NBA Finals - Celtics vs Lakers

Who do you think will win the NBA

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Paul Peirce going Willis Reed on us and our inability to make a basket was the difference. Sasha missed a three that rimmed out and fisher's shot rimmed out on the offensive rebound. The Celtics got this one no excuses. We didn't hit shots.

The Celtics are playing physical with the Lakers. The Lakers may have too many Euros on the team. Some of them looked like a deer in headlights. If KG plays like this the whole series with that passion......it may be a short series. And he said he sucked at the press conference when asked about his play.

Rondo was key like I thought he would have to be. He has to play well because Fish is a better player than he is at this point.

The Celtics front line is more physical and they are deeper bench wise than the Lakers. With Leon Powe and PJ Brown coming off the bench. Heck they didn't even bring out another 6 fouls in Big Baby. Perkins injury will be key as well. He will need to be able to go on Sunday.

ET..........err..........Sam Cassell showed why he is a valuable asset in big games. That is his m.o. If he gets confidence then he can cause issues.

I expect Kobe to come out on fire in game 2. Phil and his staff will make adjustments. So it will be a better game from the Lakers. But if the Big 3 and that Celtics bench play like that again.......it is going to be hard. I think the media overlooked how decent and balanced the Celtics bench is. Posey added some quality minutes too.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
ET..........err..........Sam Cassell showed why he is a valuable asset in big games. That is his m.o. If he gets confidence then he can cause issues.

Man, the Predator was rippin Fisher a new one. :lmao: Fisher didnt know what the Predator was going to do next. I like it!!!!

The Celtics are playing physical with the Lakers. The Lakers may have too many Euros on the team. Some of them looked like a deer in headlights. If KG plays like this the whole series with that passion......it may be a short series. And he said he sucked at the press conference when asked about his play.

Rondo was key like I thought he would have to be. He has to play well because Fish is a better player than he is at this point.

The Celtics front line is more physical and they are deeper bench wise than the Lakers. With Leon Powe and PJ Brown coming off the bench. Heck they didn't even bring out another 6 fouls in Big Baby. Perkins injury will be key as well. He will need to be able to go on Sunday.

I expect Kobe to come out on fire in game 2. Phil and his staff will make adjustments. So it will be a better game from the Lakers. But if the Big 3 and that Celtics bench play like that again.......it is going to be hard. I think the media overlooked how decent and balanced the Celtics bench is. Posey added some quality minutes too.

The Celtics played the best ball they could play, yet the Lakers were still in it late in the fourth. Everything fell right for them, and I do mean everything.
Lucky four point plays, Lakers not being in the penalty for the entire fourth quarter, shot after shot rimming out in the fourth, Boston's starters and bench players feeding off the crowd while getting home-cooking calls/no-calls and Kobe going 9-29. It will take the same effort for the Celtics to win game two. I don't see all of this happening again in game two, another "must win" game for the Celtics.

Basketball is about making adjustments mentally and physically. The series is just getting started.:tup:

1. Of course some of the Lakers were aprehensive in Game 1. It was their first trip to the Finals. Even Phil Jackson said the teams were playing unsettled in the early stages of the game.

2. I don't think the reason why the Lakers lost is because of too many european players. That is a crazy statement to make. Pau Gasol, Sasha and Radmonvich were key contributors that helped the Lakers get to the Finals.

3. I do not think that the Lakers need to make too many adjustments Sunday. The Lakers have to make shots.

As bad as they shot in the second half, the Lakers were still in it until the end. The only adjustment I would make is double KG in the early stages of the game to throw his rhythm off. The Lakers can not leave KG on Gasol in single coverage.

The Celtics played the best ball they could play, yet the Lakers were still in it late in the fourth.

:confused: Sorry RobJay, but the Celtics didnt play their best ball. Of course they look like they did against the Lakers, but they didnt really.

:confused: Sorry RobJay, but the Celtics didnt play their best ball. Of course they look like they did against the Lakers, but they didnt really.

Let's see....Pierce shot above his average, Garnett shot above his average, Allen shot above his playoff average, Cassell shot above his average and even Rondo played above his average. In other words, they played over their head, plus they were at home. It will be hard for them to top this feat in game two, because those same guys will have to shoot above their average again in order for the Celtics to win, and Kobe will have to go another 9-29 as well, which is certainly not likely to happen two games in a row.

That would be the worst thing to happen to the Celtics. That dude started running down the floor jacking up shots. The Celtics are not built for that. I hope that OLD dude remains on the bench. Eddie House is much better.

Let's see....Pierce shot above his average, Garnett shot above his average, Allen shot above his playoff average, Cassell shot above his average and even Rondo played above his average. In other words, they played over their head, plus they were at home. It will be hard for them to top this feat in game two, because those same guys will have to shoot above their average again in order for the Celtics to win, and Kobe will have to go another 9-29 as well, which is certainly not likely to happen two games in a row.

