NBA Finals

Status
Not open for further replies.

Buy YOU are the one claiming to be ALWAYS right.

Man dude be copping pleas like a mugg...I'm like the dude is good and all but he aint seeing Jordan or Kobe in their prime...no way in hell..he don't even have a outside pull up game...smh..

Man dude be copping pleas like a mugg...I'm like the dude is good and all but he aint seeing Jordan or Kobe in their prime...no way in hell..he don't even have a outside pull up game...smh..

You make up stuff out of thin air, then when confronted about it say, "it's just my opinion."

man please.

You make up stuff out of thin air, then when confronted about it say, "it's just my opinion."

man please.

Bruh LBJ has gone scoreless in a 4th quarter of a NBA Finals (twice)..pull up any game Jordan or Kobe done any of that...I'll wait..

So I made this up huh LOL...stop bruh..

I said it's your opinion that you have LBJ better than Jordan and Kobe that's what I said..

Bruh LBJ has gone scoreless in a 4th quarter of a NBA Finals (twice)..pull up any game Jordan or Kobe done any of that...I'll wait..

So I made this up huh LOL...stop bruh..

I said it's your opinion that you have LBJ better than Jordan and Kobe that's what I said..
Nobody said he was better than Jordan.

I remember when Jordan went on sabbatical and the Bulls replaced him with Toni Kukoc and some scrub and almost made the finals. Now that was a weaker NBA back then and the Bulls still had an all-time great as coach. But that's telling in my book. I also remember Kobe Bryant wandering in the wilderness, and jacking up shots for a couple of years after Shaq until the Lakers rebuilt their roster. And again, he had an all-time great coaching him. Lebron had David Blatt, a guy who's been coaching in Europe the last few years; Tristan Thompson, a good rebounder and defender who can't do anything on offense; and a bunch of scrubs. Jordan is the greatest player in history, but he's never been asked to do what Lebron did - not even for a short stretch of the season and certainly not in the finals. No one has. Before these playoffs I had Lebron in my definite top 6 of all time. Now?? He's number 2. That's how I see it.

I'm starting to think your knowledge of that era is solely based on highlights. Wilkins was a great scorer and nothing else.

I stopped reading right there..I gave you a name that in 91 -93 I thought was a better SF than Pippen..with time Pippen surpassed dude but IMO back in that era/ in those years, Wilkins was put over Pippen in any media talk or even barbershop talk..again NOW, it's different
Wilkins was the face of the Hawks Lol..what is you saying dude..Pippen was just coming into his own in 91-93...those years..he was good but he wasn't on D.Wilkins level..

I remember when Jordan went on sabbatical and the Bulls replaced him with Toni Kukoc and some scrub and almost made the finals. Now that was a weaker NBA back then and the Bulls still had an all-time great as coach. But that's telling in my book. I also remember Kobe Bryant wandering in the wilderness, and jacking up shots for a couple of years after Shaq until the Lakers rebuilt their roster. And again, he had an all-time great coaching him. Lebron had David Blatt, a guy who's been coaching in Europe the last few years; Tristan Thompson, a good rebounder and defender who can't do anything on offense; and a bunch of scrubs. Jordan is the greatest player in history, but he's never been asked to do what Lebron did - not even for a short stretch of the season and certainly not in the finals. No one has. Before these playoffs I had Lebron in my definite top 6 of all time. Now?? He's number 2. That's how I see it.

Bruh yall keep saying an all-time coach..but Phil wasn't an all time coach back then LOL..this is what yall fail to insert into yall minds..yall keep saying ole Jordan had HOF Pippen and etc players, but at that time them dudes wasn't no HOF gamers like yall putting them to be...Phil only won 3 rings..so how in the hell was he an all-time coach???

Dude do you know the teams Jordan faced in the finals..
All the teams he face the Cavs wouldn't beat them..

Phoenix Suns
Utah Jazz
Portland
Lakers
Sonics

None of these teams LBJ would be able to beat in a 7 game series...

and you saying the Bulls would have struggled against the Thunders and old ass Tim Duncan??

