Steal of the draft

Devil's Gun Trigger Man

onward and upward son!
I really think it was Adrian McPherson going to the Saints, I was hoping the Cowboys would get him and get rid of the Drew Henson project. McPherson got all the tools need to be great. He was getting the job done at FSU till he made that stupid decision. I guess they are tired of boneheaded underachieving Aaron Brooks, so this sends a message.

Devil's Gun Trigger Man said:
I guess they are tired of boneheaded underachieving Aaron Brooks, so this sends a message.

He doesn't underachieve according to his stats...they just say his heart is not in it.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
jag4life said:
He doesn't underachieve according to his stats...they just say his heart is not in it.

stats are VERY misleading, especially in his case. All that offensive talent, ain't no way they should have been struggling like they have.

jag4life said:
No protection, no defense....not necessarily in that order.

I'm not disputing that, but he is the leader of the team and he just hasn't been getting it done. Numbers don't mean jack if u ain't winning, ask Peyton Manning.

I'm not disputing that, but he is the leader of the team and he just hasn't been getting it done. Numbers don't mean jack if u ain't winning, ask Peyton Manning.

Ask Peyton what? His job is not in jeopardy.

Adrian McPherson was a good pickup for the saints. He can help them and help them immediately if Brooks doesn't get it done.

It's going to be interesting seeing how Clarret does in Denver's scheme, also. Their offensive system has led to some very productive running backs lately.

Regards.

Dr. Mac said:
Adrian McPherson was a good pickup for the saints. He can help them and help them immediately if Brooks doesn't get it done.

It's going to be interesting seeing how Clarret does in Denver's scheme, also. Their offensive system has led to some very productive running backs lately.

Regards.

Clarett needs to go get some of them Don Beebe speed tapes quick...cuz a 4.7 or 4.9 40-speed will not get you far in the league...I still say Denver got him too high ...

I kept telling people McPherson is the most interesting pick in the draft....just think with that Arena Football experience...he's probably better than all the QBs in the draft in making his reads and getting rid of the football quickly...plus he runs a 4.5-40..so he can escape the pressure and make plays like that...He's the hungriest, and probably most appreciative, player in this draft with the most to prove...so he's going to be highly motivated...

Let the redemption of Adrian McPherson begin, folks...

Journalist said:
Clarett needs to go get some of them Don Beebe speed tapes quick...cuz a 4.7 or 4.9 40-speed will not get you far in the league...I still say Denver got him too high ...

He's never ran a 4.9. He ran a 4.6 in his last workout. Also...what did Rueben Droughans run? Mike Anderson? Denver has a perfect system for this guy to succeed.

jag4life said:
He's never ran a 4.9. He ran a 4.6 in his last workout. Also...what did Rueben Droughans run? Mike Anderson? Denver has a perfect system for this guy to succeed.

Um Jag4life.....

peep this:

Maurice Clarett's draft profile said:
AGILITY

Campus: 4.66 in the 40-yard dash ? 365-pound bench press ? Bench presses 225 pounds 19 times ? 36?-inch vertical jump ? 9-foot-5 broad jump ? 30 5/8-inch arm length ? 9?-hands ? Right-handed ? Combine: 4.86 in the 40-yard dash ? 2.85 20-yard dash ? 1.69 20-yard dash ? 34-inch vertical jump ? 9-foot-7 broad jump ? Bench pressed 225 pounds 22 times ? 30?-inch arm length ? 9?-inch hands.

http://www.nfl.com/draft/profiles/2005/clarett_maurice

That 4.66 is an old time he ran before last year draft...Now if he ran a 4.86 in this year's combine...then to me...he runs a 4.86..which rounds up to 4.9...which means...he needs to do his damndest to get right...He did too much batchin' and controversy stirrin' to be a bust...he gotta go hard or go home....He made it this way

Tell him to cop that Don Beebe speed tape...and tell him to quickly get in shape..that thin mountain air is no joke!!!

Also he's got one major strike against him: He's a Big 10 running back...they dont' have the greatest of shelf life, ya know..

Dude....he worked out AFTER the combine also and ran that 4.66...so to me he runs a 4.66...his latest time clocked

jag4life said:
Dude....he worked out AFTER the combine also and ran that 4.66...so to me he runs a 4.66...his latest time clocked

I really go by the combine time ... other workouts can be different due to surface ran on/weather/yaddah yaddah... so a 0.2-second differential with the combine and "personal" workouts are not that uncommon. besides..you got damn D-lineman that can run 4.66-4.9...so i guess his role will be a change of pace back.

So how much you think the time away from the game will hurt him...you think he's in good football shape? I honestly didn't care whether Clarett tried to buck the system or not..

he still has a big knock against him: He's a Big 10 running back...they're really not known for their durability...I've never really been sold on Big 10 running backs and this young man isn't any different...

Journalist said:
............. I honestly didn't care whether Clarett tried to buck the system or not..

he still has a big knock against him: He's a Big 10 running back...they're really not known for their durability...I've never really been sold on Big 10 running backs and this young man isn't any different...

