Robert Horry - "I Was Happy To See Dallas Lose

Da_Sperm said:
What series was you watching? The Spurs cried LOUD before, during and after each game.

.......and the Mavs didn't?????

I don't think Horry was right about "saying" he was happy that the Mavs lost, but if that's how he feels, then hey. I know I felt the same way after all that dayum whining.

They never accepted the fact that they lost, until the series was over, but prior to, they all cried about the officiating as factors in them losing. The owner, the coach, the players, the Dallas media (except Kevin Blackistone), and I'm assuming a lot of the Mav fans, all cried foul. Hell, it was "reported" that the owner accused the league of being rigged because of the bad calls, he even held a mini press conference speaking of such.

NICE

delock said:
Frat.....you gotta to be kidding me.........Big Shot Bob came thru for the Lakers. He is a 4 quarter player. Just like Vernon Maxwell.

Frat...for clarification purposes...that statement was tongue-in-cheek(very sarcastic, might I add).

Big Shot Bob/Rob has made some clutch shots with LA and SA. He was a key player with the titles won in H-Town. But, for Rob to say he was glad to see Dallas lose and Tim Duncan, TP and Manu cried and griped over the same fouls that were being called against all series against the Mavs is punkish.

This thread is telling. The Mavs (and Avery) fans are upset with Horry's comments. :lol::lol:

Can't he pull for anybody he wants to?

sheesh!

Hell, ain't anyone who's pulling for a team happy when the other team loses? And what team DOESN'T whine over calls when they don't go the "right" way?

However, his opinion really only supports the fact that his ass was home WATCHING the game, instead of playing in it. Six rings or not, I'm guessing his ass would have preferred the latter over the former. I wouldn't expect him to be disappointed that the team that sent HIS team tf home would be the team for which he would be pulling in the Finals.

"I'm glad they lost ..." Okay then, that's great, because now they're on the same S.S. LOSER with your ass. :tup:

And the officiating THROUGHOUT the playoffs was GARBAGE ... not just in the Finals.

He ain't a loser... he just lost this time. I wanted Dallas to win because of Avery, but I am glad they lost because of Cuban and the team in general even though I like most of their players individually. I have not liked Dallas since I was a kid and they always played the Lakers in the playoffs.

Da_Sperm said:
No he didn't talk about WHINNING. After EVERY call, the Spurs (Duncan, Finely, Ganobili, Horry) all had their hand out complaining to the refs. They looked like a bunch of girls.
But I have to agree with Horry about that crazy owner of Dallas. Spoiled rich kid who figures money can buy him out of anything.
Posters, Horry is one of the best and my alltime favorites. He is a winner and responsible (helped) for the championships for both teams.

jag4life said:
He ain't a loser... he just lost this time. I wanted Dallas to win because of Avery, but I am glad they lost because of Cuban and the team in general even though I like most of their players individually. I have not liked Dallas since I was a kid and they always played the Lakers in the playoffs.

Sure, Steve. Whatever.

They still on the same Fantastic Voyage ...

Just goes to show that jewelry doesn't = class, because he has plenty of one and little of the other.

Vinita said:
Sure, Steve. Whatever.

They still on the same Fantastic Voyage ...

Just goes to show that jewelry doesn't = class, because he has plenty of one and little of the other.

LOL. I like Horry as a player........but you are right Nita, he aint never had any class. Ask folks in Houston who would see him out back in the day. I can vouch for that myself. But he shole can hit a winning shot though.

Horry just being Horry. Nothing new. No different than Detroit not wanting the Bulls to win the championship back in the day. Dallas and San Antonio are rivals and it has been getting heated. So it aint shocking he feels that way.

Outside of Cuban, no one in the organization (Dallas Basketball Team) cried about the fouls or lack of thereof. I don't recall any player or coach talking to the media about the foul. In fact, in the press conference, Cuban wasn't upset about the foul in Game 5, he was more upset about the missed backcourt violation.

Sure, the Mavericks should have done more SHUTTING UP, no doubt. But usually in a tournament situation, a team that loses will cheer for the them that put them out for no other reason than other than to say the they lost the the CHAMPIONS.

