LSU-SU game not practical

Re: LSU-SU game not prtactical

GSUperTiger said:
I bet to differ. It is the traditionless factor. Look at what was written about Grambling (apples to apples scenario).

http://washingtonstate.scout.com/2/436274.html

SU is just not respected as other programs (and its poor recruiting is becoming more apparent). What else would warrant such ridiculous statements of SU players being pummeled physically by LSU? Appalachian State played LSU better (lost 24-0) than D-IA North Texas (lost 56-3), Miss State (40-7), and Miami (40-3) last year. College football teams are so inconsistent every team is vulnerable. McNeese was up on Texas A&M by 14 at the half a few years ago (lost by 10 from my recollection). Furman lost a heartbreaker to BCS Fiesta Bowl runner-up Pitt (41-38) in 2004. Furman also played Clemson close (lost by 11 a few years ago). Georgia Southern racked up 300yds on Georgia a few yards (had a respectable loss if there is such a thing).

There is imparity in talent between D-IAA and D-IA, but the aforementioned shows that in certain cases the gap is not as wide.

I saw part of that McNeese-Texas A&M game. I think that it was in 2000 or 2001. McNeese was up 24-10 at the half. (I think.) And Texas A&M scored the rest of the points in the game to win 38-24.

What I remember from that season are these. That A&M team was not as good as their conference championship teams from the Big 12 and SWC during the '90s. (I think that they finished 7-5 that year.) But I do not think that the McNeese had one of their best teams either.

When Georgia Southern played at Georgia, their leading rusher, Adrian Peterson, had over 150 yards. Georgia won 29-7.

GSUperTiger said:
That Advocate article is living testament of the perception of SU football. SU is not even respected in :(East Baton Rouge Parish:(, despite Internet Pete success of five titles. I suppose it is fitting as Pete has won more championships during his stint than the previous 35 years (spanning a revolving door cyle of SU coaches).
Meanwhile, a whisper of the Iconic name of Grambling - instant credibility is created and newspapers fly off the stands like Henry Tolbert off a SU defender. That Wassou article is only a microcosm of Grambling's national acclaim. The Icon's acclaim reaches from every quadrant of the country. Ole Nick Deriso wrote one paragraph about the Grambling helmet situation, and damn near every sporting news agency (short of Chris Berman himself) flooded to Gram for the story.

All Grambling's national and cinematic acclaim, and SU can not find any love even 10 miles from Harding and Scenic Hwy. This is the derivation of traditionless. Rabalais's candid statements shows actually how he views SU. SU ain't shi*.

were there similar articles about Appalachian State & Western Illinois?

This man is my brother! I love my brother! :lol:

Integration....

Integration has allowed Rabalais to write this article. It shocking to me that he even felt the need to write it. He didn't tell us anything we didn't already know. I wonder if he would have written the same article in 1960 when Mumford would have taken his B team and won the Southeastern Conference.

Its funny how several years ago, we watched every week as teams of equal talent and sometimes less talent beat LSU into its traditional mediocre record, despite all of its "talent". I can remember Florida State coming in here and knocking the snot out LSU players, the drunk out of LSU fans, and another coach into a U-Haul rental facility. LSU was looking around for anybody to beat and were it not for Vanderbilt, Mississippi State, Tulane, and the homecoming scrub, LSU wasn't on anybody's level unless the other team played down to theirs.

Now that Rabalais has effectively pointed out that LSU would kill Southern and make their mothers cry and that SU should learn how to manage its money while playing lower level teams who would have mercy on them or other colored universities in classics, I hope that those of you in power at SU realize just how much of a joke the world knows you are and does something to make them all into a lies.

Improve the quality of our programs, facilities, and student athletes, stop hiring your friends and flunkies, improve your student life quality, and start living up to your promises so that people will give money believing you will do the right thing instead of hoping that you do the right thing. That way when we tell Rabalais to kiss our ass, he can see we mean it at the exact moment he hears it.

Diesel said:
Improve the quality of our programs, facilities, and student athletes, stop hiring your friends and flunkies, improve your student life quality, and start living up to your promises so that people will give money believing you will do the right thing instead of hoping that you do the right thing. That way when we tell Rabalais to kiss our ass, he can see we mean it at the exact moment he hears it.

Exactly!

Diesel said:

My deal is...how us as fans can see this clearly but the high paid administrators who can sign the checks and get the ball rolling act like this doesn't exist. If I'm going to hire a "friend", it's going to be a qualified "friend"...not a unqualified "friend" who is going to make my program a laughingstock. The SWAC has made so many bad administrative hires it's crazy and we see why we're laughed at.

SAME OLD G said:
This man is my brother! I love my brother! :lol:

I reiterate.

This is crackhead-ish.

The ONLY reason them crackers wrote that sh!t is to sell that bullsh!t game to other crackers as to why they were playing a c**n ass team like Grambling.

Ain't sh!t came from Grambling but weave ponytails. The ONLY tradition at Grambling is the lifelong obsession with kissing Eddie Robinson's ass and the white asses he lines up for the young Steppenfetchits to French when he's done.

jagface said:
I reiterate.

This is crackhead-ish.

The ONLY reason them crackers wrote that sh!t is to sell that bullsh!t game to other crackers as to why they were playing a c**n ass team like Grambling.

Ain't sh!t came from Grambling but weave ponytails. The ONLY tradition at Grambling is the lifelong obsession with kissing Eddie Robinson's ass and the white asses he lines up for the young Steppenfetchits to French when he's done.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

jagface said:
I reiterate.

This is crackhead-ish.

:lmao:

That clown reminds me of a cross between Eddie from the movie Five Heartbeats (after he got on crack) and Pookie from New Jack City (only difference is he has a "g" on his dirty t-shirt. :lol: :emlaugh:

Back