Southern Captures Fifth Consecutive Commissioner's Cup Award

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Panthro said:
U shole is right TP! Parts of the NEW BIG 3 shole did place in the top 3. :swink:

Frazier - 46
Comegy - 12 :retard:

I don't get it.

Edited: That was so stupid it went all over my head at first...so let me give you one of these:

:lmao:

:smh:

SUjagTILLiDIE said:
What Big 3.
91-92 SU
92-93-SU
93-94 SU
94-95 SU
95-96 SU
96-97 SU
97-98 Gram
98-99 SU
99-00 JSU
00-01 No trophy
01-02 SU
02-03 SU

I don't see but 3 schools listed. :idea: If you add the scores, SU, JSU and GSU have been the top 3 for a minute. Also, that title was supposed to be JSU's this year. Count your lucky stars that we had to pull out of the baseball tourney. You have normally won the award by winning the women's title. SU has 16 Men's trophies compared to JSU's 18. You know what sports REALLY count.

Tigerpride said:
I don't get it.

Edited: That was so stupid it went all over my head at first...so let me give you one of these:

:lmao:

:smh:

Don't play bruh. :smug:

U know what I insinuated.

Carry on.:lecture:

Hey JAGUAR NATION pass me your SOUTHERN CUP so i may pour you some SUperior Tea,please...

:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown::bowdown:

http://www.pvamu.edu/pages/285.asp?item=2255

PVAMU ATHLETIC DEPARTMENT MOVES UP IN THE SWAC COMMISSIONER?S CUP STANDINGSTuesday, May 30, 2006 01:35 PM

BIRMINGHAM, Ala. ? The Prairie View A&M University Department of Athletics capped off a successful 2005-06 sports year with a fourth place finish in the Dr. James Frank Commissioner?s Cup Award, symbolic of overall excellence among its sponsored sports. The fourth place finish marks the highest finish by the department in 15 years.

?This progress is a tribute to all the hard work that our coaches and student-athletes have put in for us to have an overall successful sports year,? said PVAMU Athletic Director Charles McClelland. ?Generally, a good measuring stick for an athletic program is where you finish in the standing for the commissioner?s cup. Although we?re not satisfied with a fourth place finish, we?re pleased at this point of our rebuilding process.?

Separate awards are presented to the top men?s (C.D. Henry Award) and women?s (Barbara Jacket/Sadie Magee Award) programs in the SWAC. Points are awarded to each school based on how their team sports finish in their respective categories with the Dr. James Frank Commissioner?s Cup determined by adding the totals of the two all-sports awards.

Totaling 62.5 points en route to a third place finish, the male sports opened with a bang on the men?s side by capturing the SWAC?s first title of the year in cross country and closed out the SWAC?s athletic year with the school?s first-ever baseball championship. Indoor track closely followed with a second place finish while outdoor track and tennis both closed out the season with third place finishes. The Panther football team, which posted its best record since 1988, tied for seventh place while golf and basketball rounded out the men?s programs with eighth and 10th place finishes, respectively.

On the women?s side, the Lady Panthers closed out the year with a sixth place finish behind the strength of 64 points. Volleyball and cross country led the way with third place finishes while tennis and outdoor track placed fifth in their respective sports. Soccer and indoor track both tied for fifth place this past season and softball closed out the season with a sixth place finish. The Lady Panther golf team improved to a seventh place finish while the bowling team concluded its season tied for seventh. Women?s basketball, which narrowly missed out on its first SWAC Tournament bid since the 2002-03 season due to conference tiebreaker policy, earned 3.5 points after tying for eighth place.

?When you look at the point totals, our women?s program had a higher total than our men?s program,? said Alicia Pete, Assistant Athletic Director for Women Sports. ?Theoretically, they should be higher since there are 10 female sports and eight male sports. In the past, our men?s programs have outperformed our women?s programs. The turnaround in our women?s program is a tribute to the coaches and student-athletes of our female sports for putting in the time, energy and effort.?

Added McClelland, ?We will continue to concentrate on developing a totally successful athletic program at Prairie View.?

Back