NBA Free Agency

Status
Not open for further replies.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Nets don't even have a coach....Shaun Livingston just left and the Clippers are looking at Paul Pierce. Nevertheless, 8th seed means we are in the playoffs which is the best we can hope for at this point.

They are close to hiring Hollins. Would you feel comfortable with the Celtics playing the Heat in the first round?

Making the playoffs in the 6-8 position is meaningless. Teams in those slots historically have no shot at winning the championship. You're in basketball hell. It is better to either tank to get a stud in the draft or sign big name FAs.

Not really true. The Knicks have been a 8th seed and were able to make it all the way to the finals. It's all about what team gets hot at the right time.

Not really true. The Knicks have been a 8th seed and were able to make it all the way to the finals. It's all about what team gets hot at the right time.

That was 15 years ago, and that's the only time in league history a team in that position. Had gone to the Finals.

Getting hot at the right time in the NBA playoffs is a false idea to have considering teams play series, not one game.

You can only really say that about the 1995 Rockets as a team that got hot at the right time and won the whole thing. But they were defending champions, though.

Otherwise, being 6-8 seed gets you no closer to a title. Basketball isn't random at the NBA level.

Damian Lillard hit an amazing shot. 54 wins compare to a 27 wins. Dwight will be in the playoff again this season while the Lakers will be still searching for a coach. you Laker fans are delusional.

They lost out in the first round for the 2nd straight year. That's all that matters. That's the difference between fans of mediocre franchises and fans of teams that expect nothing short of a title.

That was 15 years ago, and that's the only time in league history a team in that position. Had gone to the Finals.

Getting hot at the right time in the NBA playoffs is a false idea to have considering teams play series, not one game.
You can only really say that about the 1995 Rockets as a team that got hot at the right time and won the whole thing. But they were defending champions, though.

Otherwise, being 6-8 seed gets you no closer to a title. Basketball isn't random at the NBA level.

So people had the Dallas Mavericks winning it all the year that they won it?

So people had the Dallas Mavericks winning it all the year that they won it?

They were the No.3 seed.

I don't think many picked them to beat Miami, but it's not out of possibility for a seed that high to win a title. It's happened 7 times in league history.

They lost out in the first round for the 2nd straight year. That's all that matters. That's the difference between fans of mediocre franchises and fans of teams that expect nothing short of a title.

Man get outta here with that nonsense. Lakers about to go on a big championship drought. The Lakers franchise is below average now.

They were the No.3 seed.

I don't think many picked them to beat Miami, but it's not out of possibility for a seed that high to win a title. It's happened 7 times in league history.

Not the question I asked but to answer my question people weren't giving the Mav a chance to win the NBA Title that year. The Mavs would constantly go up against a team like the Spurs and lose but that year they got hot and it carried on to the finals where they beat Miami.

Dallas won 57 games in the West that season to Miami's 58 (in the lEast)

Even with Dallas winning that money games, people still didn't think they would come out the West. They thought that they would fold like usual

Dallas won 57 games in the West that season to Miami's 58 (in the lEast)

Folks were ready to run Rick Carlise out of town that year if they lost in the first round for what the 5th time since going ot the Finals with Avery.

Rick was a dead man walking and everybody knew it.

Folks still had doubt after they abused the Lakers with that sweep.

It is better to either tank to get a stud in the draft or sign big name FAs.

And if my coach or GM thought like that-I would FIRE them on the spot. The draft and signing big names is not always rocket science.

How many draft trades or contract dumping or trading for a name help a team? Last time I checked a bunch of no names (or one big star and some change) won titles in San Antonio, Houston, Boston, Dallas & Detroit in the 2000s. While a bunch of big names sat at house like John Wall, Derrick Rose, Curry & Paul.

How many more injury prone players with hype will Philly keep getting?
The draft has been mean to Cleveland.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
And if my coach or GM thought like that-I would FIRE them on the spot. The draft and signing big names is not always rocket science.

How many draft trades or contract dumping or trading for a name help a team? Last time I checked a bunch of no names (or one big star and some change) won titles in San Antonio, Houston, Boston, Dallas & Detroit in the 2000s. While a bunch of big names sat at house like John Wall, Derrick Rose, Curry & Paul.

How many more injury prone players with hype will Philly keep getting?
The draft has been mean to Cleveland.

1.How do you think the Spurs were able to draft Duncan? They tanked when Robinson got hurt.

2. The C's appeared in two NBA Finals and three ECF after trading for big name players like Allen and KG.

3. Who are all these no-name players on the Rockets, Mavs and Spurs? You mean future HOFer Duncan? All-Star Tony Parker? Last I checked when the Rockets won championships they had Hakeem and Drexler out there. I'm sure the Mavs had Dirk, whose going to be in the HOF. And Jason Kidd, who is going to be in the HOF. Tyson Chandler, who was DPOTY.
The 2004 Pistons had Top 5 players at their positions.

Great, star players put your team in a position to win titles. If you don't have those guys, your team will be the Hawks. Just good enough to be not that bad.

Rockets pitched Melo with Jeremy Lin's number, Lin's not thrilled

The Houston Rockets hosted Carmelo Anthony Wednesday morning as part of Melo's tour de free agency. As part of their presentation, they showed billboards with Melo in a Rockets jersey. Specifically, No. 7.

Funny thing about that, though: Jeremy Lin is No. 7.

Awkward.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Luke 6:29 - If someone slaps you on one cheek, turn to them the other also. If someone takes your coat, do not withhold your shirt from them</p>&mdash; Jeremy Lin (@JLin7) <a href="https://twitter.com/JLin7/statuses/484390703099691008">July 2, 2014</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/eye-on...elo-with-jeremy-lins-number-lins-not-thrilled

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back