Other Scores 09/17/2016

In case you are curious, the worst loss EVER by a Top-2 team is 48-0 by No. 2 Notre Dame vs No. 1 Army.

What is it with dropping the ball - another week another player drops the ball before the end zone.

http://www.espn.com/college-footbal...s-texas-controversial-goal-line-fumble-ruling

Cal running back Vic Enwere appeared to score a game-sealing touchdown with 1:22 left, but replays showed Enwere dropped the ball before crossing the goal line. Texas safety Dylan Haines picked up the ball a short time later, but not quickly enough, according to Big 12 referee Mike Defee.

After consulting with the replay official in the booth, it was ruled Haines' recovery did not meet the standard of an "immediate recovery," and possession was awarded to Cal at the 1-yard line. Cal was able to kneel down and run out the remaining time.

"The ruling on the field was a touchdown, which replay determined that there was a fumble at the 1-yard line," Defee said. "The ball rolled into the end zone, came to rest, Cal players ran past it, and many Texas players ran past it. I think it was 14 [Haines] that picked up the ball and handed the ball to the official."

What is it with dropping the ball - another week another player drops the ball before the end zone.

http://www.espn.com/college-footbal...s-texas-controversial-goal-line-fumble-ruling

Cal running back Vic Enwere appeared to score a game-sealing touchdown with 1:22 left, but replays showed Enwere dropped the ball before crossing the goal line. Texas safety Dylan Haines picked up the ball a short time later, but not quickly enough, according to Big 12 referee Mike Defee.

After consulting with the replay official in the booth, it was ruled Haines' recovery did not meet the standard of an "immediate recovery," and possession was awarded to Cal at the 1-yard line. Cal was able to kneel down and run out the remaining time.

"The ruling on the field was a touchdown, which replay determined that there was a fumble at the 1-yard line," Defee said. "The ball rolled into the end zone, came to rest, Cal players ran past it, and many Texas players ran past it. I think it was 14 [Haines] that picked up the ball and handed the ball to the official."
I don't know why it's so hard to just hold onto the ball until you are deep in the endzone. lol

Wow, beating up on the yearly doormat of the SEC. lol

Yeah but let us had lost to Vandy......it would be a big deal then...
On top of that, we whooped their azz! From what we were last year, its a big accomplishment and good showing before taking on Clemson and Miami!

Looks like the Big 10 is the best football conference so far and Louisville maybe the real number 1 team in the country right now with The Ohio State University as number 2.

Looks like the Big 10 is the best football conference so far and Louisville maybe the real number 1 team in the country right now with The Ohio State University as number 2.

Looks like Nebraska made the right hire in Mike Riley. If they can get back to being Nebraska. It would be good for the Big Ten. Michigan State is still strong. My Buckeyes are shocking me so far. I was content with this being a semi reload year. Meaning going 9-2. There is no one dominant team in college football yet. A lot of football left.

SEC looking about weak as water...

No QB play is hurting them. With all these dual threat QBs coming out of HS. The SEC will have to get over that good ole boy mentality and get some brothers in that position. Saban is smart. He saw the changes happening and adjusted. Some of the other schools have not done so. Also this new generation is not in awe of just heading to the SEC. It is about who will let them shine and play. The other thing is I look around at the coaching in the SEC. It is not as good as it was several years back.

Looks like Nebraska made the right hire in Mike Riley. If they can get back to being Nebraska. It would be good for the Big Ten. Michigan State is still strong. My Buckeyes are shocking me so far. I was content with this being a semi reload year. Meaning going 9-2. There is no one dominant team in college football yet. A lot of football left.

Looks like the cornhuskers are ready to return to glory.

The do look weak, I keep waiting for Tennessee and Georgia to show up, but they just don't.

I still don't know what is going to show up with LSU.

Hon me neither but I did make the call that Etling was better than Harry back in the spring and when I was there for that second and third week of fall practice I called then too....I love the way he does a check down for other options first before taking off and running I freaking love that!

????? Didn't we just witness a Slow10 contender, Iowa, lose to an FCS school? Northwestern did too. Wisconsin (another conference contender) nearly got housed by pitiful Georgia State. The Slow10 only has 3 solid teams, Ohio State, Michigan, and Nebraska. Michigan State nearly choked a big lead away to Notre Dame.

Yeah but let us had lost to Vandy......it would be a big deal then...
On top of that, we whooped their azz! From what we were last year, its a big accomplishment and good showing before taking on Clemson and Miami!
Oh yeah I would have jumped all over you about losing to the doormat of the SEC. lol

The Big 10 has 3 strong programs, more than any other conference.

The Big 12 is a mess and I dont have a read on the Pac 12

Oh yeah I would have jumped all over you about losing to the doormat of the SEC. lol

Right.. ya'll would have made a WHOLE dayum topic!
We about to enter the top 25 after we whoop Clemson this week tho! Clemson has not beat us in ATL since 2003!

????? Didn't we just witness a Slow10 contender, Iowa, lose to an FCS school? Northwestern did too. Wisconsin (another conference contender) nearly got housed by pitiful Georgia State. The Slow10 only has 3 solid teams, Ohio State, Michigan, and Nebraska. Michigan State nearly choked a big lead away to Notre Dame.

The slow Ten aint that slow Number 1. ND State would probably scare some SEC teams too. Didn't UGA just get pushed by Nicholls State? Iowa was never going to be a contender. Folks just love Ferentz. Big Ten folks know Iowa has no talent.

Michigan State is solid. Ain't nothing wrong with getting pushed by ND who would beat a lot of SEC teams at South Bend. Wisconsin style of ball allows EVERYONE to be in games with them. Nothing new. But let's face it. The SEC aint the big BAD SEC no more. Even ole Paul Finebaum agrees. Coaching and bad QB play is hurting the conference.

Don't y'all sleep on Texas A&M vs. Arkansas. Those 2 could very well make some noise.

Aint no Brett B team going to make no noise. He will find a way to lose to somebody. Sumlin is coaching for another contract. So he make knock off some folks.

Back