Shaq goes to Miami

SOG,

You're right Shaq wanted this.....he's the only one talking because he's mad the Lakers didn't want to break the franchise to accomondate him. Good day for the real Laker fans! KOBE, KOBE, KOBE!

Man I'm a Laker fan and I'm pissed off about this. Your coach gets u to the Finals 4 outta 5 years and u get rid of him for selfish Kobe who may not even be there......U get rid of the most DOMINANT player in the game for a injury prone Lamar Odom, over the hill Brian Grant. The Laker era is officially over and I bet Dallas, San Antonio, Houston, and Sacramento are rolling over laughing right now. I guarantee u something......The MIAMI HEAT are serious contenders now u got Shaq ( he will draw everyone to him and he will easily kick the ball out to the open man. what center in the east can stop him?), Dwayne Wade (A rising new star willing to play TEAM ball), and Eddie Jones (scoring and defensive threat and team player), and if they add a nice PG to that equation they will be a serious threat. Shaq will come closer to a title than Kobe will I guarantee u that. Malone is geting offers from San Antonio so do u actually think that he will be back in LA??? Heck no!! Gary Payton looks like a lost old man on the court now and if Kobe is smart he'll go to the Clippers.

sigma4life said:
Playa, pass that ooooooooooooooweeeeeeeeee. :dizzy: :flippy: Because I don't see it.

What do you not see? You mean you don't agree that having Kobe Bryant, Lamar Odom and Gary Payton on the same floor in the same purple and gold will be a good thing? I'm not a big fan of Kobe Bryant but the boy is a great player and 25 yrs old. Lamar Odom has come into his own, is 6-10" and can flat out play. He made 61 three's this past season and is 24 yrs old. Gary Payton, in his golden thirties, was totally out of his game in that triangle offense crap. A career 22+ points a game scorer reduced to being the 4th scoring option in the Laker offense. Ridiculous!!! With those three guys being the nucleus of the team, you mean you dont think Caron Butler would fit in well with them? I mean he was only one of the Heat's leading scorers until they brought in Lamar Odom and Dwayne Wade. They stole his thunder but the kid is a talent at 6-7" having young legs and only being 24 years old. If the Lakers resign Karl Malone, either he or Malone will be the 6th man. Not bad, in my opinion.

I'm a die-hard Laker fan too, but ain't no way I would've traded Shaq UNTIL I had Kobe's signature on the dotted line.......

But if Kobe leaves, then L.A. would've gone 'from sugar to isht' :xeye:

I read somewhere that Payton said if Shaq left, he wanted out too.

I've got a feeling Kobe might screw my beloved Lakers.

Speaking for all the true Laker Fans.....If you still think Shaq leaving is the end for the Lakers, please go with him. When Kobe hangs another banner for the Lakers don't try to jump on the wagon.

Did bluedog not say that a lot of you weren't really Laker fans but shaq nutt riders? To coin an old phrase my grandpappy use to say "the truth has come to light" :emlaugh:

bluedog said:
Did bluedog not say that a lot of you weren't really Laker fans but shaq nutt riders? To coin an old phrase my grandpappy use to say "the truth has come to light" :emlaugh:
Blue,

Thats exactly what they are.

jag4life said:
Yep...because I don't care if Get Ready, SOG, and Ice Man were the best the Lakers had...I'd still be a fan.
Now that's a fan :lmao:

I think its time that I renew my Laker membership, although its going to be kind hard with Byron Scott as my new coach.

<center>Okay, last night I was speaking out of pain.
Today I can be a little more objective about this whole thing.
Logically, I cannot stop being a Laker fan (I'm twenty-three
years deep and that's alot for a 30-year-old). But I will not
be monogamist anymore...yesterday I became a Heat fan too
(I can't even believe I said that as much as I hated Zo's Heat).

But I digress....</center>

SOG,
Anyone who says that this isn't the result of apower struggle isn't being very realistic. It is about Kobe... & it is what Kobe wanted. Period. Why else would the M coach be asked first?<--(look up that connection). The direction of the team has been suspect since Jerry West left. Shaq's no angel but he is the one they've been trying to screw. He took all the heat when things were bad. It is Kobe who would not listen to the coaches...it is Kobe who acts like a little biatch when he can't get going. He should have been the greatest player in the league already. But the bwaay is just immature....but it is what it is. His need to be center stage is also why he's in the middle of a rape trial (bogus though it may be). He's not ready to lead a team because he was never willing to follow. It will all be exposed in 2005. And I wonder what else he'll do (other than adultry or rape...depending on how you see it) when he's the one the Laker fans go after...like they so often went after Shaq.The pressure is coming.

<center>Mark my words....the Lakers will not get past the Rockets in the
2005 playoffs asumming they make it at all (and if they do the Kings,
the Mavericks and the Spurs are waiting for due retributuion). I wish
Shaq would have been traded to Dallas...it would have been beautiful.
</center>

;)
~Astrya

bluedog said:
My new favorite quote:

Reporter: Shaq how good of a player do you think Kobe is?

Shaq: He's a great player, if he works on the little things he could be the greatest ever. :lmao:
I take it back, my new favorite quote is:

Reporter: Shaq if Kobe were to call you on your cell phone right now, what would you tell him?

Shaq: Nothing, I don't own a cell phone. :emlaugh:

SAME OLD G said:
I think some of you reply just for the hell of it sometimes

Dude, you just made my point.

and I think u type to give your old arthritic fingers an exercise. You still make no sense. The point I was making was a team with atleast two superstars is needed to contend for a title, and I don't see a superstar in any of the 3 that the Lakers got back for Shaq. I still think the Lakers with Shaq is better than the Lakers with Odom, Butler, and Grant. Everybody is entitled to their opinion.

GramFan said:
What do you not see? You mean you don't agree that having Kobe Bryant, Lamar Odom and Gary Payton on the same floor in the same purple and gold will be a good thing?

Tell us which one of these teams that line up will beat ............. :xeye:

SAN ANN
MINNESOTA
HOUSTON
SACRAMENTO
DALLAS

Waiting for your answer ............... A REAL ANSWER.

This entire thing blows ................... :fart: :fart:

bluedog said:

No riddin' here ....................... JUST LOOKING AT THIS MESS FOR WHAT IT IS ..............GARBAGE. :shame:

Back