Should they close Southern University....

This is the Dumbest Thread ever created.... Shyt Happens. Hells Some dorms at other (PWC) Universities didnt have A/C Units up until a few yrs ago.

We would be closing many other Universities if more crap would come up and surface..... SU is just in one of the Areas that will Hound and Feast on every opportunity to bring light on the University.

Yes, there is alot of foolishness going on at SU.. and other Universities.. but Irrational Thinking is just that IRRATIONAL!!!! and Dumb az UFCK!!!!

Why was this moved over here from the Smack board when this was CLEARLY meant to be smack? Just SMH... Sensitive mofo's...

I can't front though. I am with Beans, There were plenty of hotwater free weekends in Dixon.

And this happens at many universities - both HBCUs and PWCs... When I worked at one of those PWCs, we had all sorts of "outages".... the only difference is, "they" handled that sort of thing in a very hush-hush manner....

Last edited:

Point of the thread is.... Week end and week out sh$t like this continues to happen "on the bluff".....just another reason on a long list of unacceptable events. Cutting all the programs at the school.... The campus still stuck in the 80's....faculty and staff getting arrested....new field house..... But dorms falling apart....8000 people at a football game...

Dude *fugg* you and the fugging hating ass broom you're flying on with your mother. This is a punk arse thread by someone who clearly can't sleep at night without thinking about SU. Glad to see we're on your mind like that - beyotch!

Dude *fugg* you and the fugging hating ass broom you're flying on with your mother. This is a punk arse thread by someone who clearly can't sleep at night without thinking about SU. Glad to see we're on your mind like that - beyotch!

:lmao:

What's funny... They think Ronald Mason is the savior......not.....he'll.. Ron was in Jackson when they dedicated the new "University Place" on Jackson States Campus...
Not to mention that big fat salary they gave hook and hengave his son a job and a raise......

Ya'll "chain of cammand" is the difference in colleges in Mississippi and those in Louisana. Ya'll got entirely too many boards and people with their hands in the mix to get stuff accomplished. The reason MASON was in Jackson for that dedication AFTER he accepted the position at SU was because that was one of the last projects he would have had a hand in seeing to completion at JSU.

In Mississippi, it is "easier" for the Presidents to get stuff done on their campuses. The basic chain of command here is The University President and the faculty board. The President takes the lead and the others fall in line and give advise and guidence. The board of Education, (each school has someone repin them), and the Governor usually stay out of day to day business. They come around when projects are finalized, funding is discussed, money is to exchange hands, and when a new President is to be chosen. Ya'll system is too complicated. Too many hands and outside minds pulling in different directions.

If Mason was the sole person in charge of the SU System, making decisions, and mapping out projects for SU like he was at JSU those 10 years, given the same amount of time and backing, SU would be a monster in 10 years. Just look at the projects he oversaw on JSU's campus. Look at the campus in 1999 and look at what it has become today. I drove past University Place Wednesday night. That end of Lynch Street was lit up. The restaurant/bar on the first level was jammed packed.

Last edited:
Get rid of the .............. in the thread title mods. Second page will not load unless you make a post. :tup:

Week after week its some B.S. going on in Scottlandville...
SU students steamed over lack of hot water

BATON ROUGE - Hundreds of students at Southern University are outraged over no hot water at one of the campus's dormitories.

Residents in Totty Hall told News 2 today that hot water has been spotty all semester. About four days ago it went away completely.

"I've complained, my mom's complained, she was just here yeasterday complaining about it," Anngelica Taylor said.

University spokesperson Ed Pratt said the problem has to do with the dorm's boilers. Right now Totty Hall only has one working boiler. Parts have been ordered for a permanent fix.

"We're working with one boiler instead of two," Pratt said. "They've figured out how to get it to run until we get the second boiler back."

Although hot water has been restored to most of the building, some students told News 2 the cold water is still flowing into their rooms.

"There was no hot water this morning," Taylor said.
Pratt apologized to the students for any inconvenience. However, students say that apology has come too late.

"I pay a lot of money to stay in Totty, so can I please have my hot water," Deja Joseph said.
Huh? Dude or whatever, JSU didnt have any water about a week ago.

Oh! I already commented on this foolishness. My bad.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back