LSU-SU game not practical

Re: LSU-SU game not prtactical

Jaguar94 said:
What if was McNeese or Northwestern asking for a game?
I bet the comments would be different.

Co-Sign!!

Southern does not need to play LSU period. Tony Clayton is a "DAYUM FOOL" for trying to get this game.

We "SU" are not even on LSU's radar when it come to coaching, training facilities and talent. LSU is a major program, in arguably the toughest conference in all of NCAA football. They would have their way with Southern and bust the clock on us if they wanted too. Really, them scoring a 100 on us would not be a problem. Let's be real folks this is football, not basketball or baseball. The strength of LSU offensive and defensive lines would dismantle Southern within a quarter.

Think back to the way Tulane handle SU the two time we played them. Tulane's lil' ole 260 lbs. avg. defensive line made our 300 + lbs offensive line, big weaklings, look foolish those years. And this was Tulane.

We don't want none of LSU, trust me on that.............

TruBluJAG said:
Southern does not need to play LSU period. Tony Clayton is a "DAYUM FOOL" for trying to get this game. :bowdown:

We "SU" are not even on LSU's radar when it come to coaching, training facilities and talent. LSU is a major program, in arguably the toughest conference in all of NCAA football. They would have their way with Southern and bust the clock on us if they wanted too. Really, them scoring a 100 on us would not be a problem. Let's be real folks this is football, not basketball or baseball. The strength of LSU offensive and defensive lines would dismantle Southern within a quarter. :tup:

Think back to the way Tulane handle SU the two time we played them. Tulane's lil' ole 260 lbs. avg. defensive line made our 300 + lbs offensive line, big weaklings, look foolish those years. And this was Tulane. :tup:

I don't know why this is so hard for SUnites to see....:rolleyes:

TruBluJAG said:
Think back to the way Tulane handle SU the two time we played them. Tulane's lil' ole 260 lbs. avg. defensive line made our 300 + lbs offensive line, big weaklings, look foolish those years. And this was Tulane.

Actually if you remember SU could have beaten Tulane the second game. The outcome wasn't decided until the fourth quarter. It was a 10 point game going into the 4th. Our pass defense shut them down, and they were forced to bench JP Lossman and use a option attack. SU also had 3 turnovers in the redzone.

Scoring Summary (Final)
2002 Southwestern Athletic Conference
Southern vs Tulane (Aug 31, 2002 at New Orleans, LA)

Southern (0-1) vs. Tulane (1-0)
Date: Aug 31, 2002 Site: New Orleans, LA Stadium: Louisiana Superdome
Attendance: 40337

Score by Quarters 1 2 3 4 Score
----------------- -- -- -- -- -----
Southern............ 0 0 6 13 - 19
Tulane.............. 7 10 3 17 - 37

Scoring Summary:
1st 12:29 TUL - DUNN, James 18 yd pass from LOSMAN, J.P. (MARLER, Seth kick)
5 plays, 68 yards, TOP 2:31, SU 0 - TUL 7
2nd 08:49 TUL - MARLER, Seth 39 yd field goal
8 plays, 44 yards, TOP 2:24, SU 0 - TUL 10
01:21 TUL - LOSMAN, J.P. 4 yd run (MARLER, Seth kick)
8 plays, 55 yards, TOP 2:11, SU 0 - TUL 17
3rd 07:49 TUL - MARLER, Seth 21 yd field goal
14 plays, 65 yards, TOP 5:16, SU 0 - TUL 20
05:20 SU - JOUBERT,Al'Tre 9 yd pass from RICHARD,Quincy (MILLER,Colby kick failed)
6 plays, 80 yards, TOP 2:29, SU 6 - TUL 20
4th 11:59 TUL - MOORE, Mewelde 44 yd pass from LOSMAN, J.P. (MARLER, Seth kick)
5 plays, 69 yards, TOP 1:10, SU 6 - TUL 27
04:43 SU - FISHER,Anthony 5 yd run (MILLER,Colby kick)
2 plays, 49 yards, TOP 0:23, SU 13 - TUL 27

02:56 TUL - MARLER, Seth 41 yd field goal
7 plays, 53 yards, TOP 1:47, SU 13 - TUL 30
01:24 TUL - LUCAS, Sean 76 yd fumble recovery (MARLER, Seth kick)
SU 13 - TUL 37
00:00 SU - HAYES,Michael 6 yd pass from FISHER,Anthony (FISHER,Anthony pass failed)
8 plays, 70 yards, TOP 1:24, SU 19 - TUL 37

SJT,

Bruh that game summary from 2002 was a dayum joke. SU got back into the game when Tulane started to use substitutes.

