Roger Cador to interview for JSU job........

Tigerpride said:
I think we will match the salary BUT I think that Cador is trying to force SU's hand. I don't think he would want to leave SU for JSU. This "interview" coupled with his recent newpaper quotes is just his way of getting those scholarships back.
RIGHT

Don't be surprise if Cador leaves. The good ship jaguar is taking on water.
Facilities are a disgrace. JSU had Bell in football and SU has Dr. Jackson as chancellor. Football is gpoing down hill, track, etc.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
thegooddoctor said:
Facilities are a disgrace. JSU had Bell in football and SU has Dr. Jackson as chancellor. Football is gpoing down hill, track, etc.

Dr. Jackson don't control the board. Can't blame him for the facilities. No Chancellor at SU has ever had that kind of power. :rolleyes:

Rogers not going anywhere, but they are using each other so Cador can get his facillities and JSU to show that they want a prime time baseball coach and is willing to pay to get one.

GoodDoctor know of what you speak before you post Baseball has a new stadium and the legislature just gave Cador 1.5 million for locker rooms and indoor batting cages. This is just Roger being a good business man read my previous post you'll see what I mean.

thegooddoctor said:
Facilities are a disgrace.
I wish folk would stop saying that.Most of SU's facilities are excellent. Now the weight room, and locker rooms are a disgrace. SU's football playing surface, scoreboard, pressbox, stadium are among the best in 1-aa.

Jag Voice said:
That doesn't surprise me. Skip and Cador are good friends and he gave Cador a "courtesy" interview a few years ago for an assistant coach position.

BUT Don't think for one second that LSU is about to hire Cador for head coach

Don't even think for 1/2 second! If he gets hired there, the world must be nearing it's end.

Braddy sought, and received permission, from Southern Athletic Director Greg LaFleur on Monday morning

Y'all know the Western Conference finals start tommorrow. What y'all gon be cooking.

bigtyme2 said:
Okay here's the situation Roger has been at SU 24 years being that he is a contract employee in the State of Louisiana after his twelve years he can retire at full salary 83K. Then go to JSU and make whatever they will pay him that may be part of the reason he's considering J-State. SU has basically given him his scholly's back already, they will offer him more money but not 160K.

Thats a possibility do you remember The Godfather did the same thing with Alcorn. Left Alcorn and went to Southern and was getting paid from both states.

:lol:
thegooddoctor said:

You never cease to amaze me. :lol:

If all of you on this board knows that Cador is just using JSU for leverage, don't you think Southern officals know as well?? And if that's the case, what's to stop them from calling his bluff?

JSU/99 said:
If all of you on this board knows that Cador is just using JSU for leverage, don't you think Southern officals know as well?? And if that's the case, what's to stop them from calling his bluff?
Dude, think about the zillion times this situation has occurred in athletics. Coach gets interest, is mentioned and/or interviews with another team. Current team ups ante and gives raise/extention. This nothing new. This game has been played for years. The same things that prevented the other zillion organizations from calling their coach's bluff, will be the same ones to prevent SU from calling his bluff. If JSU offers the job for higher pay, SU has no choice but to match or let him go. If money hits the table, there ain't no bluff.

Robber said:
Dude, think about the zillion times this situation has occurred in athletics. Coach gets interest, is mentioned and/or interviews with another team. Current team ups ante and gives raise/extention. This nothing new. This game has been played for years. The same things that prevented the other zillion organizations from calling their coach's bluff, will be the same ones to prevent SU from calling his bluff. If JSU offers the job for higher pay, SU has no choice but to match or let him go. If money hits the table, there ain't no bluff.
:tup:

Robber said:

True, but there has to be a legitimate threat for the school to even up the ante. Its not like he's interviewing for a HS job. The JSU job has to be very attractive for Cador. If we come with the right offer and Southern fails to match, there's a good chance he'll be at JSU. I think people here are discounting that possibility. The only problem is as in the case of AD McClelland, we won't come with the right offer.

with how the SWAC has improved in baseball.....I can see SU letting Cador go and using his old salary to lure a legitimate coach in conference who sees the job as a step up...for $83K people would fall off the building to get their hands on that.

It's nothing but a poker match...

save 2.7 scholarships, let Cador go and in return hire a guy who can win with the current regime?

or give Cador 2.7 scholarships, spend more money and hope it all turns out gravy?

Gambling at its finest...

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
the band fan said:
with how the SWAC has improved in baseball.....I can see SU letting Cador go and using his old salary to lure a legitimate coach in conference who sees the job as a step up...for $83K people would fall off the building to get their hands on that.

It's nothing but a poker match...

save 2.7 scholarships, let Cador go and in return hire a guy who can win with the current regime?

or give Cador 2.7 scholarships, spend more money and hope it all turns out gravy?

Gambling at its finest...
:lmao: Dude, you can't be serious.

why not? there are interesting subplots to every story......

we're talking about SWAC athletics here...never count any scenario out....

the band fan said:
why not? there are interesting subplots to every story......

we're talking about SWAC athletics here...never count any scenario out....

So TBF, are you saying SU would go after PV's coach if Cador leaves for JSU? Maybe I should rephrase that. Are you saying PV's coach would apply if Cador leaves SU?

I doubt it....but in any case most schools would inquire about a coach of the year from the a school with a small budget.

but the subplots would make you laugh

Dude it Cador leaves and i know thats not going to happen...I'll be the first to call Coach Rob at PV....:lmao:

Imma be cookin some ribs, neckbones, ox tails, yams, turkey necks, mustard greens......oh yeah and sum tater salad.

bluedog said:
Imma be cookin some ribs, neckbones, ox tails, yams, turkey necks, mustard greens......oh yeah and sum tater salad.

Sounds like a Soul Food Buffet to me. I am going to Chilli's tonight and get a combination platter of Monterey Chicken and Baby Back Ribs with loaded Mashed Potato! Not sure if i will get a Margarita yet.

WalkWitaPanther said:
Sounds to me like some of these JSU folk really want Cador.

Hmmm................................:read: :read: :read:
They can want all they want. Cador is the best coach on SU's campus point blank. He also would be an excellent AD. He raises funds for his program, like no other on SU's campus. Also the buisness owners, politicians, and everyone else loves him.

WalkWitaPanther said:
Sounds to me like some of these JSU folk really want Cador.

Hmmm................................:read: :read: :read:
I ain't finna lie. I'll take Cador in a heartbeat. Dude is an excellent coach. I love excellent coaches.

Back