• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fiyah

Administrator
Staff member
Who do you have?

I've attached a poll that will close after 2 days so get your vote in and then discuss the rest of the series.

I think the Celtics in 7, but it may end in 6. In order for the Lakers to win (If I'm Doc Rivers) Kobe would have to average 45 points a game. He's capable of doing that, but it would be because he has to put up a bunch of shots.

If I'm coaching, I tell my guy to make him put it on the floor and force him to have to finish and not kick it out. Stay on the perimeter shooters and box out Gasol and Odom... make Kobe the old Kobe. Might as well make him work to get his cuz you really can't stop him...too much individual talent. But don't leave those guys like Fisher and Vujavic and Radmonovich open for those killer threes.

Garnett should own Gasol and Odom... Paul Pierce will dominate anyone other than Kobe and Ray Allen is too good for either of the Euro's or Walton to guard.

I think the Celtics in 7, but it may end in 6. In order for the Lakers to win (If I'm Doc Rivers) Kobe would have to average 45 points a game. He's capable of doing that, but it would be because he has to put up a bunch of shots.

If I'm coaching, I tell my guy to make him put it on the floor and force him to have to finish and not kick it out. Stay on the perimeter shooters and box out Gasol and Odom... make Kobe the old Kobe. Might as well make him work to get his cuz you really can't stop him...too much individual talent. But don't leave those guys like Fisher and Vujavic and Radmonovich open for those killer threes.

Garnett should own Gasol and Odom... Paul Pierce will dominate anyone other than Kobe and Ray Allen is too good for either of the Euro's or Walton to guard.

MB, you alright with me bruh, but it's quite obvious that your strength is not basketball.:tup:

Lakers in 5 if they win game one.

Lakers in 6 if the Celtics win game one.

Man MB I will not break it down for you but the Lakers beat the best defensive team in the playoffs. Do you realize the Spurs simply don't foul. Kobe would go entire QTRS with no freethrow attempts. The Celtics hack alot. Fisher has played the best two of three point guards in the NBA in Parker and D Williams. Both can shoot, pass and are relentless. Now they have to play Rhondo who I like (Kentucky stand up) but he is not even close.
Garnett has to actually guard Gasol which will take him from under the goal. Lamar will pull Perkins from under the goal and thus making in less affective on the boards. Ray allen's age will affect him but his hate for Kobe will motivate him. Problem is when he gets off the team loses. Look for more of that. Paul Peirce is the only one with heart and he is streaky.40 today 17 tommorrow. LA bench is better and Kobe has made them strong so look for them to step up.

I mean Boston has played 5 more games than the Lakers and that will affect them too.I like the hawks. Joe Johnson and Tito my boys but the Hawks in 7 games.. GTFOOH....

Look at it like this.

Duncan vs. Garnett... Duncan is better and Gasol gave him fits...

Ray Allen vs. Ginobli....Ginobli is better and he got shut down

Paul peirce vs Tony Parker. Paul is a better offensive player they are even based on scoring. I mean Tony Parker can take over at times and has the best finish in the league as a PG.

Bowens vs Posey.. Bowens plays better defense

So we have faced a team similar to Boston. That team simply played face up defense with little fouls.

Lakers in 5..

This is tight............I will say the Celtics in 7. Both teams have weaknesses and can be exploited. Phil being the superior coach gives the Lakers a small edge. Kobe will be Kobe so that is a moot discussion......the series will revolve on who else shows up for the Lakers and if all of the Big 3 can play well. At minimum the Celtics need for 2 of the 3 to do their job every game and hope some of the role players can step up in case one of the Big 3 has an off night. Celtics got home court and if they can protect it then they will get by LA. I just got this funny feeling that Paul Pierce is going to go off on his hometown team. Should be a great series. It will be interesting to see which players have the jitters early on.

Look at it like this.

Paul peirce vs Tony Parker. Paul is a better offensive player they are even based on scoring. I mean Tony Parker can take over at times and has the best finish in the league as a PG.

