Shaq still runnin' his big arse mouth

Deuce

http://msn.foxsports.com/nba/story/3756354

Shaq returns to L.A., tweaks rookie Bynum
Story Tools: Print Email
FOXSports.com
Posted: 1 hour ago

Shaquille O'Neal returned to Los Angeles recently with some colorful things to say ? as you might expect.

O'Neal ventured back to his old haunts (where he played for eight seasons) to host a Hollywood auto show, according to a report in the Los Angeles Times. And he promptly gave himself a new nickname: "Dr. Shaq."

Lakers rookie Andrew Bynum, seen here during Summer Pro League play, should already know better than to engage Shaq in a verbal spat. (Juan Ocampo / Getty Images)

The veteran center recently earned a master's degree from the University of Phoenix, and said he plans to earn his doctorate in psychology, criminology or sports psychology.

But has Shaq become an intellectual snob?

When asked about Andrew Bynum, the Lakers' 17-year-old draft pick, O'Neal told The Times, "Tell him Shaq doesn't respond to juvenile delinquents without a college degree. Tell him to get his degree and we can talk. In the meantime, he should call me Dr. Shaq because I'm working on my PhD."

When the Lakers drafted Bynum, the high school big man invited a comparison to O'Neal, with one exception ? he makes his free throws, which might be what elicited Shaq's sharp rebuke. And while he is young for the NBA, Bynum does not have a criminal record.

As for basketball matters, O'Neal is entering the final year of a three-year contract extension he signed before the Lakers traded him. He is reportedly closing in on a contract extension with the Heat.

Is Shaq worried?

Not really.

"We understand business, and we understand leverage," said O'Neal, scheduled to make $30.6 million next season. "We'd just like to do it in a professional manner."

O'Neal was traded to Miami last July 14 for Lamar Odom, Caron Butler, Brian Grant and Miami's 2006 first-round pick.

Don't down Shaq, Bynum should have kept his rookie-azz mouth shut! Bynum hasn't scored ONE point in the league!!! He might turn out to be a Kwame Brown sorry butt. Shaq should welcome him with an elbow when they meet!!!

exactly phil, ya'll trip me out. You actl like Shaq started this. Bynum started the whole thing when he said the difference between me and Shaq is I make free throws. U 17 years old bruh, what the hell have u done? You haven't even made the team yet.

Deuce said:
Lakers rookie Andrew Bynum, seen here during Summer Pro League play, should already know better than to engage Shaq in a verbal spat.
:nod2:

Deuce said:
When asked about Andrew Bynum, the Lakers' 17-year-old draft pick, O'Neal told The Times, "Tell him Shaq doesn't respond to juvenile delinquents without a college degree. Tell him to get his degree and we can talk. In the meantime, he should call me Dr. Shaq because I'm working on my PhD."

:lol:

JaggDiva said:
I don't recall Shaq having a degree when he entered the NBA. :tdown:
Naw, but he did have credit for 2 or 3 years worth of college courses toward his degree if that counts for something.

JaggDiva said:
When is it going to be evident?
It was evident when he came into the league. I never saw him calling out Hakeem, Patrick, or the Admiral before he took his first step on a NBA court.

I saw that interview when Bynum made the comment and he was not trying to down Shaq by any means. But hell, he didn't lie. Shaq can't shoot free throws.

SAME OLD G said:
I saw that interview when Bynum made the comment and he was not trying to down Shaq by any means. But hell, he didn't lie. Shaq can't shoot free throws.

How he know that is the only differnce (free throws)
There are several differences to look at:

1. Will he have as many rings as Shaq?
2. Will he dominate just like Shaq?
3. Will he average more points than Shaq?
4. Will he make his other team-mates better like Shaq does?

Too many WAY more important differences to consider besides making a free-throw.....

SAME OLD G said:
Exactly. :tdown:

SUtrp96 said:
How he know that is the only differnce (free throws)
There are several differences to look at:

1. Will he have as many rings as Shaq?
2. Will he dominate just like Shaq?
3. Will he average more points than Shaq?
4. Will he make his other team-mates better like Shaq does?

