Knicks finally fire Larry Brown......

PV-PRIDE

Knicks fire head coach Larry Brown

FOXSports.com

The New York Knicks fired head coach Larry Brown on Thursday and replaced him with president and general manager Isiah Thomas.

"Larry has had a long and storied career. We hired him last summer with the expectation that he would be with the Knicks for a long time. Sometimes decisions work and sometimes they don't," MSG chairman James L. Dolan said. "After careful consideration, despite the best intentions from everyone involved, this current structure did not work for us last season and I did not think it was going to improve next season."
The Knicks finished 23-59 in Brown's first and only season as head coach and rumors of his imminent exit have abounded for months.

"No one in our organization is happy with last season and we all accept responsibility for our performance," Thomas said. "This has been a difficult time for the entire organization and our fans. Today begins the 2006-07 season for the Knicks, and I strongly believe we are on the right track to take major steps in our rebuilding process to achieve our goal of being one of the premier teams in the NBA."

PV-PRIDE said:
Knicks fire head coach Larry Brown

FOXSports.com

The New York Knicks fired head coach Larry Brown on Thursday and replaced him with president and general manager Isiah Thomas.

"Larry has had a long and storied career. We hired him last summer with the expectation that he would be with the Knicks for a long time. Sometimes decisions work and sometimes they don't," MSG chairman James L. Dolan said. "After careful consideration, despite the best intentions from everyone involved, this current structure did not work for us last season and I did not think it was going to improve next season."
The Knicks finished 23-59 in Brown's first and only season as head coach and rumors of his imminent exit have abounded for months.

"No one in our organization is happy with last season and we all accept responsibility for our performance," Thomas said. "This has been a difficult time for the entire organization and our fans. Today begins the 2006-07 season for the Knicks, and I strongly believe we are on the right track to take major steps in our rebuilding process to achieve our goal of being one of the premier teams in the NBA."

LOL. The Knicks are a train wreck. What is Zeke going to do that Larry can't? You think Zeke is going to get" Starbury" to play ball? Oh well, I have never liked the Knicks anyway. They will continue to suck. Zeke will be fired after next year.

Not trying to defend the screwed-up Knick management, but firing Larry Brown was the right move. Yes he's a great coach, but he's also a drama-queen. Not a good fit for New York.

The Knicks are still my favorite team.............................but they need some help BAD.

JSU/99 said:
firing Larry Brown was the right move. Yes he's a great coach, but he's also a drama-queen.
ROTFLMAO@ "drama-queen"
:emlaugh::emlaugh::emlaugh:

actually, I've always thought Brown is a bit overrated. And he's DEFINITELY not loyal to anyone.
I hope no other team is crazy enough to be fooled by him.

Larry Brown is a broad.

The dude won 1 title in the NBA and 1 in college. Why does he qualify as a 'Great Coach'. He's OVERRATED, disloyal and untrustworthy.

Good move to cut their losses and remove that cancer from their organization.

I hope no other team gives this punk a chance to take advantage of them.

Jax said:
Exactly...(you also said he'd get a job with Detroit or dallas)

And they'd be fools too !

This dude reminds me of T.O. in what his personality does to sour an organization. He never leaves on good terms because he's a selfish snake in the grass.

DonTiger said:
And they'd be fools too !

This dude reminds me of T.O. in what his personality does to sour an organization. He never leaves on good terms because he's a selfish snake in the grass.

Meant to say either Detroit or Miami...Either way it goes...he'll land a front office position unless New York is the last stop for him. Now, if Zeke thinks he can do the same thing Pat Riley did in Miami...with the ball hogging squad he has...
that ain't happening...

mighty hornet said:
ROTFLMAO@ "drama-queen"

actually, I've always thought Brown is a bit overrated. And he's DEFINITELY not loyal to anyone.
I hope no other team is crazy enough to be fooled by him.

I agree. All he does is hop from team to team. He got lucky with the Pistons so what.

Blacknbengal said:
I wonder if Detroit will look his way again?

I think he burned that bridge. Plus, I don't think Joe Dumars will give up on the current coach just yet. As for the Knicks, they are a mess. And I don't see any quick fix.

Mr. Tiger said:
I think he burned that bridge. Plus, I don't think Joe Dumars will give up on the current coach just yet. As for the Knicks, they are a mess. And I don't see any quick fix.

What is killing the Knicks is not the coaching it is the payroll. They have to many overprice players and can not get rid of them. These players have to many years on there contract. In order to rid of them Knicks will have to eat a lot of money all these cats.

Mr. Tiger said:
But T, think about this. He is still an upgrade over Flip. And actually, Flip is just running his (Larry's) system.

Hold up. I think some of you confuse loyalty to being a good coach. Brown is an excellent coach. His only flaw is he will move around and will not stay anywhere a long time. He has won every where he has been. He was a leader on good NC teams as a player. He won in the ABA as a coach. Took a Freshman backcourt led UCLA team to the Championship game. Won a title with Kansas as a coach. Took the sad arse Clippers to the playoffs and until last season that was the last time they had been. Revamped the Pacers and made them winners, took Philly to the finals and won the title with Detroit. So we can't say he is overated as a coach. You don't get lucky like that, your whole career.

Dude is flat out maybe the best X and O's coach in the NBA. He can teach the game. No question about that.The two issues with Brown is that he seems to have no loyalty except to his mentor Dean Smith and he is too old school for a lot of these young players to relate too. Probably one of the reasons Riley brought in so many Vets to Miami. Brown other problem is that the media has become a tool for him. So he uses it. Sometimes too much. Like with the Marbury situation. He needed to just tell Stephon to shut up and play ball like Riles would have done. That Knicks situation was not a good one for him to go too. He should have stayed in Detroit. Cleveland would have been a good spot for him. Brown is a defensive minded coach so helping LeBron who is humble would have been ideal.

Blacknbengal said:
But T, think about this. He is still an upgrade over Flip. And actually, Flip is just running his (Larry's) system.

Actually Flip is not running Brown's system and that's the problem. He is trying to make Detroit into more of a scoring team. Flip's m.o. is offense. That's why Ben Wallace and Flip aint getting along and Flip being there may cause Detroit to lose Big Ben who is a free agent.

JR said:
Actually Flip is not running Brown's system and that's the problem. He is trying to make Detroit into more of a scoring team. Flip's m.o. is offense. That's why Ben Wallace and Flip aint getting along and Flip being there may cause Detroit to lose Big Ben who is a free agent.
I thought that he kept the same system in place. Interesting..........

The Knicks are dumb as hell....... And I love it. :nod:

That franchise was a train wreck before Larry Brown got there, and they are no different now. Stop trying to label the GREAT Larry Brown as the scape goat.

Mr. SWAC said:
The Knicks are dumb as hell....... And I love it. :nod:

That franchise was a train wreck before Larry Brown got there, and they are no different now. Stop trying to label the GREAT Larry Brown as the scape goat.

:tup: You shole is right frat.

Now Brown did contribute to the media mess in NY with all the back and forth banter with Starbury. But is sure isn't all his fault they suck.

Blacknbengal said:
I thought that he kept the same system in place. Interesting..........

Beans, he kept some things in place. But he tried to pick up the tempo with them offensively. I remember one of the sports analysts saying that Detroit went away from what they used to be. A half court, defensive team. Not to mention the mental toughness Larry brought to team. Detroit played with no urgency this year. They always thought they could turn it on when they needed too. It bit them in the end. Brown never would allow that kind of complacency.

Back