Shaq goes to Miami

SLT said:
It's official: The Shaquille O'Neal era in Los Angeles is over, and his new team is the Miami Heat.

The Lakers and Heat finalized a trade Wednesday sending O'Neal to Miami. Los Angeles gets Caron Butler, Lamar Odom, Brian Grant and a first-round draft pick.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2004/basketball/nba/07/14/shaq.heat.trade.ap/index.html?cnn=yes

This is the dumbest move in the history of the NBA. Now if Kobe goes to the Clippers the world will be laughing.

PsychoJag said:
This is the dumbest move in the history of the NBA. Now if Kobe goes to the Clippers the world will be laughing.

That would be the ULTIMATE KICK IN KUP's ARSE.

Did you read Monday where BUSS arse, in Italy, said he didn't even know there was a "NEED" to call KOBE and discuss this with him in the LA Daily and Times. This guy didn't even know what's been going on with his own damm team. :shame: :shame:

jstate83 said:
That would be the ULTIMATE KICK IN KUP's ARSE.

Did you read Monday where BUSS arse, in Italy, said he didn't even know there was a "NEED" to call KOBE and discuss this with him in the LA Daily and Times. This guy didn't even know what's been going on with his own damm team. :shame: :shame:

I don't believe that one bit. Kobe is the reason Phil and Shaq is gone. I think he told Buss to get rid of them both and he just ruined his career. Without Shaq Kobe is no better than AI or T-Mac. Shaq will make Miami a force with Dwayne Wade and especially if they add a point guard or a nice forward.

:( First Eddie Jones and now Shaq. It's not like Fisher and Fox are getting younger. Karma is a mother, but I just hope the Lakers don't go out like the Celtics.

What's wrong with today's players:confused:

Congrat to the Miami Heat........ :tup: This move them to the top of the Eastern Conference. The Lakers ****-up!!!!!!!!! :lmao:

Well now we will see if Pipp......err I mean Bryant can lead a team all bye himself. Wherever he goes.

Simply put, Kobe can not lead a team by himself for 82 games plus the playoffs. The Pistons exposed him in the Finals.
All a team has to do now to beat the Lakers is shut Kobe down. This is going to be very sad to see in Los Angeles. Kobe is going to realize who actually was the leader of that team.
ESPN put some stats on Sportscenter the other day. I forgot all of them but the main stat was that, when Shaq was not in the lineup in LA and Kobe was the focal point of the team, the Lakers went down in every stat as opposed to when Shaq was playing and Kobe didn't play. Overall, without Shaq and just Kobe playing, the Lakers were 55-45. Without Kobe and just Shaq, the Lakers were 41-21, I think.
You can't stop Shaq but you can shut Kobe down. Detroit proved that in the Finals. Everybody saw it and they will focus all their attention on Kobe now that they don't have to deal with Shaq.

Ya'll I seriously think that Kobe will go to the Clippers. The Clippers are moving players and Kobe is acting weird. He's suppose to announce it tomorrow at noon. Think about it. Who do the Lakers have left besides Kobe? He'll be better off with the Clippers.

Antroy said:
ESPN put some stats on Sportscenter the other day. I forgot all of them but the main stat was that, when Shaq was not in the lineup in LA and Kobe was the focal point of the team, the Lakers went down in every stat as opposed to when Shaq was playing and Kobe didn't play. Overall, without Shaq and just Kobe playing, the Lakers were 55-45. Without Kobe and just Shaq, the Lakers were 41-21, I think.
Uhhhhh....thats not a surprising stat when you consider that the offense the Lakers ran was designed to go through Shaq. Rudy T. will create an offense that will give Kobe more opportunities. Something that he wasn't getting with the triangle. So that stat doesn't really carry a lot of weight.

PsychoJag said:

The End of An Era!
I have been a Laker fan since I can remember(which is about 1981).
I've stuck around for the Divac days and the other piss poor trades and back room deals. Eddie Jones gone, Tyron Lue gone, Doug Christie gone, Jerry West (the man on the NBA logo) gone, Phil Jackson gone. In truth, the Lakers have given away more talent then most teams ever get. But this is the final straw. Trade Shaq....and keep ball-hogging, can't run a team beacuse he doesn't know the meaing of the word, Kobe? It's indeed a sad day for Laker basketball. Kobe can't hold it down...Detroit exposed the punk in his game. He's not mental enough. Kupchek (sp) needs his arse beat. :slap:
&
Consider this:
Kobe stays with the Lakers and gets convicted of rape. They are serious in Colorada. That means, no trade for him, no replacement and no options. Would that be poetic "justice" or what? I don't think he'll go to the Clippers but we'll see.

To Kobe I say: Be careful what you ask for! You're not Jordan...you're not even Pippen
and with the Diesel gone the West is gonna run through you like a $2 whore on Bourbon
street.
;)

Don't mind me....It's just the pain talking.... :bawling:

~Astrya

SAME OLD G said:
Uhhhhh....thats not a surprising stat when you consider that the offense the Lakers ran was designed to go through Shaq. Rudy T. will create an offense that will give Kobe more opportunities. Something that he wasn't getting with the triangle. So that stat doesn't really carry a lot of weight.

The triangle offense is designed to get the open man the ball. Shaq will kick the ball out if you're open. Kobe can't do it like MJ or even T-Mac. If he's smart he'll go to the clippers

The Lakers will be just fine. With Kobe in the fold along with Lamar Odom, who was the go-to man and of all star caliber for the Heat, the Lakers have a great 1-2 punch. Throw in veterans like Gary Payton, who should thrive in L.A. since he won't be playing in that bullsnit triangle offense, Brian Grant, who remains a solid player, and a guy like Caron Butler at small forward and you've got something to work with.