Too many WAY more important differences to consider besides making a free-throw.....

The QUESTION Bynum was asked was "How does it feel to be going to a franchise with such a history of great Centers, including Shaq?"

His answer was: "I would love to live up to that reputation since Shaq is such a great player, except I make my free throws."

Did he lie?

Shaq is great at motivating people. Great at not giving reporters things that will make him look stupid. Seems like he challenged the young man to get his education. Dale Brown encouraged Shaq to leave school for the NBA because he believed that the officials in the SEC were not going to allow him to dominate the conference. Sage did a good job raising Shaq.

MightyDog said:
Shaq is great at motivating people. Great at not giving reporters things that will make him look stupid. Seems like he challenged the young man to get his education. Dale Brown encouraged Shaq to leave school for the NBA because he believed that the officials in the SEC were not going to allow him to dominate the conference. Sage did a good job raising Shaq.

Good Post............All True!

SAME OLD G said:

Here's what Bynum said..."I want to bring back the skyhook, which Kareem left behind there," Bynum said. "That's one of my favorite shots. I know a lot about Shaq, I'm compared to Shaq because of my body type. (But) I can hit my free throws." Bynum said he shot 75 percent from the foul line.

Bynum is an honor student who favors physics and hopes to be a civil engineer. Don't sound like a juvenile delinquent to me. I guess Bynum got him traded too. :lmao: :lmao:

Folks just won't be satisfied with nothing. Bynum may have made an innocent comment and didn't mean to take a jab at Shaq. Who knows. He left himself open and Shaq gave the media something to print. With that simple statement, he does make it seems as if he can legitimately be compared to Shaq.

When its all said and done, Shaq will be considered one of, if not the most dominating big men in history. The arguement about Shaq's free throws is invalid. Wilts was not a great FT shooter either and yet he is considered by some to be the most dominating ever. Just like Shaq's jumper, I can care less about his free throws so long as he dunks on them, all of them.

One of three things happen while guarding Shaq.

1. Either you will foul him and he will DUNK

2. You foul out permaturely trying to stop him, and then eventually he will DUNK

or

3. You just let him go by when he makes his move so that he can DUNK.

Boy, what a big dummy. Will somebody please tell Shaq to just keep his mouth closed and stop talking to the media? It's almost embarrassing for me to read the stuff he has to say. First he calls the kid a juvenile delinquent, which he isnt. Then somehow he doesn't respond to people without college degrees.This big dummy gets a master's degree from a virtual university and well . . .nevermind. This was just another dumb something coming from Shaq but not as dumb as this:

(On his receiving his Master's degree from UOP)

The degree, he said, "solidifies that I'm a businessman."

The Big Executive is ready to take on Bill Gates and Donald Trump.

"I could always go and have a conversation with Mr. Gates or Mr. Trump. But now that I have this," he said, "I can really have a conversation with them on the same level that they have their conversations."

Devil's Gun Trigger Man said:
exactly phil, ya'll trip me out. You actl like Shaq started this. Bynum started the whole thing when he said the difference between me and Shaq is I make free throws. U 17 years old bruh, what the hell have u done? You haven't even made the team yet.

Thank you. :idea:

This "done nothing fool" talking about a 7 foot monster with 3 rings with more on the way and the jist of this thread is "SHAQ RUNS BIG ARSE MOUTH AGAIN".

Ya'll kill me with this HATER-AID!! :lol: :lol:

Blacknbengal said:
Trust me, if the Fakers didn't have Bynum on their team, the Fakers fans would see that Bynum took a shot at Shaq.

I'm a LAKER fan and BYNUM don't even need to let SHAQ's name come out his mouth............on anything.

Want to bring back the sky-hook like Kareem?.......................Man please.
Show people you can play against the big-boys first...... :idea: .......or better yet, just get some dang PT minutes under your belt first. :nod:

Back