NBA Finals

Status
Not open for further replies.
Most people at that time, including me, thought Jordan was carryin Phil, Pippen and the rest to championships. Turns out he wasnt - the clear leader sure but those guys played integral parts. Even back in 1991 when the first championship was won. Pippen by then was the league's best defender and a true playmaker on offense. He actually ran the offense for the bulls and set the tone defensively. Phil Jackson put together a system that played to the strengths of his players. Don't tell me they, along with Horace Grant(one of the best PFs during that time) and skilled shooters like John Paxon didn't make Jordan's job easier. Yes Jordan was the clear leader of that team, but he didn't have to do EVERYTHING like Lebron does. No player in history has carried a weak team as far as Lebron. If at any time the Bulls had lost Grant/Rodman or Pippen, their playoff run would've been over. Period. Even during that late 90s finals run when the NBA was weak as water.

I hear you folk lol

Lol @ H.Grant one of the best PF at that time yea ok folk smh

Lol

I hear you folk, but in those 3 seasons 91,92,93, Wilkins was a better player...now compare them now, I and most will say Pippen, but in those years, Pippen name wasn't been put in nobody's hat as being a top SF in the league in those years.91,92,93...

Again, because the perception may have been wrong then doesn't make it set in stone today. Serious question, other than scoring, how was Nique better during those years?

Cleveland should of held on to Andrew Wiggins. well thats water under the bridge now.

It's going to be a growing debate as Wiggins improves. My personal belief was that they should have kept him to start the season. That Kevin Love trade would have still been there in January/February.

Again, because the perception may have been wrong then doesn't make it set in stone today. Serious question, other than scoring, how was Nique better during those years?

Uh...
Dude was playing lights out ball folk Lol..what is you asking me again?

Uh...
Dude was playing lights out ball folk Lol..what is you asking me again?

No he was scoring and doing nothing else. The question is simply how was he better than someone who wasn't quite as prolific at scoring but was far superior in ever other aspect of the game?

No he was scoring and doing nothing else. The question is simply how was he better than someone who wasn't quite as prolific at scoring but was far superior in ever other aspect of the game?

folk
the 91 season he was dayum near a walking double double lol..what is you talking about..
He had nobody on his team and led them to the playoffs lol..come on bruh..you really putting Pippen over Wilkins...in that 91-93 era??
Wilkins was balling outta control those years..he got hurt in 92 and still was putting up stats..
As far as guarding a player, I don't know where you got that from..cuz dude was a defender lol..I'm not sure where did you get that from that he wasn't a good defender...

It's going to be a growing debate as Wiggins improves. My personal belief was that they should have kept him to start the season. That Kevin Love trade would have still been there in January/February.

I say that now because of how well Thompson played, and with Irving being hurt Wiggins could of help Lebron how alot i think

Beans always on DRose case about being injuried. Kryie has had a different injury on a different part of his body every year he been in the league. Shoulder/Foot/Knee cap and etc.

I say that now because of how well Thompson played, and with Irving being hurt Wiggins could of help Lebron how alot i think

Love could've helped a whole lot if he hadn't been hurt - might have swung things Cleveland's way. Can't really plan for a freak injury like that. I think Love and Thompson would make a nice frontcourt pairing.

Dominique wasn't better overall than Pippen other than scoring, but I would take either one in their primes.

I'm speaking on one specific era..not overall career...91-93 seasons..Wilkins was the best/top SF in the league not Pippen

LeBron had a weak team because he "hand-picked" them. JR Smith, Shumpert, Mosgov, and Perkins. He's too "friendly" and that kills him. He wanted to be on a team with all of his friends like he was playing ball at the YMCA and it came back to hurt him. You don't go and pick up Mike Miller, James Jones, Shawn Marion, and Kendrick Perkins and then complain and say he has no help....

LeBron had a weak team because he "hand-picked" them. JR Smith, Shumpert, Mosgov, and Perkins. He's too "friendly" and that kills him. He wanted to be on a team with all of his friends like he was playing ball at the YMCA and it came back to hurt him. You don't go and pick up Mike Miller, James Jones, Shawn Marion, and Kendrick Perkins and then complain and say he has no help....

Lebron had a weak team because 2 of his top players were hurt. I saw a stat somewhere that showed Cleveland was 32-3 the last 35 times all 3 played together. That was a pretty good team the Cavs put together, they were just snake-bitten in the playoffs. It happens. JR Smith, Shumpert, Mosgov and even Jones were decent pickups but they weren't brought in to play heavy minutes and or shoulder the scoring load. But that's what ended up happening due to injuries.

Lebron had a weak team because 2 of his top players were hurt. I saw a stat somewhere that showed Cleveland was 32-3 the last 35 times all 3 played together. That was a pretty good team the Cavs put together, they were just snake-bitten in the playoffs. It happens. JR Smith, Shumpert, Mosgov and even Jones were decent pickups but they weren't brought in to play heavy minutes and or shoulder the scoring load. But that's what ended up happening due to injuries.

Even if they had Irving and Love there's still not enough depth and not enough shots to go around. Thompson and Shumpert or Smith would come off the bench but who do you go with after that? Love and Irving sure wasn't going to do anything on the defensive end...

Even if they had Irving and Love there's still not enough depth and not enough shots to go around. Thompson and Shumpert or Smith would come off the bench but who do you go with after that? Love and Irving sure wasn't going to do anything on the defensive end...

Add Love and Irving to the mix and you have a good 8 man rotation. One that can beat any team in the league. Delladova, Smith, and Mozgov would be much better coming off the bench playing 15-20 mins a game. You don't want them as your starters and certainly not as main options. Smith might've been Cleveland's 2nd best offensive player this finals - no team with Smith as a primary option should even be in the playoffs.

So the team Kobe took to the finals and had Boston down 20+ points on their home floor in game six was good. Pau Gasol had just showed up in Feb, Trevor Ariza was fresh back from and Injury. Lamar Odom was scared. That team was not stacked yet they took the three headed monster in Boston to six games and the brink in game six....

folk
the 91 season he was dayum near a walking double double lol..what is you talking about..
He had nobody on his team and led them to the playoffs lol..come on bruh..you really putting Pippen over Wilkins...in that 91-93 era??
Wilkins was balling outta control those years..he got hurt in 92 and still was putting up stats..
As far as guarding a player, I don't know where you got that from..cuz dude was a defender lol..I'm not sure where did you get that from that he wasn't a good defender...

LOL where do I begin?

You mentioned that Wilkins was a walking double double. Well Pippen had more double doubles over that stretch and 9 triple doubles (Nique had none).

You really must not have been around if you think Wilkins was a good defender. He was one of the worst defenders at his position throughout his career. Every advanced metric backs this up.

So the team Kobe took to the finals and had Boston down 20+ points on their home floor in game six was good. Pau Gasol had just showed up in Feb, Trevor Ariza was fresh back from and Injury. Lamar Odom was scared. That team was not stacked yet they took the three headed monster in Boston to six games and the brink in game six....

That Lakers team still had a heckavu lot more than this Cavs team. You say Gasol showed up in Feb, when did Shumpert, Smith and Mozgov show up for the Cavs? You're talking about 3 of the Cavs top 5 players, along with the Thompson. I'd take Gasol then over any 5 players besides Lebron from that bunch Cleveland rolled out in the finals.

And if you call getting blown out by 40 in game six being taken to the "brink"....Ok

Once again I'm right. You don't have to be physical to be a good player, just a smart one who can shoot some nasty 3's!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back