The Lakers won in this trade. They didnt give up a whole lot for what they got. They now have youth -a 25 yr old Kobe Bryant, two 24 yr olds in Lamar Odom and Caron Butler- and two veterans in Gary Payton and Brian Grant. And there is also a possibility that they could re-sign the other old guy, Karl Malone. Also, in terms of youth they received a first round pick.

I'm pretty sure the Lakers will also be looking to pick up a free agent or two from this year's free agent pool. A point guard to backup Gary Payton would be a good start along with a backup center for Brian Grant.

Finally, somebody sees this trade my way (Laker Fan since 89). The Lakers didn't get "raped" on this deal and considering what Dallas, sacramento and Indiana were offering, the Lakers made out like bandits.

All the Heat have know is Shaq (who will be fouled mercilessly in the East and we ALL know his free throw percentage is lower the PVU football winning percentage), Wade, and n aging Eddie Jones.

The Lakers, on the other hand, really just need two things: a center who can block shots (doesn't have to be a scorer) and a back up PG. They know have youth, shooting and slashing ability, and a clear lane to do it in and best of all, one less no defense playing nigra on the team.

Storm_ofSU said:
To Kobe I say: Be careful what you ask for! You're not Jordan...you're not even Pippen and with the Diesel gone the West is gonna run through you like a $2 whore on Bourbon street.
;)

Don't mind me....It's just the pain talking.... :bawling:

~Astrya
Thats just the thing. Kobe didn't ask for this...Shaq did. It was Shaq who ran his mouth in the papers. It was Shaq who used the term "my team". Shaq is the person who started all of this mess. And he actions (off the court during the offseason) prove it. I just found out today that back in February, the Lakers offered Shaq a contract extention and he turned it down. Combine that with the *****in' he been doing - the Lakers knew that this was the time he had to go.

One other important fact...

The Detroit Pistons, San Antonio Spurs, and Chicago Bulls have proven that you don't need a player like Shaq to win it all.

I swear I think some of ya'll been smoking that ooooooooweeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!! The Lakers got straight robbed!!!!!!!!! Brian Grant? the guy hasn't had a decent year in I don't know how long, I put Grant in the same category with Juwan Howard, getting big bucks for nothing. Who is Grant gonna guard in the west??? He sure as hell can't guard, Duncan, Garnett, Ming, Dirk, Webber, hell he can't even guard Zach Randolph. Caron Butler had a decent rookie year, what did he do last year??? Zilch!!!!!!!!! Lamar Odom is a good talent, but he is a blunt away from throwing his career down the tube. You are the lakers and u traded a sure thing, 20-29 pts,10-20 rebs, 2-5 blks and a presence inside for a guy with bad knees, a guy with a drug record, and a guy who had a sophomore slump. Yeah good going Jerry Buss. This has Kobe written all over it.

No Same Ole G Mitch Kupchak started all of this after the finals when he made that stupid comment on tv about not trading Kobe under any circumstances but they would explore options for Shaq. After he said that isht, that's when Shaq said trade me. I don't blame that man, u wouldn't disrespect me like that on tv especially when I'm the only one that showed up for that WHOLE finals series versus the Pistons.

U talk about the Pistons, Bulls, and Spurs winning

let me break this down for u...........

when the Spurs won they had Tim Duncan, Tony Parker, and an aging David Robinson. Tim Duncan and David Robinson are GREAT PLAYERS so what's your point?

when Chicago won they had MJ, Scottie, and Dennis. All of these are GREAT PLAYERS in their own right. So what's your point?

when Detroit won they had Billups, Wallace, Hamilton, and Wallace. All of these are very good players. So what's your point?

To make what Shaq and Kobe did that much more remarkable was basically they had to do the MAJORITY of it themselves. The above teams had atleast other options. If Shaq and Kobe don't show up the Lakers didn't even sniff a win. You NEED atleast , ATLEAST two good to great players to even think about getting a title nowadays. I just don't see that with the Laker team now including Kobe and this trade.

Devil's Gun Trigger Man said:
when the Spurs won they had Tim Duncan, Tony Parker, and an aging David Robinson. Tim Duncan and David Robinson are GREAT PLAYERS so what's your point?

when Chicago won they had MJ, Scottie, and Dennis. All of these are GREAT PLAYERS in their own right. So what's your point?

when Detroit won they had Billups, Wallace, Hamilton, and Wallace. All of these are very good players. So what's your point?
I think some of you reply just for the hell of it sometimes

Dude, you just made my point.

GramFan said:
The Lakers will be just fine. With Kobe in the fold along with Lamar Odom, who was the go-to man and of all star caliber for the Heat, the Lakers have a great 1-2 punch. Throw in veterans like Gary Payton, who should thrive in L.A. since he won't be playing in that bullsnit triangle offense, Brian Grant, who remains a solid player, and a guy like Caron Butler at small forward and you've got something to work with.

The Lakers won in this trade. They didnt give up a whole lot for what they got. They now have youth -a 25 yr old Kobe Bryant, two 24 yr olds in Lamar Odom and Caron Butler- and two veterans in Gary Payton and Brian Grant. And there is also a possibility that they could re-sign the other old guy, Karl Malone. Also, in terms of youth they received a first round pick.

I'm pretty sure the Lakers will also be looking to pick up a free agent or two from this year's free agent pool. A point guard to backup Gary Payton would be a good start along with a backup center for Brian Grant.

Playa, pass that ooooooooooooooweeeeeeeeee. :dizzy: :flippy: Because I don't see it.

My new favorite quote:

Reporter: Shaq how good of a player do you think Kobe is?

Shaq: He's a great player, if he works on the little things he could be the greatest ever. :lmao:

Back