McNair traded to the Ravens

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Well it's final,
THE TITANS A'INT GONE BE
SH@T FOR A LOOOOOOONG
TIME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

dumb fockers.

HE got traded for a fourth round pick

A FOURTH ROUND PICK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

how disrespectful can you get. :smh:

WELL,

GO RAVENS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

them some dirty bastards...
But Mac should fire his agent for letting the Titans deduct from his pay even after winning the league MVP. What the hell did they think was going to happen when the balloon payment was due? And its not like they used that money to keep players like Mason on the team.

Oh Well....GR guesses that all the Alcorn fans around here will have to order their Ravens jersey now.

The Titans are idiots.They look really bad in regards to the way they handled things.................But truth be told, McNair has seen his best days. A 4th round pick...No But tradeable. Can't argue with the Titans on that one.

I have to agree with you on that on DT. I don't think I would have given up a 4th round pick for an over the hill QB who has seen his best days and is a couple snaps from his next injury.

This is a "What have you done for me lately" business and not unless you are Brett Farve (where the entire community loves your stank underwear), then the front office can treat you however they want.

That is the main reason I love it when a player in his prime just up and decides he wants MORE MONEY for no apparent reason. The team don't live out their contract, neither should the player.

Da_Sperm said:
I have to agree with you on that on DT. I don't think I would have given up a 4th round pick for an over the hill QB who has seen his best days and is a couple snaps from his next injury.

This is a "What have you done for me lately" business and not unless you are Brett Farve (where the entire community loves your stank underwear), then the front office can treat you however they want.

That is the main reason I love it when a player in his prime just up and decides he wants MORE MONEY for no apparent reason. The team don't live out their contract, neither should the player.

I agree! I now have respect for T.O. he's about getting his money.

Da_Sperm said:

Totally agree with you. A 4th rounder means they just want you to go away and be somebody else problem. McNair should have never agreed on a balloon payment at the end of his contract. There was no way in the hell they was going to give him that jack. Get your money up front not at the back.

I don't think McNair is over the hill, moreso, the problem was he had no supporting cast. Add that to the Titans draft picks (prior to this year's draft), his support was dismal (Packman Jones in the first round????????). I agree on getting your money up front, but even with that, the Titans still treated him disrespectfully.

McNair will do fine in Baltimore. He had a lot of football left in him.

Regards.

Dr. Mac said:
... I agree on getting your money up front, but even with that, the Titans still treated him disrespectfully.

Regards.

The Titans did McNair a favor by letting him negotiate a deal with another team while the Titans still owned his rights and had to option of matching any offer made.

You will not get the money up front after the third contract - around nine years in the league. 99% of the players in the NFL are way past their prime at that point and it doesn't make good business sense for the team to do that. He could have taken the money up front, but he would have had to sign a much longer contract so the up front money could have been spread out over a larger time frame. He refused to do that with the previous contract. No disrespect by the Titans; just where he was in his career. The players and their agents know that going in. McNair knew exactly what he was doing when he signed the contract and understood its structure.

dacontinent said:
The Titans did McNair a favor by letting him negotiate a deal with another team while the Titans still owned his rights and had to option of matching any offer made.

You will not get the money up front after the third contract - around nine years in the league. 99% of the players in the NFL are way past their prime at that point and it doesn't make good business sense for the team to do that. He could have taken the money up front, but he would have had to sign a much longer contract so the up front money could have been spread out over a larger time frame. He refused to do that with the previous contract. No disrespect by the Titans; just where he was in his career. The players and their agents know that going in. McNair knew exactly what he was doing when he signed the contract and understood its structure.

The Titans wanted McNair gone, so the "favor" was mutual benefit. They didn't do it just for him. The disrespect was in how they treated him at the end, i.e., not letting him train, and after the ruling, still requiring him to get a physical before commencing.

McNair restructured his contract for the Titans benefit to give them cap room to sign picks. That's the upfront I'm referring to. As far as I know, he was still under that contract. He didn't have to restructure and back-weigh his money; he already had a contract that would pay it that he could have kept. Further, many have negotiated contracts that gave them more money up front, even in their first contracts. But this was not his first. With respect to the new contract negotiations, the Titians could trade him, like they did, or exercise any number of options, including releasing him, if they didn't want him (of course, they wouldn't do that). As I understood it, the money he was owed and being jerked around on was from the existing contract.