Well said about the Big 10 backs (the same can be said about the success of many of their B-ball players also).

And that would also beg the question, if he does have some success, is it him or the Denver system.

Regards.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
BachMegatone said:
Is McPherson the guy that they did that Sportscenter story on and that went to Arena football and all that?

Yep! But I don't believe he's as much of a troublemaker as people seem to think. Although, if he is then New Orleans definitely isn't the place to go and try to clean up your image. If he's looking for trouble he will definitely find it in my great hometown! holla

Dr. Mac said:
Well said about the Big 10 backs (the same can be said about the success of many of their B-ball players also).

And that would also beg the question, if he does have some success, is it him or the Denver system.

Regards.

I say it's the Denver system...how else can you explain a different running back each year getting 1,000-yard seasons starting with Terrell Davis (who I think should go to the Hall of Fame, but another subject at another time)..If it was one guy doing it regardless of personnell...then i'd say it's the runner..

Bach...yes that's Adrian McPherson, the Arena Football Leagues rookie of the year...

Ironically, Steve DeBerg worked with him at Indiana (I think that's where he was)...so it's not like he hasn't totally flew blind...

I really think it was Adrian McPherson going to the Saints, I was hoping the Cowboys would get him and get rid of the Drew Henson project. McPherson got all the tools need to be great. He was getting the job done at FSU till he made that stupid decision. I guess they are tired of boneheaded underachieving Aaron Brooks, so this sends a message.

co-sign

Dr. Mac said:

You gots to be :sick: in the head with that comment.

Let me run it down for the regionalist on this page.

Earvin Johnson
Isiah Thomas
Kendall Gill
Nick Anderson
Chris Webber
Michael Finley
Jalen Rose
Ricky Davis
Steve Smith
J Rich
Zach Randolph
Juwan Howard
Glenn Rice

I could go on but why. I thought some people on this page would have learned by now. Folks just can't respect TRADITION! :smh:

northern tiger said:

Earvin Johnson
Isiah Thomas
Kendall Gill
Nick Anderson
Chris Webber
Michael Finley
Jalen Rose
Ricky Davis
Steve Smith
J Rich
Zach Randolph
Juwan Howard
Glenn Rice

I could go on but why. I thought some people on this page would have learned by now. Folks just can't respect TRADITION! :smh:

I've heard that arguement before. The counter arguement is that most of those players left early before the impact of the Big 10 ruined their careers. That's definitely been said about Thomas and Bobby Knight. Johnson and Thomas (true superstars) left early, Webber did too. Some of the others have had "o.k." careers, no more than other players, and it can be argued that they didn't live up to the big hype "next coming" mantel they had coming out of the Big 10.

Regards.

Dr. Mac said:
I've heard that arguement before. The counter arguement is that most of those players left early before the impact of the Big 10 ruined their careers. That's definitely been said about Thomas and Bobby knight.

Regards.

Some folks will say ANYTHING to prove a point that they can't. Fact is that they played in the Big Ten and that's it. The players are so talented, they can leave school early. If you can't deal with that then, oh well. "It's some hatin' dudes in this house!"

northern tiger said:
Some folks will say ANYTHING to prove a point that they can't. Fact is that they played in the Big Ten and that's it. The players are so talented, they can leave school early. If you can't deal with that then, oh well. "It's some hatin' dudes in this house!"

Get real about the "hatin". It's an opinion, nothing more.

Regards.

northern tiger said:

had to add my own $0.02 in before continuing with my post

Earvin Johnson --- Magic's a hall-of-fame player; arguably the conference's best ever with Hondo
Isiah Thomas --- hall of famer hoopster, guy that ruined the CBA
Kendall Gill --- stuck on some bad teams, got benched when I played NBA Live
Nick Anderson --- never been the same since missin 4 straight FTs in the finals
Chris Webber --- disappears when it mattered most
Michael Finley --- my boy, but Dallas' window of opportunity is closing FAST
Jalen Rose --- never really lived up to potential
Ricky Davis --- Basket case...He was Rashad McCants before McCants came long
Steve Smith --- great gene pool (Gary Sheffield's his cousin); sweet stroke
J Rich --- plays in Golden State, 'nuff said.
Zach Randolph --- plays in Portland, could get arrested at any time
Juwan Howard --- see what I said about Jalen Rose
Glenn Rice --- thought he would do better in the league..had a couple good seasons, henpecked into the Elian Gonzalez thing

Now NorthernTiger, I think DrMac's point of comparing the Big 10's basketball players to their running backs was that...sure they pump out a lot of undeniable talent, but few if any really go on to true greatness in the NFL....Sure some had a good season or great years (Robert Smith, Anthony Thomas, Eddie George), but they are often marginalized by the slew of injuries that seemingly turn them into role players...I could do you one better....everyone's cautious of Braylon Edwards because of how previous Michigan wideouts have performed...like few people think Larry Johnson, a Penn State running back, will reverse the Nittany Lion RB curse that claimed Blair Thomas, Ki-Jana Carter, Curtis Enis and some other dudes...

Back