Robert Horry - "I Was Happy To See Dallas Lose

delock

BARBERSHOP COO
jacked from another forum

Robert Horry watched only the closing two minutes of Miami's clinching victory in the NBA Finals on Tuesday night. It was enough, however, to make him smile

If Horry and the Spurs couldn't win another title, he at least was glad Dallas fell short in its quest to win its first.

"That's the first time I ever rooted for the East," Horry said. "You usually never root for the East, you root for the West. But the way (the Mavericks) acted, it just put a bad taste in my mouth.

"All the whining Dallas did, the way (owner Mark) Cuban acted, the way (assistant coach) Del Harris acted on the sideline a couple of times, I was happy to see Dallas lose."

While Cuban and Dallas coach Avery Johnson were criticized for their behavior after losing Game 5 of the Finals, Horry didn't like how the Mavericks acted while eliminating the Spurs in the Western Conference semifinals.

In addition to saying that Mavericks guard Jason Terry didn't deserve to be suspended for hitting Michael Finley in the groin, Cuban called Tim Duncan a "crybaby," labeled Spurs fans the "rudest" in the league, and called the River Walk "an ugly-ass, muddy-watered thing."

Harris also mocked Duncan for complaining about calls during Game 4 of that series, Horry said.

"I know the one game we won in Dallas, Avery was crying about the refs," Horry said. "I was like, 'You're crying about the refs?' We're the only ones who should be crying about the refs. We're the ones who are down in the series.

"There were just a lot of things that they did that I didn't think were characteristic of a team that's supposed to be in the (top) class."

Horry didn't play much against Dallas, averaging 11.6 minutes in the final five games after Spurs coach Gregg Popovich went small to better match up with Dirk Nowitzki. In contrast, the Heat often stayed big against the Mavericks because their power forward, Udonis Haslem, proved athletic enough to guard Nowitzki.

Nowitzki averaged 27.1 points on 52.7 percent shooting against the Spurs. Haslem, who was on the Spurs' summer-league team before signing with Miami three years ago, and James Posey helped limit Nowitzki to 22.8 points on 39 percent shooting.

"It was almost like (the Heat) said, 'Don't do what the Spurs did because they lost the series,'" Horry said.

Horry, who turns 36 in August, jokingly called himself a "dinosaur" during the playoffs but still thinks he has enough left to contribute. He has two years remaining on his contract but said he might retire after next season.

"My ultimate goal is to play 15 (years), and this would be 15," Horry said. "But if I'm feeling spry, I'll keep going."

It is funny that Horry said he always rooted for the West...lol.

He had been on the last SIX Western Conference championship teams! LOL

He forgot what it was like not to be IN the finals. Man that cat has been fortunate! One of my favorite players.

jag4life said:
It is funny that Horry said he always rooted for the West...lol.

He had been on the last SIX Western Conference championship teams! LOL

He forgot what it was like not to be IN the finals. Man that cat has been fortunate! One of my favorite players.

co sign.............and to think he wanted to teach after college

Who is Robert HOErry anyway? He just happened to be at the right place at the right time when he won his rings...

Gary Payton and Tim Legler send help fast

It's like every team who win the Finals he will trade to that team. He was @ the Lakers and when the Spurs won the Finals he traded to them. :smh:

Jax said:
Who is Robert HOErry anyway? He just happened to be at the right place at the right time when he won his rings...

He was integral parts of those teams' playoff runs. If he were not there the Spurs nor the Lakers would have been in as good a position as they were.

Jag-BR said:
It's like every team who win the Finals he will trade to that team. He was @ the Lakers and when the Spurs won the Finals he traded to them. :smh:

He was already with the Lakers for 2 years before the first championship, and the Lakers didn't resign him, so the Spurs did. Detroit had won that championship before he went to the Spurs.

Naw, Horry earned his rings. He!!, every Finals and Conf Finals he's hit some crucial shots to help get his team to the next level.

He might've shown up to every game in the 4th quarter....but, he's earned his.

:)

Jax said:

You don't get the nickname "Big Shot Bob," for no reason. He killed the kings when he was with the lakers. Last season he hit one of his big shots against the pistons...

Jax said:

Robert Horry is a guy that literally WON championships for every team he played on simply by making clutch shots when they were needed.

If Horry didn't make a lot of those shot's................the Lakers WOULD NOT have won those 3 championships because THEY WOULD HAVE BEEN ELIMINATED FROM THE PLAYOFF'S.................bottom line.

Same with Houston and San Ann.

staggalee83 said:
Robert Horry is a guy that literally WON championships for every team he played on simply by making clutch shots when they were needed.

If Horry didn't make a lot of those shot's................the Lakers WOULD NOT have won those 3 championships because THEY WOULD HAVE BEEN ELIMINATED FROM THE PLAYOFF'S.................bottom line.

Same with Houston and San Ann.

Yeah Horry had been making the big shot for a long time. Seems like his arse would be older than 36. :lol: That SOB is walking around Texas with 6 rings. You have stars that dont have half the rings he got.:slap:

No he didn't talk about WHINNING. After EVERY call, the Spurs (Duncan, Finely, Ganobili, Horry) all had their hand out complaining to the refs. They looked like a bunch of girls.

