Kevin Stallings Tells His Own Player "I'll ****** Kill You"

If the player would have told Stallings to "Go F*** Himself" on a live mic or did the choke sign/throat slash in game, he WOULD be suspended and/or kicked off the team and would get the same amount of coverage as Stallings. We would say he is a disrespectful little prick and talk about his parents to no end (he clapped in the players face and a UT coach told Stallings)

Coaches are supposed to be mentors to young men so they should be held to a higher standard as the face of the University . I'[m sure Vandy is loving all the positive attention they're getting from one of their faces telling a player he'd kill them on TV in this day and age.

If the player would have told Stallings to "Go F*** Himself" on a live mic or did the choke sign/throat slash in game, he WOULD be suspended and/or kicked off the team and would get the same amount of coverage as Stallings. We would say he is a disrespectful little prick and talk about his parents to no end (he clapped in the players face and a UT coach told Stallings)

Coaches are supposed to be mentors to young men so they should be held to a higher standard as the face of the University . I'[m sure Vandy is loving all the positive attention they're getting from one of their faces telling a player he'd kill them on TV in this day and age.

Coaches are there to win games, not play daddy. Players are there to win games, not be mentored.

I don't think Stallings meant what he said, though. But the optics are horrible.

hmmmm....
interesting, yet positive "spin". Guess you won't be labeling Stallings "crazy" or calling the Nashville reporter to rehash it.

carry on...

1. It's not a positive spin.

2. This story isn't HBCU-related. So, I won't be writing about it.

2. Get out of your feelings.

Last edited:
Neither Jenkins or Stallings meant what they did or said literally...my opinion!

Did not hear Jenkins but from what I saw with Stallings the "I'll kill you comment" was in the heat of chastising Baldwin for unsportsmanlike conduct. Hopefully Jenkins was just playing around.

Coaches are there to win games, not play daddy. Players are there to win games, not be mentored.

I don't think Stallings meant what he said, though. But the optics are horrible.
The fact that he went and made the kid apologize made it a "daddy" move.

After watching the video it is clear he didn't mean it literally, the player took no offense and he has been teaching/mentoring his team about good sportsmanship continuously. Out of his own mouth, 1:01 mark, when addressing the young man in reference to his on the court antics, "I've told you a hundred times!"

For some of these players the coach is the closest thing they have to a father....I'm so glad Coach Rob, Pete Richardson, Ace Mumford, and a few others understood the meaning of coach.

Also I don't think this coach meant it but used the words as a metaphor....but you have to watch what you say.

Metaphor? That was a poor choice of words.... He needs to control his emotions. Granted, what the player did was inexcusable.... You don't make threats

After watching the video it is clear he didn't mean it literally, the player took no offense and he has been teaching/mentoring his team about good sportsmanship continuously. Out of his own mouth, 1:01 mark, when addressing the young man in reference to his on the court antics, "I've told you a hundred times!"

Black folks doing the hand gestures mean little to nothing but this man blew it way out of proportion. How you gone keep cussing and embarassing the player IN PUBLIC and then tell him "I'll kill you". Where did that come from? Why did he even have to mention the word "kill"?
If the player has consequences for his antics and language, the coach must be man enough to follow suit and suffer the consequences. He gets no pass here.

Besides, if he's talking to the player like that in public, there's no telling what he's saying in private.

Back