BTW, what happened in 2001:

Scoring Summary (Final)
2001 SOUTHWESTERN ATHLETIC CONFERENCE
Southern vs Tulane (Sep 29, 2001 at New Orleans, La.)

Southern (2-2) vs. Tulane (1-4)
Date: Sep 29, 2001 Site: New Orleans, La. Stadium: Louisiana Superdome
Attendance: 41319

Score by Quarters 1 2 3 4 Score
----------------- -- -- -- -- -----
Southern............ 7 0 0 0 - 7
Tulane.............. 14 10 14 3 - 41

Like, I said before this is Tulane. 41 to 7. I guess they called off the dogs in the 4th qtr.

Bruh, just be real, we ain't on LSU's radar when it comes to football.......

TruBluJAG said:
SJT,

Bruh that game summary from 2002 was a dayum joke. SU got back into the game when Tulane started to use substitutes.

BTW,Bruh, just be real, we ain't on LSU's radar when it comes to football.......
First off, I never said SU is on LSU's radar. They have the best money can buy. Tulane didn't call no dogs off nor did they substitute. They were still trying to score at the end of the game. You don't remember the fake punt with 2 minutes left in the game.

SUjagTILLiDIE said:
First off, I never said SU is on LSU's radar. They have the best money can buy. Tulane didn't call no dogs off nor did they substitute. They were still trying to score at the end of the game. You don't remember the fake punt with 2 minutes left in the game.

I covered the two SU-Tulane football games in undergrad

People don't remember that 1st rd draft pick Patrick ramsey was gettin his arse lit up by Southern's front 4 the first time around...

However...two things killed us against Tulane
1. Turnovers
2. A certain Minnesota Viking that prepped at Belaire High in BR

People around here act like LSU an f'n juggernaut (no pun intended) around here. This is not like North Iberville playing Evangel or something, sheesh. Danged brainwashing has affected my people to levels I'm ashamed to say is amazingly high. Most of the instate black players from LSU either are related/played with/played against the SU players. Sure they'll want to show out...so would the SU players.

Besides if Miami didn't put up 80 on FAMU with the sqaud they had...danged sure LSU won't put 80 plus on Southern.

That being said...I don't think LSU and Southern should play from a mere financial standpoint. Why go play at Tigger Stadium/SUperdome for a six-figure pay day when all you can do is schedule another I-AA team the Nation wants to see and bring them to Mumford and make just that much in Scotlandville.

(Side Note: Heck the possible payout would probably be just off what SU makes on a home game with decent attendance, JROCK or somebody verify that). Hell Southeastern getting paid $125,000 just to play Southern Miss in Hattiesburg. Rat barstids at Texas Tech didn't hit me back to see how much they're paying the Lions for their "services."

Also, Rabalais is full of manure. That column there was just a slight piece of the dung, so you can take it, spread it on the ground and watch your lawn get greener with it. Matter of fact, this is tame by his standards.

:topic: I say all the I-AA programs in Louisiana and Mississippi..along with Central Ark and Pine Bluff just say fugg it and form their own conference. Think of the money to be made and the competition...

SUjagTILLiDIE said:
SU 93 would have given them a series game.
HEll yeah, kenya rounds, kenyatta sparks, a team full of all stars. The team that beat Steve Air McNair would have beat LSU arses. What I don't like about this article is the fact Rabalais is writing it rather than our usual sports writer. Seems to me the only time he comments about S.U. is when he is trying to blasts us. Let's play Duke...**** on LSU!

However...two things killed us against Tulane
1. Turnovers
2. A certain Minnesota Viking that prepped at Belaire High in BR

IMHO, there was another major factor, COACHING. It took Tulane coaches 1 week of preperation to figure out what it took other SWAC coaches 3 years to figure out.

Besides if Miami didn't put up 80 on FAMU with the sqaud they had...danged sure LSU won't put 80 plus on Southern.
Southern team for the past 5 or so years have been designed to outscore folks, not to hold the score down. We play for a lot of possesions. It's like a basketball team, 1 may play slowdown, never have a chance to win, but keep the score down, another may come out thier gunning and if they are hot win, but if not they will get blowed out.