I stopped reading right there..I gave you a name that in 91 -93 I thought was a better SF than Pippen..with time Pippen surpassed dude but IMO back in that era/ in those years, Wilkins was put over Pippen in any media talk or even barbershop talk..again NOW, it's different
Wilkins was the face of the Hawks Lol..what is you saying dude..Pippen was just coming into his own in 91-93...those years..he was good but he wasn't on D.Wilkins level..

I didn't realize media and barbershop conversations determined who was a superior player. In fact, those are the exact types to get caught up in scoring numbers and ignore other parts of the game. So he was the face of the Hawks, that and a dollar will buy you a cup of tea. Whether you realize it or not, he was only a great scorer. He certainly didn't guard anybody, and he wasn't a creator for his teammates. Scottie was by far the superior, more complete player.

Most people at that time, including me, thought Jordan was carryin Phil, Pippen and the rest to championships. Turns out he wasnt - the clear leader sure but those guys played integral parts. Even back in 1991 when the first championship was won. Pippen by then was the league's best defender and a true playmaker on offense. He actually ran the offense for the bulls and set the tone defensively. Phil Jackson put together a system that played to the strengths of his players. Don't tell me they, along with Horace Grant(one of the best PFs during that time) and skilled shooters like John Paxon didn't make Jordan's job easier. Yes Jordan was the clear leader of that team, but he didn't have to do EVERYTHING like Lebron does. No player in history has carried a weak team as far as Lebron. If at any time the Bulls had lost Grant/Rodman or Pippen, their playoff run would've been over. Period. Even during that late 90s finals run when the NBA was weak as water.

JR Smith disappointed me more than anybody in this series. He should have been the second leading scorer every damn game with his skill set.

He didn't step up at all, IMO. Also, Platt should have gone to his bench a little more. Not sure why Marion and KP didn't play as much. Platt should have used Mike Miller to come in like Phil Jackson used to do with Kerr. Come off the bench and shoot a couple of quick 3's and sit back down until its time to come back out there and do it again.

Most people, including me, thought Jordan was carry Phil, Pippen and the rest to championships. Turns out he wasnt - the clear leader sure but those guys played integral parts. Even back in 1991 when the first championship was won. Pippen by then was the league's best defender and a true playmaker on offense. He actually ran the offense for the bulls and set the tone defensively. Phil Jackson put together a system that played to the strengths of his players. Don't tell me they, along with Horace Grant(one of the best PFs during that time) and skilled shooters like John Paxon didn't make Jordan's job easier. Yes Jordan was the clear leader of that team, but he didn't have to do EVERYTHING like Lebron does. No player in history has carried a weak team as far as Lebron. If at any time the Bulls had lost Grant/Rodman or Pippen, their playoff run would've been over. Period. Even during that late 90s finals run when the NBA was weak as water.
Actually it was Tex Winters who put that system together

He didn't step up at all, IMO. Also, Platt should have gone to his bench a little more. Not sure why Marion and KP didn't play as much. Platt should have used Mike Miller to come in like Phil Jackson used to do with Kerr. Come off the bench and shoot a couple of quick 3's and sit back down until its time to come back out there and do it again.

You can't hid minus defenders now like you could back then. And Mike Miller didn't have his shot this year for whatever reason. Its like his legs were gone.

Every time Mike Miller step on the court, it was like I needed to set up a telethon to help raise money for him. The man could barely walk and run. I can say the same for Perkins. lol

Actually it was Tex Winters who put that system together

Tex Winter created the triangle offense, when I said system I meant the entire team. Including defense and managing personalities/egos. I give Phil a lot of credit, even though I can't stand his azz.

I didn't realize media and barbershop conversations determined who was a superior player. In fact, those are the exact types to get caught up in scoring numbers and ignore other parts of the game. So he was the face of the Hawks, that and a dollar will buy you a cup of tea. Whether you realize it or not, he was only a great scorer. He certainly didn't guard anybody, and he wasn't a creator for his teammates. Scottie was by far the superior, more complete player.

Lol

I hear you folk, but in those 3 seasons 91,92,93, Wilkins was a better player...now compare them now, I and most will say Pippen, but in those years, Pippen name wasn't been put in nobody's hat as being a top SF in the league in those years.91,92,93...

Ya'll love Perkins for some reason even though he's rotting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back