Prairie View A&M selects PBK Sports to design Football Stadium & Athletic Field House

Status
Not open for further replies.

Re: Prairie View A&M selects PBK Sports to design Football Stadium & Athletic Field H

:tup: :tup: :tup:

Re: Prairie View A&M selects PBK Sports to design Football Stadium & Athletic Field H

Looking good PV ... I've been impressed with the work going on at the campus my couple of times being on the campus. Once the new stadium is up and running, I expect PV to have a very good home game atmosphere..

Question: Will it remain Blackshear or will there be some renaming of some sort?

So is PBK still the designer?

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...chool-football-stadium-cracks-closed/9903781/

The school district hired Nelson Forensics to investigate the cause of the cracking. A preliminary report identified design deficiencies in the elevated concourse that fail to meet building codes. Hindt said that Pogue and PBK are working with the school district to determine the scope of the problem.

If PBK are the designers, they definitely shouldn't hire Pogue Construction to build it.

Much of the community is in agreement that the stadium issues are embarrassing, just not for the city of Allen or the school district. They say the responsibility rests with Pogue Construction, which built the stadium, and PBK Architects, which designed it.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...chool-football-stadium-cracks-closed/9903781/

If PBK are the designers, they definitely shouldn't hire Pogue Construction to build it.

If the design is bad... doesn't matter who constructs it.

In its latest report, Nelson Forensics said its review of engineering documents discovered areas of the stadium where the design-load demand exceeds the code-permitted capacity by 10-20% at multiple locations, and by greater than 70% at isolated locations.

those stadiums used large amounts of cement and I think the stadium was built the year we had that drought and it was overly hot

also, the Texas A&M system is involved and you got to meet their codes compared to an ISD

If the design is bad... doesn't matter who constructs it.

I see you didn't read the entire article YOU POSTED and choose to pick out the parts to justify your claim. Like I said previously in the other thread, it sounds like the contractor and the designer will both share the blame and the responsibility to fix.

those stadiums used large amounts of cement and I think the stadium was built the year we had that drought and it was overly hot

also, the Texas A&M system is involved and you got to meet their codes compared to an ISD

Don't tell jag4life that because that means the concrete didn't cure properly, which could go either way if the designers didn't provide in the concrete specifications for unusual hot and dry conditions or the contractor overlooked those specifications and decided to pour concrete the normal way. :emlaugh:

I'm out of this :emlaugh: I'm not an engineer..just a backyard engineer :emlaugh:

Don't tell jag4life that because that means the concrete didn't cure properly, which could go either way if the designers didn't provide in the concrete specifications for unusual hot and dry conditions or the contractor overlooked those specifications and decided to pour concrete the normal way. :emlaugh:

Dude what I quoted specifically says "in its review of ENGINEERING DOCUMENTS discovered areas of the stadium where the design-load demand exceeds..."

I don't know how much clearer it could be.

P.S... tbf is a shade-tree engineer. LOL

Dude what I quoted specifically says "in its review of ENGINEERING DOCUMENTS discovered areas of the stadium where the design-load demand exceeds..."

I don't know how much clearer it could be.

Yes you did, but it did say in the article too that both the designer and construction company are the blame and Nelson's forensic engineering report hasn't been finalized. I'm sure when they finalize that report, both the designer and the construction company will share the cost for repairs, now what percentage each would have to pay is still unknown. So stop nitpicking and wait until the final forensic engineering report is completed. :emlaugh:

Last edited:

Yes you did but it did say in the article that both the designer and contractor are the blame and the forensic engineering report has been finalize.

They gave specifics stating why the design was flawed. Nothing specific on the contractor. The blame toward the contractor will likely be that they did not catch the designer's mistake.

They gave specifics stating why the design was flawed. Nothing specific on the contractor. The blame toward the contractor will likely be that they did not catch the designer's mistake.

Either way, I'm sure they both will share in the repair cost.

I'm out of this :emlaugh: I'm not an engineer..just a backyard engineer :emlaugh:

Make sure y'all have some good construction engineers that can be trusted on this project, because White construction firms love taking advantage of construction projects primarily for Black folks.

they just built the new center...it was more of a natural fit as you don't have to pick up all the equipment and restage as opposed to bringing in a new company and labor force

plus they can meet deadlines and have access to a qualified labor force

It's probably in this thread somewhere or somewhere on the board but where is PV going to play home football games in 2015?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back