SAME OLD G said:
It's racial.

I bet to differ. It is the traditionless factor. Look at what was written about Grambling (apples to apples scenario).

http://washingtonstate.scout.com/2/436274.html

SURE, USC HAS A STORIED football history. And Nebraska and Michigan, whom WSU has faced a number of times over the years, are pretty steeped in glory themselves. But this Saturday in Seattle, the Cougars will take on new foe whose pedigree may just be the most glittering of them all --- and they’re bringing a Heisman contender with them, too. In football circles, Grambling State isn’t your standard garden variety Division I-AA school. Like their marching band, the Tigers are legendary.

SU is just not respected as other programs (and its poor recruiting is becoming more apparent). What else would warrant such ridiculous statements of SU players being pummeled physically by LSU? Appalachian State played LSU better (lost 24-0) than D-IA North Texas (lost 56-3), Miss State (40-7), and Miami (40-3) last year. College football teams are so inconsistent every team is vulnerable. McNeese was up on Texas A&M by 14 at the half a few years ago (lost by 10 from my recollection). Furman lost a heartbreaker to BCS Fiesta Bowl runner-up Pitt (41-38) in 2004. Furman also played Clemson close (lost by 11 a few years ago). Georgia Southern racked up 300yds on Georgia a few yards (had a respectable loss if there is such a thing).

There is imparity in talent between D-IAA and D-IA, but the aforementioned shows that in certain cases the gap is not as wide.

College Gameday said:
HEll yeah, kenya rounds, kenyatta sparks, a team full of all stars. The team that beat Steve Air McNair would have beat LSU arses. What I don't like about this article is the fact Rabalais is writing it rather than our usual sports writer. Seems to me the only time he comments about S.U. is when he is trying to blasts us. Let's play Duke...**** on LSU!
Shawn Wallace, Rambo DL, and others. Don't forget our whole secondary was drafted.

GSUperTiger said:
I bet to differ. It is the traditionless factor. Look at what was written about Grambling (apples to apples scenario).

SU is just not respected as other programs (and its poor recruiting is becoming more apparent). What else would warrant such ridiculous statements of SU players being pummeled physically by LSU? Appalachian State played LSU better (lost 24-0) than D-IA North Texas (lost 56-3), Miss State (40-7), and Miami (40-3) last year. College football teams are so inconsistent every team is vulnerable. McNeese was up on Texas A&M by 14 at the half a few years ago (lost by 10 from my recollection). Furman lost a heartbreaker to BCS Fiesta Bowl runner-up Pitt (41-38) in 2004. Furman also played Clemson close (lost by 11 a few years ago). Georgia Southern racked up 300yds on Georgia a few yards (had a respectable loss if there is such a thing).

There is imparity in talent between D-IAA and D-IA, but the aforementioned shows that in certain cases the gap is not as wide.
Thats BS. SU baseball has either beaten or given LSU hell and every season before the game LSU fans swear they should mercey rule us.:lmao: They failed to realize for a 3 year period SU was producing more draft picks than them. LSU fans has a very bad case of think they are the greatest thing on earth. If it was Grambling it would have probably been worst.

GSUperTiger said:

I think you're suffering from the Clueless factor. I mean come on that article was from WSU. If ya'll were trying o play LSU they would have a field day with ya'll especiall with the TRADITION ya'll have for being our doormat at everything.

GSUperTiger said:

This is crackhead-ish.

The ONLY reason them crackers wrote that sh!t is to sell that bullsh!t game to other crackers as to why they were playing a c**n ass team like Grambling.

Ain't sh!t came from Grambling but weave ponytails. The ONLY tradition at Grambling is the lifelong obsession with kissing Eddie Robinson's ass and the white asses he lines up for the young Steppenfetchits to French when he's done.

That Advocate article is living testament of the perception of SU football. SU is not even respected in :(East Baton Rouge Parish:(, despite Internet Pete success of five titles. I suppose it is fitting as Pete has won more championships during his stint than the previous 35 years (spanning a revolving door cyle of SU coaches).
Meanwhile, a whisper of the Iconic name of Grambling - instant credibility is created and newspapers fly off the stands like Henry Tolbert off a SU defender. That Wassou article is only a microcosm of Grambling's national acclaim. The Icon's acclaim reaches from every quadrant of the country. Ole Nick Deriso wrote one paragraph about the Grambling helmet situation, and damn near every sporting news agency (short of Chris Berman himself) flooded to Gram for the story.

