MH...you were wrong

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mr. SWAC said:
On a Sunday morning........ with 1 days notice beforehand that your school would be playing in the championship......... 6127......... I say that is pretty good.

I don't think 6,127 is a bad number.

Texas Southern Fan said:
Alabama A&M, do y'all realized A&M went to the line 75 times in your first two games and 28 times in the final against State? Maybe A&M went to the line because they are a good low post team and a good rebounding team.
Y'all are really looking like some idiots right now. I taped the game and Bama St. fouled us 9 times within the FINAL 8 MINUTES of the championship game. That's 18 FT attempts for the slow people out there. That means before then we only went to the FT line 5 times.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
the band fan said:
Dallas, TX
Don't know...enolled at another school but it was 3-4K
Saturday
3:00 p.m. I think
ESPN 2
and this was a PV/TxSU championship game?????

*cough*tourney should be moved back to Biloxi*cough*

I think the problem is really with ONE of the schools. Alabama A&M did their part. If there were 6,000 people there, then atleast 4,000 had to be Alabama A&M. That's just how badly they outnumbered ASU.

NOISE TALKA said:
*cough*tourney should be moved back to Biloxi*cough*

What was so great about Biloxi? The basketball arena was old and out dated, no good restaurants, and nothing to do other than gamble.

Southern and Jackson St. made it to the finals in Biloxi, so you know there were other reasons the tournament didn't return to Biloxi. What year was the tournament in Biloxi (2000 is my guess)? That would mean the following year it went to B-ham.

It was cheaper for me to get to the tournament in Biloxi than B-ham. I flew into New Orleans and drove to Biloxi.

How far is Biloxi from all the SWAC Schools? TSU is 3.5 hours from Baton Rouge. PV is about 4 hours form Baton Rouge. How far is Baton Rouge from Biloxi?

New Orleans sounds like a win win location.

I like Dallas; it's a little less than 4 hours drive from Houston. What about the other SWAC Schools?

Texas Southern Fan said:
What was so great about Biloxi? The basketball arena was old and out dated, no good restaurants, and nothing to do other than gamble.

Southern and Jackson St. made it to the finals in Biloxi, so you know there were other reasons the tournament didn't return to Biloxi. What year was the tournament in Biloxi (2000 is my guess)? That would mean the following year it went to B-ham.

It was cheaper for me to get to the tournament in Biloxi than B-ham. I flew into New Orleans and drove to Biloxi.

How far is Biloxi from all the SWAC Schools? TSU is 3.5 hours from Baton Rouge. PV is about 4 hours form Baton Rouge. How far is Baton Rouge from Biloxi?

New Orleans sounds like a win win location.

I like Dallas; it's a little less than 4 hours drive from Houston. What about the other SWAC Schools?

I think about 6 or 7 from here..... New Orleans doesnt sound bad to me.

The New Orleans Arena would be nice. *shrug*. I just don't think it should be at either of the eteremes.... TEXAS and ALABAMA...on the edge.

SU fans aint goin to no basketball tournament.... GSU may have a FEW... Honeslty loooks like the only schools that will put fans in seats are AAMU, ASU, JSU and Alcorn.

If the tournament moved, Houston or New Orleans would get my vote. When you have the tourny in these small towns you run the risk of creating a transportation problem. People are more willing to fly to a Houston and New Orleans than other cities in swac states. Plus both offer well rounded packages that make them cities that people would want to go to.

ummm, the attendance for the championship game was 3 times the regular season attendance

why is there a discussion about moving the tourney to other cities?

:smh:

mighty hornet said:
ummm, the attendance for the championship game was 3 times the regular season attendance

Because it's a 10 hour drive for me. If I fly my total cost to see the tournament is approximately $400.00 to $500.00.

200.00 round trip flight
150.00 3 nights @ 50.00 a night = 150.00
150.00 food, tournament tickets, and car rental

Texas Southern Fan said:
Because it's a 10 hour drive for me. If I fly my total cost to see the tournament is approximately $400.00 to $500.00.

200.00 round trip flight

Who the hell are YOU????

DAHILL said:
Who the hell are YOU????

Well I think he is referring to the average SWAC fan that lives on either edge of the conference. Thats who he is. I think New Orleans would be ideal for the tourny because its midway of all the schools.

mighty hornet said:

DAHILL, This is the question I was answering.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
COACH said:
You didn't exsist until you came to the SWAC. In some cases you still don't. I didn't even know what aamu was until they came to the swac.

DAHILL said:
sad for you... you just let everyone know how ignorant you are.... Go SWAC!!!

DAHILL
Why are you acting like this is so far from the truth. Prior to Alabama State entry into the SWAC back in the early 80's I think. What SWAC team did you play on an annual basis?

MACHIAVELLI said:
DAHILL
Why are you acting like this is so far from the truth. Prior to Alabama State entry into the SWAC back in the early 80's I think. What SWAC team did you play on an annual basis?
Don't front dude. We scared you in CC in 1990 they cheated for you.

For those of you who just want to drive from Huntsville or Montgomery and back, having the tournament in Birmingham is GREAT. However, when you are like myself who would like to see the tournament and take in some other activities, it's time to move on.

The hotels are catering to soccer teams and conferences. Other than the bands and teams from some of the schools, Birmingham doesn't even know that we (SWAC Fans) are there. Actually, we're not because we are primarily driving from Hunstville and Montgomery.

If you're going to have it in Birmingham again next year, please give me a few suggestions of other things to do. I hate going to the Galleria Mall three times and count that as doing something. The McRaes there looks as though it's going out of business. I'm ready for a change. Anywhere else. Please!!!!!! If you're that good, you can win anywhere else, right? How about Pine Bluff? Can you win there?

Texas Southern Fan said:

200.00 round trip flight

So moving it to Houston would only mean that the people on the east side of the conference will incur the costs you just mentioned. OK, so this is so that the people in Houston can get a break and enjoy the tourney? Yet, when the tourney was held in Dallas, the attendance was.........

MACHIAVELLI said:
DAHILL

Actually we played a number of SWAC schools before the 80s. You may need to try another route on that.

Mike said:
So moving it to Houston would only mean that the people on the east side of the conference will incur the costs you just mentioned. OK, so this is so that the people in Houston can get a break and enjoy the tourney? Yet, when the tourney was held in Dallas, the attendance was.........

Actually that championship game when PV won was well attended. I wish I could find the actual numbers but depending on the size of that arena the crowd filled it nicely. It wasnt a sell out but it was a much larger crowd than the subsequent Bball championships at biloxi and SU. Furthermore, its not just about the people of houston. As people keep stating, Houston is the only swac city with an Alumni chapter from each school. Travel to and from the city wont be a problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back