Mom Blames JSU Football Team for Son's Death

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry Cee, gots to disagree. The fight was one incident. When they left and returned, it became a new incident. They could have left and returned with more people and fought it out, but they returned as "armed perpetrators".

This is some of the most retarded logic i've ever heard. The fight was exactly what led to the shooting whether it was 30 seconds or an hour later. Why yall are trying to make this look like less than what it is is just sad.

If there was no fight over something ignorant, it would have been no gun involved. If someone apologizes and you still fight you caused the situation at hand. Only in our community do we not get it. Fights lead to death.

Bruh... even in criminal law, retaliation is not legal. Now, if the friend had pulled the gun DURING the fight, it would be different, but they left and CAME BACK to retaliate.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Sorry Cee, gots to disagree. The fight was one incident. When they left and returned, it became a new incident. They could have left and returned with more people and fought it out, but they returned as "armed perpetrators".

BB lets be honest, those days have been gone since the 50's. In our community since the 60's if a fight broke out, gun play came into play because of fragile egos. 70% of all the folks on the TSPN own guns because they don't wanna fight. They own then ==m for their so called safety as you all put it.

Bruh... even in criminal law, retaliation is not legal. Now, if the friend had pulled the gun DURING the fight, it would be different, but they left and CAME BACK to retaliate.

I agree with you 100%. Pulling the gun was a weak move, but if the players had walked away from the fight it would not have happened. Lets be honest, we all know the mob mentality of dudes who think they are bigger than you. Football players and them built dudes think because of their size they can intimidate you and slap you around. very few don't think that way. Why do you all think the football team is involved in so many fights on all our campuses. Year after year it is the same mess.

The sad part is you folks act like I am wrong because I state grown black men can't walk away from fight, and you folks call yourselves educated and better than street thugs? Only in our community. Now you see why the jail cells are 60% of black men.

You would be amazed at how white guys act in their own setting. This isn't just a "black man" problem. The media just have an easier time putting ours out there.

And I find it amusing that older guys forget the temper that they had when they were younger. I wonder how many of y'all would have actually walked away from the situation at age 19, 22, etc.

They dont seem to understand that J4L. They believe that it was ok for the guys to return with guns as "armed perpetrators" and retaliate.

This is some of the most retarded logic i've ever heard. The fight was exactly what led to the shooting whether it was 30 seconds or an hour later. Why yall are trying to make this look like less than what it is is just sad.
Try to use that in the court of law and let's see where that gets you.

The way this story is spinning is ....sad.

What is the spin? The only official information is that the police, who are the folks with the real evidence, are saying the guy's friend was who returned with a gun and started shooting after the initial altercation. The young man's father and brother are asking for JSU football players to brought up on assault charges.

Try to use that in the court of law and let's see where that gets you.

I agree with you. That won't hold up in court but MORALLY, eveything started with that fight. None of the football players seem to be criminally involved but they had a moral obligation to either not fight or break up the fight. If any current players are involved in the fight, Comegy is going to be forced to punish them if he does not do so on his own (which I am sure he will).

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
The young man's father and brother are asking for JSU football players to brought up on assault charges.

They can't be brought up on anything if retailation was involved. That then makes JSU football players the victim and they could counter sue Ryan's family.

This is all just sad. :(

I agree with you. That won't hold up in court but MORALLY, eveything started with that fight. None of the football players seem to be criminally involved but they had a moral obligation to either not fight or break up the fight. If any current players are involved in the fight, Comegy is going to be forced to punish them if he does not do so on his own (which I am sure he will).
Morally? TP, these are 20 year old kids. Tell me what "morally" do 20 year old kids do when an altercation occur? I've seen guys jump in a fight that didnt even concern them, just to say I got some licks in.

My point exactly TP. Folks wanna keep hollering about what happened 20 years ago. As a grown man I will not and can not accept the ignorance that goes on in our community. Fighting is ignorant period. At some point grown men have to learn to walk away. There is a reason pride is a sin.

Morally? TP, these are 20 year old kids. Tell me what "morally" do 20 year old kids do.
You are right BB. That is why the gun was brought into play because a bunch of kids are being taught by grown people fighting is the answer. Thanks for making our point.

They can't be brought up on anything if retailation was involved. That then makes JSU football players the victim and they could counter sue Ryan's family.

This is all just sad. :(

My point was that they aren't even pushing for murder charges for the football players. They only implicate them in the fight (assault).

My point exactly TP. Folks wanna keep hollering about what happened 20 years ago. As a grown man I will not and can not accept the ignorance that goes on in our community. Fighting is ignorant period. At some point grown men have to learn to walk away. There is a reason pride is a sin.
These arent "grown" men. These are late teens and early 20's. Tell me Cee, what was you doing in your late teens and early 20's? What morally was you doing on the yard?

Bottom line JSU football players as well as the young man friend all need to punished. They all cause a tragic death. The fight is the root cause, therefore they were involved. All need to be punished for their involvement. The trigger man jail and the other thugs kicked out of school.

Yep all involved need to be punished, even JSU football players.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back