So we have faced a team similar to Boston. That team simply played face up defense with little fouls.

Lakers in 5..
Only your first 2 comparisons are valid.... Can't really compare Pierce to Parker because Fisher or Farmar could guard Parker, neither will guard Pierce.

And Posey isn't even a starter.

Look at it like this.

Lakers in 5..

Duncan has no help up front......Garnett does with big bodies of Kendrick Perkins and they can bring Big Baby and Leon Powe plus PJ Brown off the bench. They are much deeper on the front line than San Antonio. Not to mention Duncan is not as athletic and long as Garnett. Not to mention Garnett is a better rebounder than Duncan. Duncan missed having another viable big man up front like he had with Big Dave and in recently he had Elson before they traded him. Elson was a bigger body than Kurt Thomas. Oberto was no help to him.

Posey is bigger than Bowen and younger. Plus he has a championship ring. He also is more athletic and can take it to hole where is Bowen is just a set shot 3 point guy. Remember Posey played well in Miami under Riley. If Perkins gets to being hard core in the paint........it can get ugly. He is a load. This will be where the Lakers will miss Bynum.

Only your first 2 comparisons are valid.... Can't really compare Pierce to Parker because Fisher or Farmar could guard Parker, neither will guard Pierce.

And Posey isn't even a starter.

My point is that the Spurs are a three headed monster too. Actually parker has the ball more than Paul so he affects the speed and tempo of the games more than peirce. Peirce is also foul prown.

If you can coach you should keep lamar on the wing so that whomever gaurds him has to come out from under the goal. You keep pau at the top of the key away from the goal. He can get by Garnett. That frees up Kobe to get to the hole. We didn't have that in the first two games. Bynum had to play closer to the goal. Rhondo will hurt them more than anything. We don't have to respect his game and we can put sasha young arse on Cassell.

My point with Posey is he is a good defender and he comes in during crucial times and can make big shots plus he has championship experience.

My point is that the Spurs are a three headed monster too. Actually parker has the ball more than Paul so he affects the speed and tempo of the games more than peirce. Peirce is also foul prown.

If you can coach you should keep lamar on the wing so that whomever gaurds him has to come out from under the goal. You keep pau at the top of the key away from the goal. He can get by Garnett. That frees up Kobe to get to the hole. We didn't have that in the first two games. Bynum had to play closer to the goal. Rhondo will hurt them more than anything. We don't have to respect his game and we can put sasha young arse on Cassell.

My point with Posey is he is a good defender and he comes in during crucial times and can make big shots plus he has championship experience.
I would think that Boston would start with Perkins on Gasol. KG matches up better with Odom. And even if Perkins has to foul Gasol, they have Powe/Davis/Brown to eat up minutes too.

LAKER's in 6 games.:nod:

Laker's will take game's #1, #3, and #4.
I'll give the Celtic's Game #2 and #5 on pride alone. :nod:
Game #6 will be it for 2008.

Laker's will be crowned Champs.:nod:

1-0 Celtics.

I got the Celtics in 6. The Lakers are real weak on the inside. The Celtics should punished them on the boards the whole series.

Looks like Game 1 came down to what I said would need to happen for either team to win...the role players had to step up. Boston's role players did and the Lakers role players did not. Then you add in Paul Pierce going Willis Reed on the Lakers, and it spelled doom for Los Angeles.

Looks like the Lakers don't have any answer for the big 3. Kobe only had 24 pts so the Greater than MJ b.s. Should stop now.....

Looks like the Lakers don't have any answer for the big 3. Kobe only had 24 pts so the Greater than MJ b.s. Should stop now.....

Kobe played Game the way he's played the entire playoffs. He tried to get his teammates involved and it worked for most of the game.

However, Boston just made plays and made shots. Even when Kobe was on the bench in the 4th quarter, the Lakers were still in the game until the last minute. This was a team loss tonight if you are L.A. Boston made all the hustle plays and big shots when they needed it. That is why Boston is up 1-0.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back