in the FCS and the SWAC have their SCG.

ESPN really should see if another FCS conference like the Southland Conference would like to participate in the game instead of the MEAC Conference..

Yall don't get what BigHead is saying,

Black folks don't have money like the Bill Clinton days. Take away GSU, SU, JSU, Alcorn. Now take away UAPB and AAMU because they joined the conference at a later date.

Do the remaining SWAC Members have ANY history against MEAC opponents?

Yall don't get what BigHead is saying,

Black folks don't have money like the Bill Clinton days. Take away GSU, SU, JSU, Alcorn. Now take away UAPB and AAMU because they joined the conference at a later date.

Do the remaining SWAC Members have ANY history against MEAC opponents?
So, you are counting other folks money?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back