All Grambling's national and cinematic acclaim, and SU can not find any love even 10 miles from Harding and Scenic Hwy. This is the derivation of traditionless. Rabalais's candid statements shows actually how he views SU. SU ain't shi*.

were there similar articles about Appalachian State & Western Illinois?

GSUperTiger said:
That Advocate article is living testament of the perception of SU football. SU is not even respected in :(East Baton Rouge Parish:(, despite Internet Pete success of five titles. I suppose it is fitting as Pete has won more championships during his stint than the previous 35 years (spanning a revolving door cyle of SU coaches).
Meanwhile, a whisper of the Iconic name of Grambling - instant credibility is created and newspapers fly off the stands like Henry Tolbert off a SU defender. That Wassou article is only a microcosm of Grambling's national acclaim. The Icon's acclaim reaches from every quadrant of the country. Ole Nick Deriso wrote one paragraph about the Grambling helmet situation, and damn near every sporting news agency (short of Chris Berman himself) flooded to Gram for the story.

All Grambling's national and cinematic acclaim, and SU can not find any love even 10 miles from Harding and Scenic Hwy. This is the derivation of traditionless. Rabalais's candid statements shows actually how he views SU. SU ain't shi*.

were there similar articles about Appalachian State & Western Illinois?

Clueless I'll say it again. If gsu were to inquire about playing LSU they would talk about ya'll even worse. Stop trying to make this SU vs gsu. Are yo trying to convince yourself that gsu is great because it seems as though you have to remind yourself or are you trying to cheer yourself up because you know gspoo ain't winning another SWAC football title or Bayou Classic for another 7 years now that fat ass is gone......:lol: :lol:

McNeese72 said:
I don't know about the comments but we've been there and done that. They essentially said "thanks but no thanks". Come back if you win the I-AA National Championship and we will think about it. They have no interest in playing an in-state I-AA team even though they have played several out of state I-AA's.

If they play one in-state I-AA team, they will face a lot of pressure to eventually play them all.

Doc

Play all the in-state I-AA's as the homecoming game. SU this year, McNeese next year, then Grambling, then Northwestern, then Nichols, then Southeastern. That takes care of homecoming for 5 years. Then play Tulane, ULL, ULM, LaTech... good for the state.

Why such a big deal? These games aren't about SU needing a game with LSU. It's about for kids throughout the state having the experience of playing a game in the largest on campus venue in the State.

GSUperTiger said:

You have got to be one of the most ignorant people on the planet. You see S.U. and lose your mind (like a scorned woman). :lol: :emlaugh:

PsychoJag said:
Clueless I'll say it again. If gsu were to inquire about playing LSU they would talk about ya'll even worse. Stop trying to make this SU vs gsu. Are yo trying to convince yourself that gsu is great because it seems as though you have to remind yourself or are you trying to cheer yourself up because you know gspoo ain't winning another SWAC football title or Bayou Classic for another 7 years now that fat ass is gone......:lol: :lol:

He is still scorned by those 9 years of beatdowns from the Bayou Classic. If you remember, this clown was so hurt after the 2003 game until he stopped posting and went into cowardly hiding. Older gramblingnites are really ashamed of some of these coat tail riding youngsters that got "Molly Whopped" by S.U. for darn near a decade. He probably matriculated at gram for 4 years and never beat S.U. once. :lol: :emlaugh:

GSUperTiger,
Lets talk about Grambling's Number 1 tradition, getting thier arse whipped by Southern. Remeber Southern still leads the series 27-26 after the last 2 Grambling victories.

How much respect does Grambling get about 10 miles up the road in Ruston?

Taken from Rabalais' article:

But what if six starters are knocked out for the next week?s game, and that game happens to be against the best team in the Southwestern Athletic Conference?s Western Division? And what if that team, say Texas Southern, beats the Jaguars and goes on to the SWAC championship game? What would that loss to LSU be worth then, especially to SU coach Pete Richardson and his staff?

Wow! He was reading my mind. :lol:

Back