I think a person who did the kinds of things that he did for an organization should be treated better than the Titans treated him. Its a business, however, sometimes actions taken come back to bite you later. Other players in a similar situation (salary negotiations and renegotiations) seeing this action now might not be so accommendating next time.

Regards.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
I hope McNair goes to the Ravens and make the Titans fell stupid. Things like this makes me further understand more why T.O. did what he did and acted like he did.

Dr. Mac said:
The Titans wanted McNair gone, so the "favor" was mutual benefit. They didn't do it just for him. The disrespect was in how they treated him at the end, i.e., not letting him train, and after the ruling, still requiring him to get a physical before commencing.

McNair restructured his contract for the Titans benefit to give them cap room to sign picks. That's the upfront I'm referring to. As far as I know, he was still under that contract. He didn't have to restructure and back-weigh his money; he already had a contract that would pay it that he could have kept. Further, many have negotiated contracts that gave them more money up front, even in their first contracts. But this was not his first. With respect to the new contract negotiations, the Titians could trade him, like they did, or exercise any number of options, including releasing him, if they didn't want him (of course, they wouldn't do that). As I understood it, the money he was owed and being jerked around on was from the existing contract.

I think a person who did the kinds of things that he for an organization should be treated better than the Titans treated him. Its a business, however, sometimes actions taken come back to bite you later. Other players in a similar situation (salary negotiations and renegotiations) seeing this action now might not be so accommendating next time.

Regards.

These are good points.

Remember. This is an organization run by Bud Adams.

the tenn. was in a lose lose situation. the titans couldnt afford mcnair, mcnair wasnt taken a cut and the titans salary cap couldn't hold him. so for them to get anything was good, tenn had to let him go. plus i dont think mcnair give a suck about what he got traded for he will make more money now.

Mcnair was treated with extreme disrepect. The least they could have done was to call him and tell him before hand that he could not work out with the team. Not usher him out of there like some common thug.

.................them dirty lowdown %$#@(!**&^@$%$#.Where is the trash can.

:angry: :angry: :angry:

Go Ravens!!!!!!!!

I know McNair is not mad at now. The Raven I think gave him a signing bonus of 11 mil. I know this time he want do no restructuring of contract this time. I think he got a pretty good deal now.

Croft84 said:
I know McNair is not mad at now. The Raven I think gave him a signing bonus of 11 mil. I know this time he want do no restructuring of contract this time. I think he got a pretty good deal now.

Plus, McNair will be playing in a good Market in Batimore.

Dr. Mac said:
I don't think McNair is over the hill, moreso, the problem was he had no supporting cast. Add that to the Titans draft picks (prior to this year's draft), his support was dismal (Packman Jones in the first round????????). I agree on getting your money up front, but even with that, the Titans still treated him disrespectfully.

Regards.

I completely agree. McNair's best receiver the past two years was a converted college QB :scared:. Drew Bennett wouldn't even be a number two receiver for Indy. The offensive line is average at best. TE Enron Kenney certainly doesn't strike fear in the hearts of defenders with his speed. The Titans are quickly becoming a JOKE. Billy Volek certainly isn't Steve McNair and he's injury prone too. So if Volek goes down, are they really going to throw Young out there with the supporting cast they have? :retard: I hope Volek stays healthy or they find another backup QB because Young shouldn't even touch the field this year. I want to see him succeed and throwing him out there with that roster would be insane.

As for McNair, he has three to four years left in him. He had a good and healthy season last year despite that pitiful roster and he made the Pro Bowl. Baltimore will make the playoffs and compete with New England, Indy, Pittsburgh and Cincinnati as the best teams in the AFC.

Dr. Mac said:

I think a person who did the kinds of things that he for an organization should be treated better than the Titans treated him. Its a business, however, sometimes actions taken come back to bite you later. Other players in a similar situation (salary negotiations and renegotiations) seeing this action now might not be so accommendating next time.

Regards.
I do agree with you about them not allowing him to rehab, but I think that still did him a favor in that it let everybody know that they wanted him out the door. I also agree with you that it makes a strong statement to others and might come back to bite them in the future. The rest of the stuff is BAU and just part of the owners dominant position in NFL contracts. No, it does not make their actions right, but it was not new or unique to Steve McNair.

If the player goes after the money upfront, he's selfish and a golddigger and WHEN the team back loads the contract so they can yank it out from under they player and they are selfish misers. The real problem is the CBA and the greed associated with it. One of these days there will be merit pay and there will be no more disrespect.

Back