Steal of the draft

Journalist said:
Now NorthernTiger, I think DrMac's point of comparing the Big 10's basketball players to their running backs was that...sure they pump out a lot of undeniable talent, but few if any really go on to true greatness in the NFL....Sure some had a good season or great years (Robert Smith, Anthony Thomas, Eddie George), but they are often marginalized by the slew of injuries that seemingly turn them into role players...I could do you one better....everyone's cautious of Braylon Edwards because of how previous Michigan wideouts have performed...like few people think Larry Johnson, a Penn State running back, will reverse the Nittany Lion RB curse that claimed Blair Thomas, Ki-Jana Carter, Curtis Enis and some other dudes...

This could be said about many player in the NBA. There is no one conference that pumps talent that realizes it's potential consistantly. For evey Jordan, you have 5 to 10 Chris Washburns. These players excluding Davis have had long productive careers in the league. You also can't judge a player by the team they play for as well. Please speak facts and not opinion, Portland and Golden State, nuff' said. How ignorant does that sound. What ever. If that were the case, how could Mitch Richmond and Charles Barkley be perceived? :smh:

Adrain McPherson and Jerome Mathis are steals of the Draft. They will be saying in three years. We are so sorry that we bypassed them.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
northern tiger said:
This could be said about many player in the NBA. There is no one conference that pumps talent that realizes it's potential consistantly. For evey Jordan, you have 5 to 10 Chris Washburns. These players excluding Davis have had long productive careers in the league. You also can't judge a player by the team they play for as well. Please speak facts and not opinion, Portland and Golden State, nuff' said. How ignorant does that sound. What ever. If that were the case, how could Mitch Richmond and Charles Barkley be perceived? :smh:

My opinions about Portland/Golden State aren't ignorant..but is shared by many people that follow the NBA...at least both teams are a step up from Atlanta...Bad front office moves have muddled Portland and Golden State...and they're a lot further off from becoming contenders than what you may believe...so all I hafta say is ...poor Zach Randolph and poor Jason Richardson

Dude, everybody knows what happened to Chris Washburn...bad comparison saying for every Jordan theres a Chris Washburn (drugs and that 86 draft)...At least you could've said Jordan and Kenny Walker...or Kobe and Taj McDavid....some plausible analogy

Now Mitch Richmond came onto G-State and had a run with great talent and a good coach...but FRONT OFFICE changes prompted that decline...

BTW: I was just trying to rationalize DrMac's post.... hence me starting off the post with I think DrMac's point ...now me commenting on that list of Big-10 alums is my opinion, but my opinion is strikingly similar to a great deal who follow the NBA

Back