Should they close Southern University....

kkpsi10hh

Week after week its some B.S. going on in Scottlandville...
SU students steamed over lack of hot water

BATON ROUGE - Hundreds of students at Southern University are outraged over no hot water at one of the campus's dormitories.

Residents in Totty Hall told News 2 today that hot water has been spotty all semester. About four days ago it went away completely.

"I've complained, my mom's complained, she was just here yeasterday complaining about it," Anngelica Taylor said.

University spokesperson Ed Pratt said the problem has to do with the dorm's boilers. Right now Totty Hall only has one working boiler. Parts have been ordered for a permanent fix.

"We're working with one boiler instead of two," Pratt said. "They've figured out how to get it to run until we get the second boiler back."

Although hot water has been restored to most of the building, some students told News 2 the cold water is still flowing into their rooms.

"There was no hot water this morning," Taylor said.
Pratt apologized to the students for any inconvenience. However, students say that apology has come too late.

"I pay a lot of money to stay in Totty, so can I please have my hot water," Deja Joseph said.

Maybe they could take some of the profits form the Bayou Classic Ticket sales and buy some water.....damn..my fault.....they giving all of the tickets away.....my bad....

So it's Southern's fault the hot water went out? That's the City of B. R.'s fault.

THANK YOU!!!!!! UAPB had the same thing happen when I was there.....turns out the city of PB was at fault a couple of times.

And I work for the federal government.....we have had some problems with the boiler a few times. This happens!

And why on earth would you alert the news media over that mess?

Last edited:
Point of the thread is.... Week end and week out sh$t like this continues to happen "on the bluff".....just another reason on a long list of unacceptable events. Cutting all the programs at the school.... The campus still stuck in the 80's....faculty and staff getting arrested....new field house..... But dorms falling apart....8000 people at a football game...

Point of the thread is.... Week end and week out sh$t like this continues to happen "on the bluff".....just another reason on a long list of unacceptable events. Cutting all the programs at the school.... The campus still stuck in the 80's....faculty and staff getting arrested....new field house..... But dorms falling apart....8000 people at a football game...

kkpsi10hh, out of genuine care and concern, what faculty and staff have gotten arrested and for what reasons?

What's funny... They think Ronald Mason is the savior......not.....he'll.. Ron was in Jackson when they dedicated the new "University Place" on Jackson States Campus...
Not to mention that big fat salary they gave hook and hengave his son a job and a raise......

So it's Southern's fault the hot water went out? That's the City of B. R.'s fault.

First let me say I think this is a stupid thread...

But how is it the City's fault when it's Southern's boilers not working?!? LOL The article states the "dorm's boilers" aren't working.

The water is flowing so the City is doing its part.

Why was this moved over here from the Smack board when this was CLEARLY meant to be smack? Just SMH... Sensitive mofo's...

I can't front though. I am with Beans, There were plenty of hotwater free weekends in Dixon.

What's funny... They think Ronald Mason is the savior......not.....he'll.. Ron was in Jackson when they dedicated the new "University Place" on Jackson States Campus...
Not to mention that big fat salary they gave hook and hengave his son a job and a raise......

That Tony Clayton's big idea. Watch when they fall out,all that time he spend trying to get him over here,he will spend just as much time trying to drive him away.

I see this is where all the idiots disappeared too... I was wondering where all yall went...

and for the idiot trying to say SU faculty and for the little wimp with "genuine" concern.. Im quite sure a non degree holding campus security guard done did some dumb shyt on JSU's campus before... only difference here is SU had them arrested and fired...

:tup:

I see this is where all the idiots disappeared too... I was wondering where all yall went...

and for the idiot trying to say SU faculty and for the little wimp with "genuine" concern.. Im quite sure a non degree holding campus security guard done did some dumb shyt on JSU's campus before... only difference here is SU had them arrested and fired...

:tup:

Man, Them jokers stole two big azz TV's my freshmen year out the campus laundrymat. Unscrewed them from the ceiling and all. I don't know where the hell security was because that job had to take dayum near a hour.

Man, Them jokers stole two big azz TV's my freshmen year out the campus laundrymat. Unscrewed them from the ceiling and all. I don't know where the hell security was because that job had to take dayum near a hour.

Man campus security is like that all over....

1. they not paid the greatest and rightfully so

So they always trying to come up off these schools and students that have brighter futures than them..

Back