RobJay, the Big 3 did what they always do. But you have to look at other categories. Was Garnett a defensive presence last night? Did Pierce lock down his man and grab rebounds? Did Rondo penetrate to get others involved? You cant really count Cassell, cause he doesnt get in too often, so you just dont know. And, what did Perkins do? That's how you can tell if they played a great game.

Kobe played Game the way he's played the entire playoffs. He tried to get his teammates involved and it worked for most of the game.

However, Boston just made plays and made shots. Even when Kobe was on the bench in the 4th quarter, the Lakers were still in the game until the last minute. This was a team loss tonight if you are L.A. Boston made all the hustle plays and big shots when they needed it. That is why Boston is up 1-0.

Just like the commentator had to correct a blind Kobe fan last night...."Are you even watching what's going on!?!?!" Kobe can't guard Pierce without a double team... And on the offensive end.. I don't buy Kobe was trying to get his team mates involved bit, because when he tried to get them involved he did.. the problem was Boston TEAM defense wasn't allowing Kobe many easy shots.. Kobe is a great player and all but lets call it what it is, he's no Jordan.. and Boston defense played Kobe very well last night...

You would crazy to believe Kobe didn't try HARD to do what he can scoring wise to try to win game one....

If I'm not mistaking this is the Lakers first Game 1 lost this entire play-off series right???

LIKE I SAID earlier "anyone is a FOOL if you think SPURS is a better and hungrier team than the Celtics"...

But I'll let the Laker experts continue to make these bone head expert finals analysis..
AGAIN like I told some on here.. Fisher is a better player than Rondo... But the style Fisher play, Rondo don't have to be great to contain him .. or if he don't contain him.. ain't like Fisher about to go off unless he do what the Celtic want him to do, take a bunch of outside shots.. Ain't like he no Ginobli.

Lakers whole team isn't as hungry as Kobe is... they are playing hard... But you have a en tire Celtic team especially the BIG 3 tat will do what it takes to take this.. Odom looks like he is just happy to be there..

Peace

Again

Celtics in 6
:tup:

Umm.... KG shot 53% from the field in the regular season....51% in the playoffs..... 9/22 last night....

Serious question:

Are you really this delusional?

1. Of course some of the Lakers were aprehensive in Game 1. It was their first trip to the Finals. Even Phil Jackson said the teams were playing unsettled in the early stages of the game.

2. I don't think the reason why the Lakers lost is because of too many european players. That is a crazy statement to make. Pau Gasol, Sasha and Radmonvich were key contributors that helped the Lakers get to the Finals.

3. I do not think that the Lakers need to make too many adjustments Sunday. The Lakers have to make shots.

As bad as they shot in the second half, the Lakers were still in it until the end. The only adjustment I would make is double KG in the early stages of the game to throw his rhythm off. The Lakers can not leave KG on Gasol in single coverage.

Uh Kendrick.......you take stuff so literal. The Euros play finesse ball. I think the Lakers need more front line physical play and they are not built that way. The Celtics have been in 3 physical series and play in the EAST. Only the Spurs play that physical in the West and they can't do it as well anymore because their bench is old. DNice and I talked about this before the series and he called it. He said the Celtics would be more physical than the Lakers. You got to admit the Celtics front line and front line bench is bigger than the Lakers without Bynum being there. Also Sasha is having to play defense against Ray, Posey, Pierce, Cassell etc...... they are all bigger than he is. Did you see how they were bumping him. Radmonvich looked the same way. Gasol played okay. The only thing the Celts need to do with Sasha is not leave him out there alone on defense. They gave too many open looks.

That would be the worst thing to happen to the Celtics. That dude started running down the floor jacking up shots. The Celtics are not built for that. I hope that OLD dude remains on the bench. Eddie House is much better.

I disagree. Cassell has no fear and that is what you need on the big stage. At this point he is like the Microwave Vinny Johnson was back in the day. Daley would let him go until he gets out of control and then bench him. Doc can do the same for the Celtics and Cassell. Dude has been clutch in the playoffs before and yes he will jack up some BS.......but usually he doesn't cause you a game. Especially since he is a bench player. I tell you what......I wouldn't leave Cassell arse open at the end of game.......

Eddie House may be a younger player but he does not have Cassell's playoff experience. I am sure Doc Rivers will insert House if Cassell has a bad game. But right now........I would keep playing ET. Besides Rondo is going to be on the floor in crunch time unless he has fugged up all game. Cassell makes the Lakers point guards have to play defense. They can't run off and leave him open like they will Rondo.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop

Only main problem I see for Boston is Rondo matching up with Fisher.. But it's not too big of a deal with the type of role FIsher plays on offense... He don't really drive in the lane like Billups... He spreads the offense out for his open shots.... Rondo just have to stay with him while he is spreading the floor and stay on him to contest his shots... Other than that Kobe will be a factor.. but the biggest factor will be the bench play...
The series will come down to how much Lakers/Celtics can get done with the people that got them there on the floor, plain and simple...