One fact is, San Antonio is OLD (Horry, Nic, Finley) and will have to REVAMP the team to even be a playoff contender. The Mavericks are YOUNG and will start the season as the team to beat next year.

Da_Sperm said:
One fact is, San Antonio is OLD (Horry, Nic, Finley) and will have to REVAMP the team to even be a playoff contender. The Mavericks are YOUNG and will start the season as the team to beat next year.

Depends on what the Spurs and Suns do in the West. If both are HEALTHY, you can't pencil in the Mavs as finalists just yet.

Da_Sperm said:
Outside of Cuban, no one in the organization (Dallas Basketball Team) cried about the fouls or lack of thereof. I don't recall any player or coach talking to the media about the foul. In fact, in the press conference, Cuban wasn't upset about the foul in Game 5, he was more upset about the missed backcourt violation.

Sure, the Mavericks should have done more SHUTTING UP, no doubt. But usually in a tournament situation, a team that loses will cheer for the them that put them out for no other reason than other than to say the they lost the the CHAMPIONS.

Sperm............You seem a little upset.:goof:

I'll have to wait until all the draft and free agent movement is finished before I see the team to beat for next year.

There are a lot of teams that are 1 or 2 peices away from being a MAJOR thorn in people's side.

Da_Sperm said:

I guess you missed the press conference's with Avery, Nowitski, and Jason Terry talking about they couldn't wait to get back home to get some "Home Cooking."

I agree though, the Mavs will be tough to beat next year, but if Amare Stoudimire returns healthy to Phoenix, look out. The Mavs are young, and they'll be battle tested next year. Cuban just needs to shut up, and let the team concentrate on basketball instead of his antics. Not to say he's not a great owner, because he is, but it comes a time, when you just have to shut up, and let the spotlight shine on your team, and coach.

NICE

D-NICE said:
I guess you missed the press conference's with Avery, Nowitski, and Jason Terry talking about they couldn't wait to get back home to get some "Home Cooking."
NICE
:lol:

And they still didnt get any.

jag4life said:
Why do you consider him classless just because he was happy dallas lost?

Because sometimes, people just need to STFU ... Mark Cuban included, and that's my opinion, and it ain't changing because y'all may not agree with it.

NICE ... I just thought maybe them clowns was hungry ... you know the food in Miami ain't that good ... :goodbad: ... at any rate, the damned chefs must was off that night ...

D-NICE said:

I agree though, the Mavs will be tough to beat next year, but if Amare Stoudimire returns healthy to Phoenix, look out. The Mavs are young, and they'll be battle tested next year. Cuban just needs to shut up, and let the team concentrate on basketball instead of his antics. Not to say he's not a great owner, because he is, but it comes a time, when you just have to shut up, and let the spotlight shine on your team, and coach.

NICE

CO-SIGN, CO-SIGN, and CO-SIGN again!!!

Who really GAF..it's the man's opinion and he's entitled to it...hell, no one, outside of most Dallasonians & Southernites were really pulling for Dallas, so what's the big damn deal...fugg Horry.

Sperm, calm yo ass down...we'll be back next year. :D

Warndalyn said:
Who really GAF..it's the man's opinion and he's entitled to it...hell, no one, outside of most Dallasonians & Southernites were really pulling for Dallas, so what's the big damn deal...fugg Horry.

Sperm, calm yo ass down...we'll be back next year. :D

NOT!

Yall get off Mark. Remember, he was a fan before he was an owner. Unlike Ross Perot, Jr (previous owner of the Mavs) who simply treated the Mavericks like one of the many investments in his portfolio, Mark actually enjoys being on the day to day operations of the Mavericks.

Again, I don't recall him or any other Maverick discussing the foul or lack of thereof. I think that was something the MEDIA jumped on and based on the number (49 FTA for the Heat, 25 FTA for the Mavs), they had a valid stance.

We can't help it if the owners in Dallas sets the tone for professional sports (football, basketball, baseball, auto racing, hockey, etc.)

delock said:

Sheeit, they got as good a chance as anyone else.

Stern'll make sure they won't WIN, but he can't stop 'em from getting there.

Conspiracy theories send help! :emlaugh:

Back