Da_Sperm said:
No he didn't talk about WHINNING. After EVERY call, the Spurs (Duncan, Finely, Ganobili, Horry) all had their hand out complaining to the refs. They looked like a bunch of girls.
How do you think the Mavs/Mavs fans looked to us?

Da_Sperm said:

.......and that my man was one of my points in the "Congrats Heat" thread. For all the whining the Mavs did against the Heat, they got all the calls against the Spurs, and you didn't hear them whining about how terrible the officiating was in that series. Not from the owner, the coaches, the players, or the Dallas area sportswriters. It's amazing how bad the officiating becomes when your team is not the ones getting the calls.

NICE

Jax said:

........and when those teams needed him, those clutch shots went right in the basket. Big Game Bob may not be a "star", but he's right up there with the all time great cluth playoff performers. If anybody has a right to criticize somebody about a playoff performance it's him, he's no Chuck Nevitt, or John Salley (granted Salley earned his first 2 rings) by any means. Every championship team he played on, he contributed in a big way, the Rockets, and the Lakers may be one ring short each without him.

NICE

D-NICE said:
........and when those teams needed him, those clutch shots went right in the basket. Big Game Bob may not be a "star", but he's right up there with the all time great cluth playoff performers. If anybody has a right to criticize somebody about a playoff performance it's him, he's no Chuck Nevitt, or John Salley (granted Salley earned his first 2 rings) by any means. Every championship team he played on, he contributed in a big way, the Rockets, and the Lakers may be one ring short each without him.

NICE

:tup:

D-NICE said:
.......and that my man was one of my points in the "Congrats Heat" thread. For all the whining the Mavs did against the Heat, they got all the calls against the Spurs, and you didn't hear them whining about how terrible the officiating was in that series. Not from the owner, the coaches, the players, or the Dallas area sportswriters. It's amazing how the bad the officiating becomes when your team is not the ones getting the calls.

NICE

Exactly right I remember that series and there was no complaining at all by the Mavs. It seems like the Spurs was doing all the crying. Dallas couldnt expect to get any calls anyway when you sit out there and shoot so many damn jump shots. Go to the rack some. Notwikski(sp) looked like the European he is shooting all those jump shots. They put a body on him and at the end of the game he was non factor. Refs. may make some bad calls here and there but they cant keep you from winning. Pressure will bust a pipe.

D-NICE said:

NICE

Especially his years with the Rockets he was always hitting the big shot. With the Lakers I remember several games in Western Conference finals and Finals that he made game changing shots. And thats the reason he got 6. How many rings did Salley in up with anyway? Was it 4 or 5? I know he got 2 with Detroit, one with the Lakers but wasnt sure on how many he got with the Bulls

Croft84 said:
How many rings did Salley in up with anyway? Was it 4 or 5? I know he got 2 with Detroit, one with the Lakers but wasnt sure on how many he got with the Bulls

I think he got 2 with the Bulls, but I'm not exactly sure.

NICE

D-NICE said:
.......and that my man was one of my points in the "Congrats Heat" thread. For all the whining the Mavs did against the Heat, they got all the calls against the Spurs, and you didn't hear them whining about how terrible the officiating was in that series. Not from the owner, the coaches, the players, or the Dallas area sportswriters. It's amazing how bad the officiating becomes when your team is not the ones getting the calls.

NICE

What series was you watching? The Spurs cried LOUD before, during and after each game. Its neither hear nor there now. I think it is VERY PUNKISH for a player to say he was GLAD to see another team LOSE, especially when it was a team that eliminated you. If anything, he should have said he was glad to see the Heat win and get one for Zo, Payton or some other reason other than what he said.

jag4life said:
He was integral parts of those teams' playoff runs. If he were not there the Spurs nor the Lakers would have been in as good a position as they were.

Hell...Rick Fox and Devan George played bigger roles with the Lakers than HoErry did. And he wasn't really a factor with the Spurs when they won the title in 2005.

Jax said:
Hell...Rick Fox and Devan George played bigger roles with the Lakers than HoErry did. And he wasn't really a factor with the Spurs when they won the title in 2005.

Frat.....you gotta to be kidding me.........Big Shot Bob came thru for the Lakers. He is a 4 quarter player. Just like Vernon Maxwell.

Da_Sperm said:
I think it is VERY PUNKISH for a player to say he was GLAD to see another team LOSE, especially when it was a team that eliminated you. If anything, he should have said he was glad to see the Heat win and get one for Zo, Payton or some other reason other than what he said.
I agree with Sprem.

Da_Sperm said:
I think it is VERY PUNKISH for a player to say he was GLAD to see another team LOSE, especially when it was a team that eliminated you. If anything, he should have said he was glad to see the Heat win and get one for Zo, Payton or some other reason other than what he said.

Yeah, thats something that a chick would say.

Robert has been doing his thing. How many rings does he have 6?????
Rockets
Lakers
Spurs

Not that many players can say that.

Jax said:

Dude Horry was always hitting big shots. Don't allow his comments about the Mavs to cloud your memory.

Back