KG/Pierce/Allen/Rondo/Perkins will all be accountable for what happens this series just like they have every series they played..

Has Lakers lost GAME 1 before?

Another problem the Lakers will have is Rebounding. The Celtics will get more boards than them and also lets not forget that The Celtics have a top 3 if not the top defense in the NBA. They held Kobe to 34% from the floor and under 30 pts. LA's bench is weaker than I thought.

Just think, Perkins didn't even have a good game.

I disagree. Cassell has no fear and that is what you need on the big stage. At this point he is like the Microwave Vinny Johnson was back in the day. Daley would let him go until he gets out of control and then bench him. Doc can do the same for the Celtics and Cassell. Dude has been clutch in the playoffs before and yes he will jack up some BS.......but usually he doesn't cause you a game. Especially since he is a bench player. I tell you what......I wouldn't leave Cassell arse open at the end of game.......

Eddie House may be a younger player but he does not have Cassell's playoff experience. I am sure Doc Rivers will insert House if Cassell has a bad game. But right now........I would keep playing ET. Besides Rondo is going to be on the floor in crunch time unless he has fugged up all game. Cassell makes the Lakers point guards have to play defense. They can't run off and leave him open like they will Rondo.

Celtics were also making too many bad passes which turned into turnovers... I actually didn't think if that happen the Celtics would be able to beat the Lakers down the court on fast breaks.. But that another plus I saw in the Celtics last night..

Man..........KG said he sucked yesterday. The Celtics gave too many open looks to folks on the wings. Perkins did not have a good game. So they have not played their best game either. Rondo probably played a little over his head. Much better than I anticipated but all he has to do is not turn the ball over and keep the defense honest by knocking down the open shot. I think the Celtics are going to employ the same game plan the Pistons did when they played the Lakers a few years ago........run a whole bunch of folks at Kobe. You got too. No one can guard him by themselves all game. Make him into a jump shooter. Kobe scares me the most when gets to driving to basket and either finishing or passing off to an open team mate. You rather have him out there shooting long range jumpers. Nothing you can do about those anyway.

The main problem the Lakers had last night was shooting. Regardless of rebounds, KG, or Pierce, make the half the wide open shots you missed and you are playing for the win in the final few seconds.

Another problem the Lakers will have is Rebounding. The Celtics will get more boards than them and also lets not forget that The Celtics have a top 3 if not the top defense in the NBA. They held Kobe to 34% from the floor and under 30 pts. LA's bench is weaker than I thought.

Just think, Perkins didn't even have a good game.

He really didn't I expect much more from him in the rest of the series.. His is young and had to get adjusted.. I think he will be fine...He will be problems very soon for the Lakers....:tup:

Sam Cassell is that old azz man who comes to the gym and is slow as hell, but kills everyone on the court all day. Hell actually he DOES do that every summer at the Fonde Rec Center. LOL

Man..........KG said he sucked yesterday. The Celtics gave too many open looks to folks on the wings. Perkins did not have a good game. So they have not played their best game either. Rondo probably played a little over his head. Much better than I anticipated but all he has to do is not turn the ball over and keep the defense honest by knocking down the open shot. I think the Celtics are going to employ the same game plan the Pistons did when they played the Lakers a few years ago........run a whole bunch of folks at Kobe. You got too. No one can guard him by themselves all game. Make him into a jump shooter. Kobe scares me the most when gets to driving to basket and either finishing or passing off to an open team mate. You rather have him out there shooting long range jumpers. Nothing you can do about those anyway.

Exactly.. Long jumpers are low percentage shots.. and like you said nothing you can do about those with a player like Kobe.. unless he is having an all-star night, he will miss a good bit of those shots...

Exactly.. Long jumpers are low percentage shots.. and like you said nothing you can do about those with a player like Kobe.. unless he is having an all-star night, he will miss a good bit of those shots...

Both these teams are jump shooting teams (the 4 stars) so that could go either way. Garnett shot and made a ton 10-15' of jumpers before he missed like 9 in a row after that. Allen and Pierce were hot last night from the perimeter also.

Both these teams are jump shooting teams (the 4 stars) so that could go either way. Garnett shot and made a ton 10-15' of jumpers before he missed like 9 in a row after that. Allen and Pierce were hot last night from the perimeter also.
The difference is the Celtics can put KG in the post and force LA to double. LA really doesn't have that type of luxury, unless they are gonna run Kobe to the post.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back